Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122
Results 1,816 to 1,829 of 1829

Thread: Litnet Crushes

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    An embarrassing admission: I always liked reading the stuff that would show up in this thread.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Blog Entries
    Here is where much began like a life ago.

:) Stephweet :) stephofthenight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wow- no thats not a tear in my eye...its just runny mascara

I had almost forgotten this thread :-( Max you are right, this thread started a lot... miss you lots more.

Blog Entries
    I have this huge crush on myself, does that count? Some times I sing songs to myself while I wash the dishes, and dance with myself when I clean the house. I mean, that's pretty much all that relationships are right? Cleaning and dancing.
    "We are animals with problems that no other animal has." - Radam J. Starkiller

Banned
    My brother and I grew up having these cleaning and dancing parties! I recognize that. You reminded me that I need to start dancing more when I clean now!

Hey, wolf... I thought I saw a predator. Maybe I was wrong. You surprised me and I freaked out a little bit. Anyway, it occurred to me that someone's behavior could come across as bizarre when they can't really say what they feel. It's too bad that society makes things so difficult for many people. But it's okay for you to have a crush too.

Blog Entries
    You know...when you have a crush online, it's easy to know it's just a crush. But when you begin to have feelings for someone that you see everyday, when does it cross over from being a crush to love...(and what is love anyway)?
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Blog Entries
    The above comments made me ponder about wolves and their predation habits. I understand, as far as my humble knowledge involves, that wolves only prey on the meals they are going to set on their table. I never heard of a wolf preying on their seemingly fine women, so if I had to be a predator, I suppose that being a wolf would be among the most decent choices. On the other hand, a man predator seems to be luckier than a wolf predator. They treat their seemingly fine women as garbage, and even so, they get laid whenever they want, whereas a wolf seems to need to undergo a few tests before being actually regarded as a good catch. Yet we still call ourselves a superior species. Isn't nature curious? I think it is.

A piece of advice to those who have crushes, and especially something way beyond a crush: TRY TO REMAIN AS SILENT AS POSSIBLE. If you talk about it in the open range, the vultures will take you for a piece of tasty dead meat.

And If I don't remember wrongly, I used to talk in plenty about these subjects on this and other threads, which had a few consequences I wasn't expecting. Maybe I should have never posted them. I should have been as smart as my counterpart was in matters of discretion. I wasn't. Dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    You know...when you have a crush online, it's easy to know it's just a crush.
    Not always that easy, not even when it seems to be. All things and persons shapeshift. It's the highest skill.

Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    (...) what is love anyway?
    Depends. For some it's a teasing game, for others it's a chance to get serious, for others it's a mixture of both, and for others it means nothing. You choose your seat.
    Last edited by Maximilianus; 04-28-2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: grammatical correction

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephofthenight View Post
    I had almost forgotten this thread
    I hadn't.

Banned
    Bienvenu, I like your biography. You must have your own definition of love.

What is love? I used to think that love was unconditional, which meant you stayed with a person regardless. My definition has changed though. Love is something that makes you feel better - on all levels. If it makes you feel worse about yourself or weakens you, it is not love.

Max, I don't understand, but your message makes me feel uneasy.

For the record, I haven't had a crush. Only admiration.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonny View Post
    My brother and I grew up having these cleaning and dancing parties! I recognize that. You reminded me that I need to start dancing more when I clean now!

Hey, wolf... I thought I saw a predator. Maybe I was wrong. You surprised me and I freaked out a little bit. Anyway, it occurred to me that someone's behavior could come across as bizarre when they can't really say what they feel. It's too bad that society makes things so difficult for many people. But it's okay for you to have a crush too.
    I think it's more bizarre if someone does say what they feel. Considering you have to pretty much B.S. you're way through survival. Lets face it, if you have rent to pay or a kid to take care off, and your boss tells you off, most people are gonna keep their traps shut. That's the general attitude this world thrives on.

Also, I'm about as predatory as a mouse. I can't even touch meat, let alone eat it. I don't believe in any use of force, in your everyday situation, and I aint that creepy.

But I can be a bit of a creeper, given a Four Loko and some mickeys, plus Facebook, but I just love the feel of the chase, the 'prize' does nothing for me.
    Last edited by Revolte; 04-28-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Banned
    Revolte, Thanks for letting me know more about you.

I agree completely about having to b.s. through survival.

I don't eat meat either.

The forum is a very weird experience, this illusory world. It's very difficult to anticipate what's coming next. But I'm getting a crash course in forum usage now.

"given a Four Loko and some mickeys" ...I have no idea what that means.

When I said, "I thought I saw a predator," I didn't mean to judge you, necessarily. It's just that I have a habit of always asking, "What is that?" Especially if I'm surprised by something. I guess it stems from a past trauma of mine. And you did seem a little different to me. I mean, in fact, you are different from anyone I know... (that's not to be taken in a bad way.)

The other thing is that I realize that things I say come out very differently to strangers, in type. If I said this to people I know, they would not hear an intensity that strangers hear. So this is a very odd and interesting experience.

Blog Entries
    Revolte, Thanks for letting me know more about you.

I agree completely about having to b.s. through survival.

I don't eat meat either.

The forum is a very weird experience, this illusory world. It's very difficult to anticipate what's coming next. But I'm getting a crash course in forum usage now.

"given a Four Loko and some mickeys" ...I have no idea what that means.

When I said, "I thought I saw a predator," I didn't mean to judge you, necessarily. It's just that I have a habit of always asking, "What is that?" Especially if I'm surprised by something. I guess it stems from a past trauma of mine. And you did seem a little different to me. I mean, in fact, you are different from anyone I know... (that's not to be taken in a bad way.)

The other thing is that I realize that things I say come out very differently to strangers, in type. If I said this to people I know, they would not hear an intensity that strangers hear. So this is a very odd and interesting experience.
    Ah mickeys and four lokos are malt drinks, sometimes when I'm bored and have no desire to be productive I have a couple drinks and go online attempting to flirt with people who I know won't stand me. I'm bad like that I guess.

I like the way you think.

Blog Entries
    Max, I don't understand, but your message makes me feel uneasy
    I often have that effect.

What is love? I used to think that love was unconditional, which meant you stayed with a person regardless. My definition has changed though. Love is something that makes you feel better - on all levels. If it makes you feel worse about yourself or weakens you, it is not love.
    Same I said, but in different terms, and hence agreed.

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Bump: Sylvia Plath (ok, she could be moody at times, but that New England thing she had was hot)