Page 112 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2072

Thread: What is your favorite quote? And why?

Quote Originally Posted by aliengirl View Post
    Great choice! If a man would write like this in real life and mean it too, then it would be worth to leave the entire world for him. The only problem in real life is that something like this happens in the middle of life and before long you realize that it is not an Austen novel.
    Agree.

That Blake quote you carry is far away from Romantic. Love it.

Banned
    Give me a hero, and I will write you a tragedy - F.Scott Fitzgerald

As far as I go, this will be one of the funniest elections I've ever seen. So I'll give you a concert of what I'll do if that happens.
    First, I stand upon my head till my ears are turning red. I would then petition so that the formula be changed to Ryan-Romney, instead of the way it is. Then, it would be okay to send Bidden to Central America, but it would be equally valid to send Rumney to Peru to deal with the issues he can deal with. This is already extreme fantasy. But there is a lot more. I would expect William James to send us a warning letter, saying that it is alright to be pragmatic, but you wouldn't need an atomic bomb to kill a fly.
    Pritchard will come back galloping to anihilate the clanless societies discovered by Malinowsky. Someone would give Freudean Monkey a decoration for the name chosen for this forum.
    Definitely Karl Popper will manage to make a genuine point about anarchy regardless of Feyerabend.
    Could it happen? Could these freaks do it. And now we have to deal with Eastwood gone insane?
    Till my ears are turning red.

Once the fisherman goes beyond fishing and the cross becomes the meaninless symbol Togre explained, faith arrives fullforce through Jesus. Any belief is possible and can actually happen physically. This is why Romney could rescue USA from whatever he decides, whatever does or does not occur. This is what we are looking in the behaviour of these people. Whatever they wish will be true.

The process by which any belief will be true regarless has to be understood in terms of social pressure. Actually, when a brother says something is true through the power of Jesus, he couldn't possibly find any opossition because the brother is speaking through the infallible power of Jesus. The other brother approving finds absolutely no motive to dispute the call. If a brother or sister makes it through the power of Jesus, it must be true, supporting the brother or the sister before time is even taken to judge. Whatever they wish will be true because Jesus told a brother or sister.
    There is a final piece to this puzzle. Is Eastwood actually insane in what he's doing? Perhaps it is the logical thing to do for a desired effect? We could think about it.

Last edited by cafolini; 09-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Let us be like
    Two falling stars in the day sky.
    Let no one know of our sublime beauty
    As we hold hands with God and burn
    Into a sacred existence that defies,
    That surpasses
    Every description of ecstasy
    And love.
    ~ Hafiz Shirazi
    I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~ William Blake

Captivity is consciousness,
    So's liberty. ~ Emily Dickinson

When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the hours turns to music. Which of you would be a reed, dumb and silent, when all else sings together in unison?
    Khalil Gibran

Outstanding speech by actual Gov of M, supporting Barack Obama's position. Most important because he holds the same position Rumney held the prior term.

"Michelle makes me feel misty." Obama commenting over his wife's speech.

Not only Israel's right to exist is not in jeopardy, we democrats will also guarantee that Jerusalem is and will always be the capital.

invictus
    currently in Korea..my homecountry is Philippines
    "Do not criticize people. They are just what you would be under similar circumstances."

Quote Originally Posted by dodong View Post
    "Do not criticize people. They are just what you would be under similar circumstances."
    No, that's not the case. They should be careful about what they tell the media because we are listening. What if we go ahead and evaporate them when they start talking about closing the chanel, etc. This is not a joke.
    "I'll not take any option off the table." ~ Barack Obama
    Neither is it a critique.

You know? I don't get it. I am old and white, and I like president Obama. ~ James Taylor, while performing at DNC 2012.

just think that - when a country needs more income and we do, we're only taking in 15 percent of GDP, I mean, that - that - when a country needs more income, they should get it from the people that have it.

It is always the upper classes that must be taxed more. Otherwise, how is the people going to get the money?

Regarding cheaper things, my new suits are always it no matter how much I pay for them.

Warren Buffett
    Last edited by cafolini; 09-07-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Most important news of the day: Canada severs relationship with Iran. ~ CNN