Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nocturnal Habit of mine...

Blog Entries

Nocturnal Habit of mine...

The moon's light filters my window passing by the elm tree outside my room.(hehe). I've found myself pondering of what my LitNetter friends think of every time the night approaches. Which led me to make this intriguing thread. (or noT ) I'm just wondering of what you think often every night when you are about to take a soundly nap???

---- ----

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    The night is when I come alive. *hisssss*

Seriously, though. I like it how it's dark and calm and nobody bothers me. And the stars are out so I can look at them and it's just heavenly. I also think the moon is much, much prettier than the sun. I disagree with Shakespeare or Romeo or whatever.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Adams View Post
    The night is when I come alive. *hisssss*

Seriously, though. I like it how it's dark and calm and nobody bothers me. And the stars are out so I can look at them and it's just heavenly. I also think the moon is much, much prettier than the sun. I disagree with Shakespeare or Romeo or whatever.
    Me too Lily! I love those light dark hue!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Blog Entries
    Good day guys!
    I'm very much eager to know your habits at night! Before going to sleep what are you often doing or thinking????

---

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

for me, it's all about fantasies. because the thing about fantasies is that it's just the *idea* of them - the person, or the set-up, or whatever. Just when you're about to get to the good part . . . you fall asleep.

Blog Entries
    I usually listen to Vivaldi before I go to sleep/while I sleep. I've always loved classical music, and it puts me in an amazing state of mind. I'm a hopeless romantic, and I really hope my dreams are what my afterlife will be like.
    Naked except for a cigarette, you let your mind drift and forget your disbelief. Feel the chill down your back and the flutter of wings through dandelion fields, and forget the pull of gravity in a night without stars.

I lack eloquence and commitment to my arguments. They are half baked, and I will begin passionately, and then abandon them.

Blog Entries
    zzzzzzzzzzz..
    ---

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Its such a thoughtful thread, eyemaker.

I love nights. The way they look, the way they sound- everything. And i often feel like i shouldnt really waste the most peaceful hours sleeping, so i often spend my nights reading or writing or just thinking and listening to music (yeah i have this habit of sleeping till late in the morning, sometimes till afternoon ^_^ ). Even the nights when i decide to sleep, i usually stay up late. Doing nothing in particular. And at nights like this i prefer reading something good before going to bed (i'm obsessed with beautiful words), or just listen to good music, which means i think along those lines before going to bed, usually on the topics of the thing i'm reading or listening to.

But lately i get exams everyday and mom likes it if i study at night, so i take up my textbooks at night, which means the no-sleep sessions are gone, and i sleep right through the night (textbooks do the trick). So these days before falling off to sleep, i think of what'll be produced in f1 generation if cross is made between...
    Not a nice change i tell u.
    ...the smell of flowers through metal labyrinths.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by symphony View Post

I love nights. The way they look, the way they sound- everything. And i often feel like i shouldnt really waste the most peaceful hours sleeping, so i often spend my nights reading or writing or just thinking and listening to music (yeah i have this habit of sleeping till late in the morning, sometimes till afternoon ^_^ ). Even the nights when i decide to sleep, i usually stay up late. Doing nothing in particular. And at nights like this i prefer reading something good before going to bed (i'm obsessed with beautiful words), or just listen to good music, which means i think along those lines before going to bed, usually on the topics of the thing i'm reading or listening to.

But lately i get exams everyday and mom likes it if i study at night, so i take up my textbooks at night, which means the no-sleep sessions are gone, and i sleep right through the night (textbooks do the trick). So these days before falling off to sleep, i think of what'll be produced in f1 generation if cross is made between...

Hi there mate! I often do the same as you do! I stay up late during night...without doing anything but to stare outside my window admiring the serene beauty of a nature's haven(at night)..with music on my head trying to look up for the lyrics...well it just make sense..

