Thread: Obsession with beauty

Obsession with beauty

These are fragments I have written about things of beauty and it is likely that one fragment or paragraph does not synchronize with the other. These are pieces and do not seek for the order of them.

A thing of beauty is really a matter of obsession and all no matter what genders we are of and which society do we belong to, this indeed appeals to us tellingly.

Indeed females are more obsessed with beauty expressly and males too are rather inexpressly but innately all yearn for it and moved by it.

What is beauty then? It is indeed body and soul in perfect harmony, and of course there must a precision of things.

Why do we deem a certain combination of things as beautiful and others not is a matter that interests me. Why white is a symbol of beauty and black not for a particular community is to a matter of interest.

Is it a matter of optical illusion? Why does a rose attract and a piece of stone does not or a leaf does not in the same proportion?

Indeed tens of thousands of ideas crop up in my mind respecting the thing of beauty.

This is indeed a grave subject and we all want to see or have it consciously or unconsciously and indeed we are engrossingly seeking for it day in day out unremittingly but in point of fact it is really far from reaching as it is intangible. What seems and what we deem is not it commonly and what we define or confine within wordily structured forms. It is indeed a matter of heart and something that is not explicable in terms of our day to day vocabularies.

Then what is it? It is an ideal. Everyone wants it inherently and a child wants it and so does the adult. Often it is connected with sex; maybe partly there are elements of sexual rudiments in beauty but it transcends the limit of it. It goes beyond peripheral definitions and of course intangential.

It often seems that beauty is characteristic of femininity but we are in the wrong to take it as something feminine. They are expressive and males are inexpressive generally. But this is there. Everyone worships it. We want everything beautiful, our homes, our dresses, our cities and everything we want is beautiful.

What is beauty then? It is kind of the order we seek perpetually out of universal chaos, and yet it is something everyone aspires to yet no one has manifestly arrived at. Indeed it is indeed a matter of perfection. Physical beauty is really appealing and yet more engaging is inner beauty. Inner beauty is something that harmonizes oneself with his or her environment and wherein one finds oneself in a state perfect order.

Beauty is definitely synchronization, and everyone seeks it in chaos a state that is indeed very amicably to be in unison.

Why do women want it more than men? It is indeed to be harmoniously in the swing of things. Primordially, they seek it out of the fear of getting cast off. Indeed in part through beauty they can prop up their acceptance. For males are rather strongly bodied beings compared with their counterparts and they have through their mammoth physical structures dominance over females over time despite the fact that women are intellectually and intelligently outsmart men. Of course this beauty matter in some cases has to do with physical matters.

Having said all this, I do not limit it to a domain of physicals beauty. As a man at an earthly phase coming across a woman finds her a beauty, indeed a thing of physical beauty, a kind of gorgeousness, a very eye-catching sight and of course after passing this stage he transcends the façade of it, and of course he sees beauty not in body but in spirit, in behavior and attitude. Of course attitude or behavior adds to beauty. If a woman beautiful in the flesh does not smile and acts boorishly, she does not look beautiful and if an ugly woman behaves amicably she looks more attractive.

Of course beauty as time goes by churns out differently and both males and females start going into the inner part of them and what we see physically fade away. They shed the externals of them, and

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What I cherish about this is the feeling of a mind sincerely questioning itself, pondering, meditating. There were elements of interest in each of these but I especially liked:

Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
    What is beauty then? It is kind of the order we seek perpetually out of universal chaos, and yet it is something everyone aspires to yet no one has manifestly arrived at. Indeed it is indeed a matter of perfection. Physical beauty is really appealing and yet more engaging is inner beauty. Inner beauty is something that harmonizes oneself with his or her environment and wherein one finds oneself in a state perfect order.
    and I took issue with this:

Why do women want it more than men? It is indeed to be harmoniously in the swing of things. Primordially, they seek it out of the fear of getting cast off. Indeed in part through beauty they can prop up their acceptance. For males are rather strongly bodied beings compared with their counterparts and they have through their mammoth physical structures dominance over females over time despite the fact that women are intellectually and intelligently outsmart men. Of course this beauty matter in some cases has to do with physical matters.

Blog Entries
    there is a song here kind of older by a man named Englebert Humpedink that goes....

Everything is beautiful in it own way...

Its a very clever song. B
    "I am glad to learn my friend that you had not yet submitted yourself to any of the mouldy laws of Literature."
    -John Muir

"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light"
    -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blog Entries
    Women are creators, they make beautiful things....I call them children oh and sometimes they make MEN!
    "I am glad to learn my friend that you had not yet submitted yourself to any of the mouldy laws of Literature."
    -John Muir

"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light"
    -Edna St. Vincent Millay

The Word is Serendipitous Lote-Tree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We find Symmetrical things Beautiful.
    I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
    Some letter of that After-life to spell:
    And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
    And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell :"

Blog: Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree and Poetry and Tales

Quote Originally Posted by B-Mental View Post
    Women are creators, they make beautiful things....I call them children oh and sometimes they make MEN!
    B-Mental you are really authentic and immaculate in expressing things in a sentence I could not do in paragraphs. Particularly the expression, '
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Mental View Post
    and sometimes they make MEN!
    is superbly beautiful and of course it condescendingly speaks lots of what I wanted to express through this topic.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Blog Entries
    We work well together my brother...thats all I can say...peace, B
    -John Muir

-Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
    Beauty is definitely synchronization, and everyone seeks it in chaos a state that is indeed very amicably to be in unison.
    I so liked this point, Blaze. My thoughts were that beauty is found in simplicity, so that would be parallel to what you are saying in this phrase (I hope).

For me, beauty transcends the human plain, for as we all know, when we die these cases we walk around with on Earth (our bodies), shall deteriorate, rot, etc, and what is left is what was important to begin with. What is in our hearts -- I'll leave it at that, so as to not start a discussion on that end.

OK, and in saying that beauty transcends the human plain, I only meant that true beauty is found (in my opinion) in the perfections of Nature.

Wonderful topic, Blaze, thanks.
    "... turn off the sun pull the stars from the sky
    the more I give to you the more I die ..."
    ©T.R.

NIN Schtuff