Page 107 of 139 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2072

Thread: What is your favorite quote? And why?

It seems that contemporary weapons would not be able to produce WWIII. They are so fast, devastating, so accurate, that they will never produce such tedious negotiations, such lengthy plans; not enough time. People that count in this matter will negotiate with supersonic speed. Too much power will save us from WW. ~ C A Cafolini

It seems that contemporary weapons would not be able to produce WWIII. They are so fast, devastating, so accurate, that they will never produce such tedious negotiations, such lengthy plans; not enough time. People that count in this matter will negotiate with supersonic speed. Too much power will save us from WW. ~ C A Cafolini

Since I became an adult, and it took a while, whenever I heard anyone say, "I wouldn't get involved in politics," I knew he or she was up to hers or his knees in it. ~ C A Cafolini

The lion and the calf shall lie down together but the calf won't get much sleep.~ Woody Allen

The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have ~ Woody Allen

How many things we held yesterday as articles of faith which today we tell as fables. ~ Michel de Montaigne

I have never seen a greater monster or miracle in the world than myself. ~ Michel de Montaigne

I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated sufficiently to reason incorrectly. ~ Michel de Montaigne

As I grow older, I can't help but feel I have the mind of a Marine with the power of an amoeaba. Earlier, as this transformation was taking place, I did not feel well. But I soon realized that it could be worse, much worse. I could have gained the mind of an amoeba with the power of a Marine. ~ C A Cafolini

I'm not a do-gooder. It embarrassed me to be classified as a humanitarian. I simply take part in activities that I believe in. ~ Gregory Peck

What did I do in high school? I grew from 5 feet 4 inches to 6 feet 2 inches. ~ Gregory Peck

Blog Entries
    A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

A poet can survive everything but a misprint. ~ Oscar Wilde

A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament. ~ Oscar Wilde
    Being taken literally, is like being sent to hell LITERALLY.

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

I don't think any good book is based on factual experience. Bad books are about things the writer already knew before he wrote them. ~ Carlos Fuentes

Perfect order is the forerunner of perfect horror. ~ Carlos Fuentes

I don't think a movie today that captured all the things that we did in the seventies could come close, because it's like asking to recreate the seventies and the audience sensibilities and that's impossible. ~ Paul M. Glaser

So being present becomes more and more the exercise the older you get. ~ Paul M. Glaser

So it eventually became a question of WHEN they were going to make a movie. ~ Paul M. Glaser

I don't think a movie today that captured all the things that we did in the seventies could come close, because it's like asking to recreate the seventies and the audience sensibilities and that's impossible. ~ Paul M. Glaser

So being present becomes more and more the exercise the older you get. ~ Paul M. Glaser

So it eventually became a question of WHEN they were going to make a movie. ~ Paul M. Glaser

I've seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it never came to pass. ~ Mark Twain

Because our homeland and very survival are once more at stake, the American people can't afford to treat this new war against terrorism like they did Vietnam. ~ David Hackworth

We could have gone to Vietnam, pave all the roads, install parking meters all over the place, and be back home in time for Christmas. ~ Ronald Reagan
    Last edited by cafolini; 05-21-2012 at 01:33 PM.

You look just like you. Your cunning cannot hide you from actual eyes, except the ones cunning, apostolic, like yours, which cannot hide you from your own. ~ C A Cafolini
    Last edited by cafolini; 05-23-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Time travelling can only be done through the reading of history. I include astronomy in history since nobody can deny that we are looking at light years in the past. I see no other way to time travelling. ~ C A Cafolini