But last night when I'm about to have a sleep my neighbors broke my fine momentum of pressing my eyes gently to close...Urgh! They again woke every sleeping creatures of the town(even the birds seemed to evacuate). They had their shouting sessions.. The parents are actually quarreling not minding their children absorbing every word they throw at each other...
    ---
    I guess I have to mind my own nocturnal habit...the thing is...I had a soundly sleep that night! I don't know why....
    ---
    zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZzz

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by symphony View Post

Hi there mate! I often do the same as you do! I stay up late during night...without doing anything but to stare outside my window admiring the serene beauty of a nature's haven(at night)..with music on my head trying to look up for the lyrics...well it just make sense..

But last night when I'm about to have a sleep my neighbors broke my fine momentum of pressing my eyes gently to close...Urgh! They again woke every sleeping creatures of the town(even the birds seemed to evacuate). They had their shouting sessions.. The parents are actually quarreling not minding their children absorbing every word they throw at each other...
    ---
    I guess I have to mind my own nocturnal habit...the thing is...I had a soundly sleep that night! I don't know why....
    ---
    zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZzz

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Blog Entries
    zzzzzzzzzzz

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Why pester someone for... formality hater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I used to stare a lot at the stars.I remember imagining how the stars formed intriguing shapes,when I was little,but sadly I never find this much idle time now.

At present,I would say that the night is the best time available to study.While others are sleeping as logs,you can easily get a quiet atmosphere to dive into books.
    Hats off to "NIGHT"!
    Leaping and hopping like a frog now, but still have a long way to go before I get crowned as "King Frog"!

If grace is an ocean... grace86's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh dear. It is midnight now and my heart is so romantically foggy that I could take this whole evening to write about how I feel about night time and what I do.

It's when my heart gets soft and my soul has time to think and breathe. Lately, evening has been willingly surrendered to conversations on the phone with dear friends who would otherwise be neglected since I am so busy. Sometimes they go 2-4 hours and I get to bed very very late (or early next morning ) but the conversations are so worth it.

Worship music usually accompanies me after the phone calls along with the sound of the dishwasher down the hall. I say my prayers and as I lay down I give myself over to thoughts of the people I spoke to that night. A long time ago I used to sleep with my blinds open so I could look out at the night, but lately, since I have moved, I have yet to feel comfortable doing so. Somehow, at night, the only place in my apartment that seems to feel like a sanctuary is my bedroom with the door closed and locked.

But don't get me wrong, I love nighttime. Such an opportunity to relax, not necessarily to go to sleep...but to reconnect with my soul after a long day.

And of course the dark purple comforter on top of a feather down comforter and four pillows make for a very inviting sleeping experience! Time to go to sleep now!!!!
    Last edited by grace86; 02-29-2008 at 04:18 AM.
    "So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way....He loves us..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xXowT4eJjY

Oh Night? My favourite time of the day. Jeez I have so many things to do at this time that it affects my sleeping routine. As I can't sleep in the day too, I get not enough sleep many times and am waiting for the dark shadows to appear under my eyes. Oh and have to bear Mother's rage too. Most of my work load lies upon night such as school work (I would agree with formality that it's the most peaceful time when everybody else is asleep, oh and the workers next-door are not working to build the house and so not creating any noise), sometimes reading books and even internet browsing at times too. I find my flow of thoughts being the fastest at night too as if I am most energetic then.

In childhood I had pretty fun-time at nights too. In winter it would be by eating dry fruits or reading books and then falling asleep (I read five times more as a child than I do now, was probably my only big hobby). Oh and summer nights were spent outside in the home by chatting about what's happening in the universe or making strange stories with my brother or when he would fall asleep which he usually apparently did before me, I would just do that alone. Talk to myself. Oh and together we counted stars too, that was another hobby related with night. And oh I don't mean the idiom 'counting stars' which means 'waiting for something big to happen' or probably I mean that too....

I guess I love night. Am a night-owl.

Quote Originally Posted by symphony
    But lately i get exams everyday and mom likes it if i study at night, so i take up my textbooks at night
    Heh it's the opposite for my mother. She staunchily believes that whatever I do in the day, night should be spent sleeping in order to have my routine adjusted. She thinks that there is enough time in the day to be spent studying for school. At times I manage it, but erm sometimes we all prove to be a disappointment for others, don't we....
    Last edited by Pensive; 02-29-2008 at 05:41 AM.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

She thinks that there is enough time in the day to be spent studying for school.
    She's right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast