Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Have They Gone To?

foruming aorund today i was reminded of crisaor, who always comes back after months... and bianca fransen! where's she gone?
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    koa, i sometimes wonder if it hasnt changed too much for us oldies to come back in and start posting and i wonder if that isnt what's happened to some of the lost ones. i peek in quite often and i see games that i started still going, but i dont recognize any of the players. it feels very strange, to be honest.
    i'll try and stop in and say something more often, but i dont want to ... well.... interrupt is the best word. does that make sense?
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

No.
    Play a newbie and join in the craze as a new player, be that games or general chat or literary discussions. If you vote for good books you might want to read some in the Book Club ... that is, are you easilly swayed to someone else's whims?
    I have a plan: attack!

Blog Entries
    HAHAHAHAHAHA the 8000th prfecy is coming true
    In the ancient tohm:

so now the old members flocketh back to reign in the glory of 8000!

btw: a warm welcome back for verybadmom!

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Quote Originally Posted by verybaddmom
    koa, i sometimes wonder if it hasnt changed too much for us oldies to come back in and start posting and i wonder if that isnt what's happened to some of the lost ones. i peek in quite often and i see games that i started still going, but i dont recognize any of the players. it feels very strange, to be honest.
    i'll try and stop in and say something more often, but i dont want to ... well.... interrupt is the best word. does that make sense?
    Well it happened to me as well at some point... it was hard to catch up cos I didnt really recognise the forums anymore, many new people, many new things... I dont remember if this was when I was back from Hungary (most likely) or on another occasion... but then after a while I felt like I belonged here again... Maybe you'd feel like a newbie again, but then you'll get hold of the situation again... I find it much harder to join forums where there are lots of old members who know each other really well and even in person and I always feel like a minor member, whose words are less important than someone else's cos I'm not "into" the community as they are... Here at least there are usually no differences between oldbies and newbies, which is cool and probably the reason why many newbies post like 400 messages a day...

and where's amuse? havent seen much of her lately.

fated loafer
    It certainly is becoming harder and harder to post. It is as though I can find little to say in reponse. And there seem to be so many other things to do physically around me, that I think what happens to the lost ones is they are sucked into that realm of participation in the world around them. Perhaps they become wonderfully functioning human beings-- not to say that manic posters are not...persay.

Well simon, that's it...they get involved in real life... I'm not sure we are perfectly functioning real humans, speaking for myself at least... the lost ones get out of here and find a place in real life and we both miss them and kinda envy them but at the same time pity them a bit for losing us...but we wonder what they'd found out there that keeps them there...
    (hope my use of 'we' doesnt offend anyone, that's what I feel but I try to imagine I'm not the only one...)

Been thinking about psycojones, he just... disappeared. All the lost and misplaced ones better be doing ok.

yay baddad is back again....and vbm is here! and im not sure i spotted crisaor or it was an old post...

Blog Entries
    Crisaor is certainly here.
    If you believe even a half of this post, you are severely mistaken.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeps,, Cris is here once in a while ...baddad was stealing a little time and peeped up ..

Mom, Simon, and KOA..I too shared the same feelings when I was gone some months ago..
    But I think eventhough we have new people here, most of the are so nice and they make you feel welcome again...

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    ...many come. few ever really 'leave'. Years from now, when this site has burgeoned into its deserved fate, the lost shall still periodically visit if only to stir fond memory. This is not a bad thing. There are many incredibly talented people here, and many who fear life's direction, worry their future until it is, or seems, raw, and yet they carry on, they share fresh insight, share their stutters and staggers and winning strokes and so this site acts as a place of birth, a beginning point for bright futures.......and no one really truly leaves.........................

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ....sounds complicated

no one truly leaves...you're all still here?
    I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Obviously, and so are you. Hey ho, it's been a while