Thread: I don't get it help me?!?

I don't get it help me?!?

Ok so in Peter Pan (2003) the movie with the real people how come after wendy kisses peter and peter wins the ship she tells peter oh the cleverness of you...WHAT?!? did he like plan for her to kiss him or something? and i don't get why after they dance peter gets all mad when she talks about love? AND did peter like have a plan through out the whole movie or something?!?! i am so confused! PLEASE HELP! <3 ParadiseHaven101

therein lies the major problems between the written word and the movie adaptations. The 2003 movie was a great feat considering that until then we only had Disney's Peter pan as a revference, unlessy ou read the book.
    The final kiss was just a hollywood concept, not from the book.
    The only kiss Peter actually took was the one hidden in Mrs'. Darlings left hand corner of her mouth.
    There is a discussion between Wendy and Peter in the book as to his role. He states Tiger Lily wants something more from him just as Wendy does, but he is not sure what it is. his avoidance of adolesence and manhood.
    THe hollywood ending changed everything because they even made Hook fly which I think is contradictary to th power of flying being resernvedo nly for children, thier innocence, the blind faith and their belief in happy things
    hope this helped
    “You know I always forget things. But it’s being remembered that matters.” PP FN AMJ

It kinda helps. but im young so it doesn't really make since. you have to put it into simpiler terms if ya know what i mean. sorry haha!

lifesadventure

Smile

heya, she tells peter, oh the cleverness of you because i dunno if you noticed, but he did fight captain hook and managed to steal the ship, there was just a tiny hitch that he ran out of happy thoughts which she fixed.
    Also, you asked why he gets angry at the subject of love. THe reason for this is that to fall in love was an adult thing to do.....Peter went to neverland to escape from adulthood, he does not want 'grown-up problems' to enter his world.
    He had no plan throughout the movie. Wendy was there only to be a mother and read them stories, this she did. He alwasy knew that there would be a final battle between himself and hook and again this happened.
    Something I think you need to remember, is that Peter Pan and the lost boys were based on real live children, children that James Barrie adored. The children did not allow adult things to bother them, they were children. Peter is the same. Adult things were pointless, he wished to remain a kid. Hence, 'all children grow up...except one'.
    Can I also recommend the film 'Hook'. Its really really good. Peter has grown up and has his own children.
    Enjoy! I hope ive helped.

wow thanks you have yes ive seen hook before i like it alot lol i still watch peter pan tho alot and im catching more and more things that makes sense but that helps!! thanks

i think i get it

when wendy sews on the shadow for peter he says " oh the cleverness of me" when it is really wendy who has done all of the hard work. So when peter does something clever (defeats hook) then wendy congratulates him with " oh the cleverness of you"

Peter gets angry because wendy is talking about love which is a very adult thing to do which is exactly what peter was trying to escape when he flew away to neverland

I hope it helps