View Poll Results: Will we ever live in a society without religion?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, in some centuries from now.

10 27.03%
  • Nope, religion is everlasting

12 32.43%
  • I have no idea.

7 18.92%
  • There will be new religions

9 24.32%
  • the world will be destroyed before that happens

6 16.22%
  • dude, who cares?!

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will we ever live in a religionless society?

As a muslim i believe that there will be time that no one believe in God-Allah.
    Prophet said that there will be time when no one know why a person was killed, and earthquakes will appear, a huge amout of people will die in east and west at once, alot of not legal sexual relations, alot of wars. Then the time that follow these things will be fulled with believers especially when Christ peace be upon him will come, after the death of Christ peace be upon him people will loose thier faith with time and will come time when believers die and remain only persons who dont believe in any thing, one of these persons will say "my old grandfather was saying Allah" and with time no one will remain and pronounce the word Allah or God, no one religion will remain, even Quran wont be presented. Killing and raping and drinking will be diffused and then the day of judgment will begin, which is another chapter in humans life.

Alive In Our Hearts mercy_mankind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shield&Sword View Post
    Prophet said that there will be time when no one know why a person was killed, and earthquakes will appear, a huge amout of people will die in east and west at once, alot of not legal sexual relations, alot of wars. Then the time that follow these things will be fulled with believers especially when Christ peace be upon him will come, after the death of Christ peace be upon him people will loose thier faith with time and will come time when believers die and remain only persons who dont believe in any thing, one of these persons will say "my old grandfather was saying Allah" and with time no one will remain and pronounce the word Allah or God, no one religion will remain, even Quran wont be presented. Killing and raping and drinking will be diffused and then the day of judgment will begin, which is another chapter in humans life.

I like your answers
    But The marks of the judgment day , as the Prophet Muhammed Peace Be Upon Him said , that there will be Muslims and they will know (Al -Masseh Ad-djal) they will read the word "faithless" , so could you tell me the exact Hdith , I'll be grateful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TEND View Post
    I sort of feel organized religion has to come to an end. Personal belief in an other worldly diety may continue but I think organized religions will either die out or destroy the world.
    Many people arent very happy with organised religions these days, thats why many people, myself included, have now turned to spiritualism which is by far a very personal belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lote-Tree View Post
    The Answer is No.

If we go by history of religions - The Power of Organised Religion will certainly will go up and down.

The Reason why it will stay is that Humans Will Always Yearn for a Ultimate Meaning in Life...
    I have to agree with you there Lote. Majority of people have always been drawn to organised religions.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercy_mankind View Post
    That is my answer:
    Nope, religion is everlasting .

I agree with that , but it doesn't mean that religion has an end , because Allah ""created"" In every time people know the truth and worship Him,
    Earth without Religion will be Just like Hell.
    But individual Religions in general are not everlasting. As history dictates, older religions have died so new ones could grow. The religions of ancient greece, rome, Egypt, Scandinavia and the celtic countries for example basic died out at one stage. (although there are now some little alternatives of the old beliefs and religions being reborn for the loss of fate in the Christian ones.)
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    I, personally, haven't got a bloody clue about what the world will be like in 2200.
    Hell, I probably couldn't even predict what would happen, if, by strange coincidences, I would live to 80 years old, at the end of my life. And actually, I can't even predict what happens tomorrow and whether, by chance, my head would be cut off because Annuška dropped her sunflower oil or not

But since I would like to give and take a few thoughts:

First, I don't believe that a nation without God couldn't manage itself. Well, perhaps it could be Hell in the way that Satanists are quite okay people who just set their own moral values and believe in life before death and taking responsibility for themselves.
    Heh. Now there's a thought. A Satanist country. Now that would be interesting. Not necessarily bad, though.

Second, referring to Huntingtons revanche de dieu and Spenglers thoughts about civilizations as life forms, religion seems to make a comeback nowadays, plus it seems to be a essential part of civilization.

Third, thinking of science fiction and that things can evolve much more quickly than people think they will, meaning that the society can be radically different in a couple a hundred years and who knows how it will be like and whether there'll be religion (I personally hope for anarcho-syndicalism).

To sum up: I haven't got a bloody clue.

Consult your pineal gland and Hail Eris!

The exact hadith of that i dont have it in english (the one that i suppose u are taking about).
    When Addajal (anti christ) comes there will be alot of muslims, and Christ will come to lead muslims, christ will kill addajal in palastine and will remain 7 years and then he die peace be upon him, after his death people with time will loose their faith and believers will die, only faithless people will remain on earth.

The Word is Serendipitous Lote-Tree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    only faithless people will remain on earth.
    A bueno! Will shall have peace at last
    I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
    Some letter of that After-life to spell:
    And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
    And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell :"

Blog: Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree and Poetry and Tales

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mercy_mankind View Post
    That is my answer:
    Nope, religion is everlasting .

I agree with that , but it doesn't mean that religion has an end , because Allah ""created"" In every time people know the truth and worship Him,
    Earth without Religion will be Just like Hell.
    But did Allah decree that there should be two ways to worship him, Shi'a and Sunni, and that each group should attempt to send the other to hell?

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

Well, right now there is a movement to tell churches what they can preach. It's like they will say, "Listen up. Get used to the fact that there are gay and lesbian people. You may not preach that the Bible says this is wrong."

OK. I have gay and lesbian friends on here. We can be friends because love is unconditional. But if I preach from the Bible and come across those verses, I don't stop and say, wait: I can't do this. No, if it's there, I'll preach it. But I don't go back to my friends as a self-righteous person and begin to condemn. If they don't know my stand by now, they would be foolish, and I don't have foolish friends. But they know I don't judge them. If they came into my church service, they wouldn't hear a thing on homosexuality unless it was already in my notes. Then I wouldn't back up. But I wouldn't change the sermon because they came. That's where people are wrong.

But if things go on as they are going, preachers won't be able to say anything against any type of sin. So what will be the use of preaching? Might as well just comment on the weather and tell a few jokes.

Thus religion will die out for any good, although it may remain as a gathering spot for people.

Pen
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Prince would u say when u heard about Sunni and Shia for the first time?
    If it was recently, lets say 3 or 4 years ago, then no God didnt say to shia and sunni kill each other (and scuse me for this but the one who believe that would be "stupid", especially if he know when islam was founded) . If you heard since u were born then allow me to say "i dont believe u".
    I think u can read between the lines, i hope. If u cant then tell me.

Religion is a byproduct of human follies. It is always misleading despite the fact that there are so many claims about the supremacies about religion.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Alive In Our Hearts mercy_mankind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post

But individual Religions in general are not everlasting. As history dictates, older religions have died so new ones could grow. The religions of ancient greece, rome, Egypt, Scandinavia and the celtic countries for example basic died out at one stage. (although there are now some little alternatives of the old beliefs and religions being reborn for the loss of fate in the Christian ones.)
    Yes , I agree with you , as you mentioned that the religions of ancient ( Worship the kings ,stones ....etc) died out , because that religions are not the true one , so all religions as that ones will find their end . but the true only will continue for a limit time as Our Prophet said (peace be upon him)
    that after the death of Christ peace be upon him all faith people will die by a cold storm after that the world will be full of evil people , and satan will tell them to worship Al-asnam , stones again .... then all evil people will die and that was the beginning of the Day of Judgement.

Shield&Sword,
    The exact hadith of that i dont have it in english (the one that i suppose u are taking about).
    Thank you , i've found it in Sahih Muslim,

there will always be religion ,people will always look for a higher greater power ....
    and i said maybe oneday...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Oh there will be a world with no bothersome religions. It's called "Hell". A nation that forgets God shall be turned into hell...
    the new generation of the U.S has mostly forgotten god's existence. does that mean that in 50 years we will be in hell?

Quote Originally Posted by RoCKiTcZa View Post
    It has always been my dream to live in a society without religion. For me, religion creates boundaries between people and adds up to our daily burdens. The misunderstandings between different religions often cause disputes. Also, religions tend to prejudice one another and speak against other religions. With one unified religion, perhaps we could do a lot better--one unified religion with only two principles: Believe in God and Do Good (which means not causing hurt, pain, or grief to others and respecting them as you would respect your Creator and yourself.)
    That is my dream also (well that and being a cult leader who fights for that)

um, then it seems the day of reckoning is really close. this almost describes these times.

Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
    Religion is a byproduct of human follies. It is always misleading despite the fact that there are so many claims about the supremacies about religion.
    I agree with this statement. (But I though you were one of those deeply religious people, from your threads)
    Shall these bones live?

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Well, right now there is a movement to tell churches what they can preach. It's like they will say, "Listen up. Get used to the fact that there are gay and lesbian people. You may not preach that the Bible says this is wrong."

OK. I have gay and lesbian friends on here. We can be friends because love is unconditional. But if I preach from the Bible and come across those verses, I don't stop and say, wait: I can't do this. No, if it's there, I'll preach it.
    Should one assume that you would therefore also preach in favour of animal sacrifice?

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    But surley they were wiped out because of aggresive 'conquring' by newer organized religions? And unless we returned to a time of religious prosecution and book burning surley now any exsisting rel;igion would exit in reminance even if just as referances?

When Addajal (anti christ) comes there will be alot of muslims, and Christ will come to lead muslims, christ will kill addajal in palastine and will remain 7 years and then he die peace be upon him, after his death people with time will loose their faith and believers will die, only faithless people will remain on earth.
    Q: isnt it m'omins rather than muslims?

------

Ok I belive that belief and thus religion will always exsist in some form or other, perhaps noot officially sanction or recognised by society officially, that maybe society will become secular ( I always get them muddles is this the one that means no religion?) in that it wont be officially practised or a society labeld by its religion but I stioll tink that on some level their will always be peop who belive.
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast