Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enterprise Season4. for the SF nuts, do yo still care?

The Great Damn of Boston. JediFonger's Avatar

Cool Enterprise Season4. for the SF nuts, do yo still care?

just wondering. i just saw season4 premiere Storm Front Part 1 a few days ago. i thought it was an interesting way to get out of the problems of season 3. manny coto took over the show-running and added the Garfield team as part of his ensemble of writers. as you know the Garfields have written Star Trek Prime Directive, Federation and most of the "Shatnerverse" novels. i'm excited about the Garfield episodes... i think they are truly the best Star Trek novel writers of today and having them doing TV show and hopefully (one of these days) a script for a feature epic film. their works are pretty cinematic since they are writing about stories that originated in a a/v medium.

anyone else follow this show?
    to the edge of eternity and depth of infinity, stupidity knows no bound.

I just started watching this show. I was/am a huge Next Generation fan, kinda liked Deep Space Nine, and never really got into Voyager. But I've been meaning to try to catch Enterprise.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

fated loafer
    Lack of teliviosionary equipment has put a hold on all viewings of any kind, yet there is little feeling of regret as it would prove to be merely another form of procrastination.

Blog Entries
    I watched most of Enterprise and I was rather unimpressed, it went away from exploration and and turned into a vendettat to destroy an entire race, the whole outer space war thing is getting to be kind of boring, If I wanted to see war, genocide and horny vulcans, I would watch CNN. I wish star trek would go back to the good old days...

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

i believe season1 of original series Star Trek is out. s2 is coming out first Tuesday of November and s3 is out December 14th. i shall probably get the whole thing by December =).

I have pirated all of the original episodes...

I love lime wire
    Revenge is a dish best served cold. Never was a chef, but it sounds good to me.

Blog Entries
    Indeed, I enjoy the original sereis, and have collected most of them, but I am mainly focusing on SG1 now.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

I like Enterprise, its decent enough. I don't like the whole "temporal cold war" thing, I think its annoying. But I do like the whole "get out there and explore" type of thing. Their first season was nice in that way. The second season fixed some of the do-gooder attitudes that I didn't like about Archer. Now that the temporal cold war is over I hope it gets better. I really like Doctor Phlox's character, and Lt. Reed. I'm also excited about Brent Spiner joining the show. Sure, it could be gimmicky, but Data is probably my favorite ST character of all shows so....
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

well if you saw the recent episodes "Storm Front" both parts the temp cold war should have ended. rick berman and the other guy are very poor writers. manny coto should, in theory, rescue the show. i hear they hired the garfields to write some of the episodes... i'm most excited about those episodes! they are bound to be OUT OF THIS WORLD. i mean the books they've written read like the shows... but here they are actually WRITING the star trek shows!!! wooo hooo!!! it must be a dream come true for coto and garfields.

Blog Entries
    The original series are my favorite but Deep space nine is the one I grew up with. I live in Icland so I have only seen two series of Enterprise so I don't know what is going on out there...
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

you can download the latest episodes from the internet if you have broadband. it's like someone else already helped you taped it.

Blog Entries
    how do I do that, I am not very good with computers.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Blog Entries
    Check out win MX or Limewire
    WinMx: http://www.winmx.com/
    Limewire: http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem

Talking

those ones are complicated. the best way is download azureus:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=84122
    ^download the setup.exe and set it up. there are mirrors, if one doesn't work try others. also this is java-based so make sure you have the latest version of java from java.com

then goto:
    http://suprnova.org/ or http://btefnet.com/
    to d/l the latest not just from enterprise but ANY TV show eps that you've recently missed. bte is for more recent stuff but sprnova's got everything! =)

after you setup azureus and you goto either of those bit-torrent site you have to open a .torrent file. it may take days or more to get a file but at least you can get it. that's the point of broadband and 'always on'.

Back on topic, I was the biggets TNG fan, but then it went off the air, then I went to DS9 and liked it decently. I occasionally watched Voyager but I never got into it. So, when they were all gone I was all excited for Enterprise, but I can't get to like the captain. He just doesn't work for me, so it has never been something I have ever gotten into. Actually, with the really stupid main character death in the most recent TNG, I have lost respect for that group at the moment.
    "Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast