Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum members show great promise

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level

Forum members show great promise

I've noticed, aside from being quite well read, that many forum members display a certain knack, often funny, often brilliant perspicacity (love that word, and any version thereof) and have a quick personal perspective and approach to their postings. I thought it might be interesting to post a few paragraphs of original works, something composed at one sitting, a little fictional prose to show your stuff, a little something just for us to share here on the forum. Nothing fancy, nothing you may want to copyright, but something you judge well written......to share. Yay/nay?

Perhaps I'm just running out of things to read...............(love that little button that makes dots.........)

Blog Entries
    with this little brain i have..no idea what the purpose of this thread

Cheers

"there are people in the world so hungry that God can not appear to them except in the form of bread"

Mahatma Gandhi

There is poetry (I had to edit - realised I spelled poetry potery ) and some prose by forum members in the Personal poetry section. But perhaps you mean something else?
    Last edited by Isagel; 08-19-2004 at 02:17 AM.
    "Man was made for joy and woe;
    And when this we rightly know
    Through the world we safely go" Blake

si, gracias for pointing out my aimless ramblings.....ees not first time I ramble on bout no thing........

Actually I'm curious to see a little fiction, short 2 paragraph (or more, whatever floats your boat) blurbs constructed by the brilliant minds loitering in this forum. NO point wasting all those English Lit/English Composition lectures. After all, we paid good money to hear those professors shpeak.........

I'd write fiction, but I'm awful at it.

Hey, baddad, were you inspired by verybaddmom?
    You're just another bastard.

Blog Entries
    inspired...? on what..?
    suppose each of us could post a line or two, but those lines must be connected to each other in order to make a story....

"there are people in the world so hungry that God can not appear to them except in the form of bread"

Mahatma Gandhi

If it's an ongoing story you want, there is a short one in this section started by Jessika called "Writing our own story?". I thought baddad might mean individual works, like things we've done in class before or something. But come to think of it, I don't think I have written any fiction since elementary school. I'm like you ajoe.

I like your avatar baddad!

I'll find my Comp. 110 portfolio and see if there's anything in there that would work.
    Arnold Bros. (est. 1905) has spoken!

Hmmmm. The idea here is not to contribute to an ongoing collaboration, but instead, I'm just curious to see the writing abilities of the many creative minds visiting this site. And truth be told, I had in mind something created just for this thread, as opposed to past works, something like a short, short story.Too much to ask you think???

AJOE: Yeah, truth be told, verybadmom has inspired me quite often. In fact, she turned me onto this website. And although we are now sepetated by 3000 kilometeres and 4 provinces (only a small strip of this gigantic country) we are friends who both once attended a University in British Columbia, Canada.

Re: my new avatar: an avatar, according to 'Websters New World Dictionary' is a manifestation on earth,of a god. I thought the little angel appropriate......

My real inspiration (aside from verybadmom) (wonder where she got the inspiration for her forum name?) is life. My goal is to write fiction for a living. I've written a novel, as yet unpublished, and have several more in various stages of development. But worry not, I'm not shopping for ideas with this thread, nor would I plagarize, not even an idea. I'm a big believer in Karma, good and evil energy, and the consequences of ignoring both........

Really, I'm just curious.......there seem to be so many quite brilliant minds attending to this forum...........it may be astonishing to see what some of the folks come up with......
    Last edited by baddad; 08-19-2004 at 06:35 PM.

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baddad
    AJOE: Yeah, truth be told, verybadmom has inspired me quite often. In fact, she turned me onto this website. And although we are now sepetated by 3000 kilometeres and 4 provinces (only a small strip of this gigantic country) we are friends who both once attended a University in British Columbia, Canada.....My real inspiration (aside from verybadmom) (wonder where she got the inspiration for her forum name?) is life.
    i inspired you?? im flattered and pleased man, especially considering the changes in my life prompted by you (mostly good, too. lol)

anyhow, ajoe,i snitched baddad's name long time ago, before i had any idea that we would be sharing a message board. it has sort of stuck since then and im verybaddmom everywhere i go.

as far as the gigantic country "sepetating" us.....my friend, what's up with that anyhow? when are you going my way again?

i will try and get some fiction worked up for you, dad. but dont hold your breath right now....
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

You should give us a sample of your writing to get us started baddad. Not the ones you're planning to publish, of course. Some people don't pay proper attention to building good karma like they should...
    Arnold Bros. (est. 1905) has spoken!

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    oooh good idea. a sample of the master's stuff
    i second the motion
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

.........ok.....

baddad & vbd: o, that's really cool.
    You're just another bastard.

Tears flow constantly, not always visible, more often on the inside where they stain only her heart. But she can't deny their existence. She feels their moist presence, the pea under the mattress.
    There seemed so much promise offered by life when she was a child, promises and a tantilization by mainstream media and friends, repeated fairy tales meant to sway, parent's drawn pictures of a society true and bold, anything possible. All that was required on her part was a willingness to participate, a real commitment to conform.
    Of course that was the nub of it, the root of her problem. She found herself born to a world without honour, a world without a soul, a duplicious, greedy maw of life demanding conformity, demands for a bowing, scraping, self-induced pathology of one's 'self'.
    So what do you do if you can't bend without breaking, what if you cannot even conceive of compromising your prinicples and morals, and what if, god forbid, you don't give a damn about money, or belongings, or material net worth? Where do you fit in?
    She cannot bend, cannot compromise, cannot comprehend how to even approach such a state, and instead wonders if it is all just an illusion, this easy conformity those around her perform.
    "Surely people cannot be so easily molded", she thinks. And because of her 'flaw', her inability to be 'one with the masses', her inability to subjugate her soul to the latest moral breach now morphed into a fad, life has been difficult. Because of this flaw she assumes the rest of her life will also be constantly teared. And she is frustrated.
    Standing on a sandy shore in the middle of a moonlit night, soft waves of the warm Atlantic rushing onto the beach, she has strayed into deeper water and her body is now awash up to her hips. The light summer dress she wears clings to her body below her waist, a cream coloured print, so light compared to her mood.
    The need to get away for a few days has compelled her to come to this deserted spot, has chased her away from the city for the weekend. Here the stars wash across the sky in trails of truth and light and constance. Footprints last only moments then the trail washes away and this never changes. There exists here only the realities nature provides, life, death, change, acceptance.
    It is acceptance occupying her mind this evening. There are no facades here, no boundries molding humanistic truths, nothing stopping her from being herself. Here she can be weak, or strong, or butch or bloody angry with a mind to vengeance, all without someone suggesting she may be unstable, or too stressed and 'How about one of my valiums"?

Alrighty then. Here is the idea of this thread The above little ditty was composed and posted in one simple sitting using the 'post reply button. None of it existed prior to the twenty minutes it took to write it and post it here. It was composed strictly for fun and fiction of it. Simple, nes se pas'?
    Last edited by baddad; 08-21-2004 at 08:22 PM.

Wow, this is poetry. Very deep and 'realistic' to me... Beautiful way to put it all into words Thanks baddad for writing a story about ME, you shouldn't have...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast