Page 99 of 139 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2072

Thread: What is your favorite quote? And why?

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage. ~ Maya Angelou

It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength. ~ Maya Angelou

Who is there that knows me, that would not trust me—that does not? Ask anybody whether they have ever doubted me; whether I have ever wronged them of a farthing. ~ From Charles Dickens' The Old Curiosity Shop

It's my favorite quote because it reminds me of how much I trust my three best friends!

P.S: A late B-Day wish to my favorite novelist! Happy 200th Birthday!!! =)

I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed this, but first impressions are often entirely wrong. You can look at a painting for the first time, for example, and not like it at all, but after looking at it a little longer you may find it very pleasing. The first time you try Gorgonzola cheese you may find it too strong, but when you are older you may want to eat nothing but Gorgonzola cheese. ~ Lemony Snicket

P.S: Guys and gals: Don't sleep on children's literature!
    For the love of God, will someone PLEASE tell my friends how wonderful a book Peter Pan is?!

Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all. ~
    Abraham Lincoln

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. ~ Winston Churchill

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it. ~ John Lennon

Blog Entries
    There was a fight in the candy store. Two suckers got licked.
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Those who will believe or disbelieve what they can fully comprehend must have very little knowledge and a lot of wisdom to commit biological suicide. ~ C A Cafolini

Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you haven't committed. ~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Account closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cafolini View Post
    Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you haven't committed. ~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
    This is absolutely true!! Growing old should be rewarded, just for putting up with it!

People who consider themselves original are a dishonor to their teachers, be them parents or otherwise, or even nature. And others who agree with them are utterly naive or liars. ~ C A Cafolini
    Last edited by cafolini; 02-20-2012 at 10:31 PM.

lord save the god from macbeth

A person who says that a lie cannot live for too long is simply a person that does not know how to tell it. ~ C A Cafolini