Thread: useful website or books

Unhappy useful website or books

hello,

I want your help plzzzzz I am very worried

my teacher asked from me to do a research about "functional grammar" and under this title "cultural awareness" but I didn't find any website or books useful for my research to do it and I want from you to guide me to useful website or books

must to receive the research to the teacher after one week

plzzzzz don't ignore me

Blog Entries
    Well I did a Google search on Functional Grammar and the Wikipedia site came up (among many other things). Anyhow, my point is that Wikipedia mentions:
    For a large bibliography containing the vast majority of systemic functional writings, see...
    towards the bottom of the page.

My point is that perhaps one of the sources you are directed to may shed light on the research information you need.

Anyhow, that was the best that I could do here and now. If it were me, I'd go to a University library (if this is indeed possible in your situation), as this road surely was traveled before by some others! And in a University setting, someone could aid in the search for material. Good luck!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

thanks very much kiz_paws
    first English language don't my mother tongue but I study it and I don't very skillful in it so if I misunderstand you or I write anything error plzzz help me and plzz talk with me in simple English or in simple words

really Wikipedia site very very excellent but I didn't find in it anything about cultural awareness

Anyhow, that was the best that I could do here and now. If it were me, I'd go to a University library (if this is indeed possible in your situation), as this road surely was traveled before by some others! And in a University setting, someone could aid in the search for material. Good luck!
    good plzzzz help me

I want from you to ask in your a University library because my University library is very bad and doesn't useful
    Last edited by @ Red Rose @; 12-21-2007 at 01:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, I do not want to abandon you, Red Rose, however, I am not in a position to go to the University Library on your request (I am not a student anymore). I got a clearer definition of your quest:

Functional grammar is a theory that tries to account for the use of English as a vehicle for communication between people in social and cultural contexts.
    Your essay could elaborate on what the above says, or at least that is what I think needs to be done.

p.s. your english is totally fine, do not feel bad for it.

That is about all the help that I can offer you, perhaps another member here could give their advice?

Kizzo
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

however thanks very much Kizzo

Functional grammar is a theory that tries to account for the use of English as a vehicle for communication between people in social and cultural contexts
    your definition very useful for me I will elaborate on it

p.s. your english is totally fine, do not feel bad for it
    thanks

That is about all the help that I can offer you, perhaps another member here could give their advice?

Kizzo
    thanks on your help and I wait helping of other members
    Last edited by @ Red Rose @; 12-21-2007 at 01:49 AM.

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Ok moving in a idea tangent , so The Urban Dictionary is an example of functional grammar?

Ok these books and websites look useful:
    An Introduction To Functional Grammar : by M. A. K. Halliday (http://www.powells.com/biblio?show=T...es_and_reviews)
    An article of Functional grammar in EFL literary transaltion ( with referances to importance in cultural contexts) http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0...-literary.html

Ok here is the google search, most that first page looks like it may be helpful... even if only to spark a trail for your resarch.
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

thanks very much my dear Nightshade

all these very useful especially the book

thanks a lot

if anyone have another help plzzzz help me