Why did I chose to be a writer of all when so many other better options or professions lying in wait for me after all? That too in English, a language I started using when I attained adulthood.

The reason is obvious. I am the type who loves questioning in life. I can not live confined and rooted anywhere else and I want to find myself in a world of thinkers and inquisitive beings in the world. I can not let any barriers and impediments confine or delimit me anywhere or in a particular culture and society.

Universal brotherhood is what I believe in. People live with a kind of alienation or estrangement coming across other beings from other nations and I feel we all belong to the same species despite there are different facades and facets in life I chose the writing profession in order that I can share the universality I live with.

Indeed I cannot remain geographically and linguistically confined. No cultural or ideological peculiarities should debar me from getting across people from all over the world.

From my babyhood one thing I have uncommon to the masses, that is a sense of equality and equanimity. I do not like to look down on anyone just he belongs to particular a social stratum or caste that was taken very commonly in my part of the world where social gradations are based along racial grounds. Class consciousness is sweepingly affecting one and all and this matter has never shaped my ways of thinking and discerning at all.

I have these ideals to live by and indeed I need a language to express the ideals or values I live by to a larger audience and no other language can be of better help than English in today's world of communication superhighway.

This is not vanity that I spoke too much about myself and this I did with a will to share with all, for many that come here take writing as their optional vocations.

In life I want to arrive at truth and of course truth is unfortunately a domain that can not be arrived at, yet the journey is really venturesome and it is the journey that is the sum and substance of life and nothing remains beyond the journey.

As a matter of fact I find pieces of writing are more enduring than anything else against the saber claws of time, and ancients had nothing to bequeath to us other than their ideas.

Ideas are more powerful substances and I believe and am very much convinced that it is the idea that moves the world not the reverse course.