Page 121 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2072

Thread: What is your favorite quote? And why?

closed
    People collect souvenirs or art which is or has been a part a someone else memories and moments of time gone by , but they do not value and cherish the life of their loved ones who exist and in their presence and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Pawn View Post
    People collect souvenirs or art which is or has been a part a someone else memories and moments of time gone by , but they do not value and cherish the life of their loved ones who exist and in their presence and they know it.
    Some people. Not in general. Percentagewise just a few.

closed
    Quote Originally Posted by cafolini View Post
    Some people. Not in general. Percentagewise just a few.
    If we consider the earth`s population to be around almost 7 billion , even that small percentage will have dire effect on the social system of a community.

A perfect man/women comes out of a perfect failure a learned man/woman. Also, a perfect man/woman could come out of a perfect failure not learning anything but hiding in the perfect idiocy of imperfection. Failures are perfect ways to learn to chose perfectly better. A perfect idiot is the man/woman who considers him/herself a complete, ultimate failure out of one perfect failure. ~ C A Cafolini

“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.”
    ― Jess C. Scott, The Intern
    “All" human beings "by nature desire to know.” ― Aristotle
    “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

It is impossible to understand why some people think of Napoleon as a great military genius. He was a consummated idiot. The nations he won over in Europe were poor ones, outnumbered in almost every way. Then, against the lessons of history, of which he apparently knew diddly, he invaded Russia. And to show his lack of military ability, in Waterloo, he confronts a master, Wellington, with the strategy of an idiot. Napoleon a great military genius? He used to tell Josephine to bathe in the stable with the horses' excrement to please him when they met in bed. ~ C A Cafolini

closed
    It is impossible to understand why some people think of Napoleon as a great military genius. He was a consummated idiot. The nations he won over in Europe were poor ones, outnumbered in almost every way. Then, against the lessons of history, of which he apparently knew diddly, he invaded Russia. And to show his lack of military ability, in Waterloo, he confronts a master, Wellington, with the strategy of an idiot. Napoleon a great military genius? He used to tell Josephine to bathe in the stable with the horses' excrement to please him when they met in bed. ~ C A Cafolini
    It is easy to judge past personalities on what they did, but it seems critical to base ones decision on WHY they did so.

WHY is neither here nor there. HOW, WHEN, WHAT and WHERE is what accounts. ~ C A Cafolini
    Last edited by cafolini; 03-15-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Too many to list. I love quotes!
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

It's a very long way before anything gets to be philosophical. It is so long that chances are men will know too much to get there. ~ C A Cafolini

The difference between philosophy and religion is that the former can only spring from a belief of knowing enough while the latter springs from acknowlegment of ignorance when it comes to the will of God. ~ C A Cafolini

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “All" human beings "by nature desire to know.” ― Aristotle
    “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

I'll be philosophical the day I manage, for example, to ingest an ounce of arsenic without dying. ~ C A Cafolini

Blog Entries
    I'll be philosophical the day I manage, for example, to ingest an ounce of arsenic without dying. ~ C A Cafolini
    Your favorite quotes are the ones you make up...? Well at least you don't lack self-confidence.

Anywho I have 3 personal favorites: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - JFK

"Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me again... shame on... shame on... If you're fooled once you can't get fooled again" - George W. Bush

"Eric Cartman, you are handsome and not even remotely fat." - Jimmy's mother in the episode 'Fishstick' from SouthPark
    My hide hides the heart inside

closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolescent09 View Post
    Anywho I have 3 personal favorites: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - JFK
    Patriotic quote isnt it? Well these words are not originally of JFK himself but he was quoting a quote from one of the works of Khalil Gibran, (Lebanese origin) which appeared more than 35 years before he used it in his inaugural speech. We cannot blame JFK for plagiarism because he never ever in his life ever mentioned that this quote was his own.

The original quote goes as:

“Are you a politician asking what your country can do for you or a zealous one asking what you can do for your country?” Khalil Gibran.