Thread: Sylvia Browne

Sylvia Browne

Has anyone read any of her books? I just finished one, and found it very interesting. I am just curious to hear what people think of her beliefs in the afterlife and religion (what does she even consider herself?) in general. And exactly what commonly known religions believe in reincarnation? I am assuming that it is pretty general that Christians don't, but would love to here some information if I am wrong. I have always had a problem accepting the idea of reincarnation, but have had experiences (dealing with other people) that leave me wondering, and searching for answers. I found it interesting how Sylvia Browne explained in her belief system that we choose when to come to earth, how many times, to progress our own souls. I found with that belief system, it would make sense for some who believe they have had past lifes (or believe in it in general), and why some can't fathom it. Any thoughts? Just to be cear, and prevent anyone raging at me...I am not saying I believe one way or another in the things I read, just curious to hear some other opinions on the matter.

Inexplicably Undiscovered
    next door to the lady in the vinegar bottle
    Blog Entries
    I believe in recycling, but reincarnation is carrying recycling
    a little too far!

A Guy
    I personally do not find reincarnation to be possible. I don't really understand how it would work, given that the human population continually grows- you'd think we'd be out of souls by now.
    Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.--Romans 1:7

Please check this out:
    http://vocm.org

I just always thought that if reincarnation was true, that it would demean, in a way, all the things that I find are so important (such as family, children...knowing that you would be with your family again). If reincarnation were true, which family would you be holding so dear in the end? If would get to be with them...which family? (Or which spouce). To me, that would kind of make all of that not so important in the big picture I guess. But I know someone (a child) who is quite young, and recalls a specific situation, with details..that is odd for her to know so of what she says. She has had no exposure to that type of stuff to know it. Lately I've just been finding the issue of reincarnation a bit interesting. I still have a hard time believing in it though for myself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    I just always thought that if reincarnation was true, that it would demean, in a way, all the things that I find are so important (such as family, children...knowing that you would be with your family again). If reincarnation were true, which family would you be holding so dear in the end? If would get to be with them...which family? (Or which spouce). To me, that would kind of make all of that not so important in the big picture I guess. But I know someone (a child) who is quite young, and recalls a specific situation, with details..that is odd for her to know so of what she says. She has had no exposure to that type of stuff to know it. Lately I've just been finding the issue of reincarnation a bit interesting. I still have a hard time believing in it though for myself.
    Though I have not read any of her books, her name caught my eye, becasue I do know who she is, and so I thought I would pop in when I saw the discussion on reincarnation, and as a Pagan whom beleives in reincarnation, I thought I would give my two cents for what it is worth.

In reguards to your comment about family, many people hold the beleif that souls have a way of finding each other again. So some people beleive that they have one soul mate, that through the ages they conitiue to reunite with. Even if they may look difference, and the mind might not remeber them, the souls are bounded and drawn back to each other, and seek each other out time and time again.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Hi Kari,

Sounds interesting. I've never heard of her, but I'm just finishing my current read and need something else. What's the name of the book you just read?

Actually Browne says that we do have a soul mate, but is more like an identical twin, just opposite genders, created by God at the same time...like pairs I guess. And VERY rare that you would be on earth at the same time as your soulmate...but you write your "life charts" to plan your journey, and write in kindred spirits whom you know from past lives or The Other Side..those are the people you make relationships with...kindred spirits. Not your soulmate.
    Wintermute...the book is titled Insight...a bit more to the title, can't think of the rest. Something like Insight into the psychic world or something like that. She has a ton of books out though...I'm sure they would all be interesting to read.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    Actually Browne says that we do have a soul mate, but is more like an identical twin, just opposite genders, created by God at the same time...like pairs I guess. And VERY rare that you would be on earth at the same time as your soulmate...but you write your "life charts" to plan your journey, and write in kindred spirits whom you know from past lives or The Other Side..those are the people you make relationships with...kindred spirits. Not your soulmate.
    I have heard simillar theries before, though I cannot remeber exzactly where, and it seems her view of kindred spirits is inspired by the Celtic concept of Anam Cara, which litteraly translates to mean Soul Frined.

Though the concept of the soul mate is up to inperitation. Many people have many different beleifs on the subject and some question wheather such even truly exists or not. I do not think anyone can say for absolute that there is or is not soul mates, or just what a soul mate truly is or not.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Uh - you do know that Sylvia has been exposed time after time as a fraud?

Details.
    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon