Page 106 of 139 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2072

Thread: What is your favorite quote? And why?

As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree,' probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on. ~ Woody Allen

If it's the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number? ~ Robin Williams

One of the things about acting is it allows you to live other people's lives without having to pay the price. ~ Robert De Niro

Every human being has hundreds of separate people living under his skin. The talent of a writer is his ability to give them their separate names, identities, personalities and have them relate to other characters living with him. ~ Mel Brooks

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. ~ John Wayne

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. ~ John Wayne
    Last edited by cafolini; 04-25-2012 at 04:02 PM.

My feeling about him is that the America that we have today, the freedoms we enjoy and the privileges we have, are really the reflection of Abe Lincoln's convictions, his vision, and his toughness. ~ Gregory Peck

Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember? ~ Gregory Peck

I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. ~ Clint Eastwood

The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice. ~ Clint Eastwood

Banned
    “Mon coeur est à toi, mon sang à l'Empereur, ma vie à l'honneur” - Antoine Charles Louis de Lasalle

Roughly translated - (my heart belongs to you, my blood for the Emperor, my life to honor)

My dignity requires that I trust that people mean what they say. I'll defend with my life freedom of speech. I think that's a good limit before we must move on to judge what they do. ~ C A Cafolini

Banned
    Maybe it is best that we keep the quotes here, from established talented writers and not oneself - it helps filter out a lot of crap.

Many people want to carry the world on their shoulders; the little world they could gather and carry has no alternative but to lodge by force. They become very narrow-minded. ~ C A Cafolini
    Last edited by cafolini; 04-30-2012 at 05:36 PM.

No weapon has ever settled a moral problem. It can impose a solution but it cannot guarantee it to be a just one. ~ Ernest Hemingway

Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war. ~ Ernest Hemingway

Grandparents, under somewhat normal circumstances if such occur, should have a major advantage over the education of their grandchildren. They have been able to visit the pillow and the toilet for a much longer time. C A Cafolini

Ezra was right about half the time, and when he was wrong, he was so wrong you were never in any doubt about it. ~ Ernest Hemingway

I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen. ~ Ernest Hemingway

That is what we are supposed to do when we are at our best - make it all up - but make it up so truly that later it will happen that way. ~ Ernest Hemingway

“Solitude is indeed dangerous for a working intelligence. We need to have around us people who think and speak. When we are alone for a long time we people the void with phantoms”
    ~ Guy de Maupassant, Le Horla et autres contes fantastiques