Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: life little complexities

  1. #1
    confidentially pleased cacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,834

    Red face life little complexities

    keeping the toilet seat down at all times grrrrrrr...why not invent one that does it for you. a reclinable one I reckon would solve it

    so what is your life little issues/faux pas that gets you going?
    Last edited by cacian; 07-30-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

  2. #2
    TobeFrank Paulclem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coventry, West Midlands
    Posts
    6,363
    Blog Entries
    36
    I read an interesting article in the Guardian the other day where German men were encouraged to become a Sitzpinkler rather than a Stehpinkler - a sitter rather than a stander.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...wn?INTCMP=SRCH

    From my male perspective, I think all seats should be up at all times to avoid those of us who refuse to comply, or who don't care or who are oblivious of the results of a poor aim. (Having managed a large building, I've seen the results a lot). So in the male toilets - seats up! In the female - whatever you want. Unless of course we males adopt the new German model, which would solve the problem and perhaps move us to unisex toilets, (controversial I know).

  3. #3
    Registered User neilgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    2,571
    Blog Entries
    1
    Our toilet lid and seat refuse to be separated, you either have to lift both or put both down at the same time because of the angle of the water tank, pity you didn't buy our house cacian as it would obviously be ideal for you.
    What are regrets? Just lessons we haven't learned yet - Beth Orton

  4. #4
    Ecurb Ecurb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    2,420
    The toilet seat issue is clear: nobody wants to have to move the toilet seat either down (for sitting) or up (for standing). Therefore the only efficient answer is to leave the toilet seat in the position you placed it when you used it. Assuming the same number of men and women in the household, this minimizes the number of times someone must move the toilet seat either up or down.

  5. #5
    TobeFrank Paulclem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coventry, West Midlands
    Posts
    6,363
    Blog Entries
    36
    Sounds reasonable and rational to me Ecurb, but I suspect that it will not be an acceptable solution.

  6. #6
    BadWoolf JuniperWoolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    4,433
    Blog Entries
    28
    I have always been 100% impartial to this issue, but I've noticed that it's brought up a lot.
    __________________
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi


  7. #7
    confidentially pleased cacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulclem View Post
    I read an interesting article in the Guardian the other day where German men were encouraged to become a Sitzpinkler rather than a Stehpinkler - a sitter rather than a stander.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...wn?INTCMP=SRCH

    From my male perspective, I think all seats should be up at all times to avoid those of us who refuse to comply, or who don't care or who are oblivious of the results of a poor aim. (Having managed a large building, I've seen the results a lot). So in the male toilets - seats up! In the female - whatever you want. Unless of course we males adopt the new German model, which would solve the problem and perhaps move us to unisex toilets, (controversial I know).
    that is indeed wrong how doe one even begin? physically it cannot possible even comfortable it is against nature I say and I am not a man haha
    I would not try and push it because it looks wrong. why not just get used to put the seat down to close it for hygiene purposes that is all there is to it
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

  8. #8
    confidentially pleased cacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,834
    Quote Originally Posted by neilgee View Post
    Our toilet lid and seat refuse to be separated, you either have to lift both or put both down at the same time because of the angle of the water tank, pity you didn't buy our house cacian as it would obviously be ideal for you.
    haha that would have been ideal
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

  9. #9
    TobeFrank Paulclem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coventry, West Midlands
    Posts
    6,363
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    that is indeed wrong how doe one even begin? physically it cannot possible even comfortable it is against nature I say and I am not a man haha
    I would not try and push it because it looks wrong. why not just get used to put the seat down to close it for hygiene purposes that is all there is to it
    I wouldn't say it was against nature and not impossible.

    why not just get used to put the seat down to close it for hygiene purposes that is all there is to it

    Which has been said millions of times, but, like Ecurb's plan, it will fail because of a minority of intransigents.

  10. #10
    Ecurb Ecurb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    2,420
    There is the whiff of chivalry behind the "seat down" notion. After all, that means that women never need soil their dainty hands by moving the seat either up or down. Men, however, must first move it up (unless they want to risk peeing on the seat, and causing the far more reasonable ire of the next woman to sit on the seat). Then he must move it down. He must handle it twice. On the other hand, look at my plan. Half of the time, the person using the bathroom will not need to touch the seat at all. The other half, he or she will have to touch it only once. The actual handling of the seat is thus cut in half.

    The flip side of the coin of chivalry is sexism.

  11. #11
    TobeFrank Paulclem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coventry, West Midlands
    Posts
    6,363
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecurb View Post
    There is the whiff of chivalry behind the "seat down" notion. After all, that means that women never need soil their dainty hands by moving the seat either up or down. Men, however, must first move it up (unless they want to risk peeing on the seat, and causing the far more reasonable ire of the next woman to sit on the seat). Then he must move it down. He must handle it twice. On the other hand, look at my plan. Half of the time, the person using the bathroom will not need to touch the seat at all. The other half, he or she will have to touch it only once. The actual handling of the seat is thus cut in half.

    The flip side of the coin of chivalry is sexism.
    Rational, logical, sensible, chivalrous and sociable - I agree. Whereas the Germans may well be able to get their men to comply, perhaps, and become Sitzpinklers, can we say that our respective male populations will comply with your excellent plan? Unfortunately, I've seen too much Stehpinkling all over the seat to be much encouraged.

  12. #12
    Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Posts
    4,908
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    I have always been 100% impartial to this issue, but I've noticed that it's brought up a lot.
    Agreed. Then again, there were always more men than women in my house, so it wasn't an argument worth having.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

  13. #13
    Registered User Delta40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fremantle Western Australia
    Posts
    9,901
    Blog Entries
    62
    What annoys me is when somebody keeps putting the cover down. I mean everyone has to lift that one up. I've made the mistake in the middle of the night of sitting on the loo only to find that I'm on a closed lid - awful potential for an accident if you're busting...
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

  14. #14
    somewhere else Helga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    on the ice in the middle of the sea
    Posts
    2,741
    Blog Entries
    351
    I am very strict on this issue, close, flush and wash. My son does this and I remind his friends too when they come over. I hate it when men (and women) don't wash their hands, handling the toilet and their dinglaling, wash!
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

    If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

    Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

  15. #15
    Bibliophile JBI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,360
    In china toilets don't have seats, and when they do women tend to piss all over them somehow. (I've been in a 1 stall washroom after women have just come out many times) and it confirms my believe that women are just as filthy. At least we don't make a massive pile of used vaginal pads beside the toilet. If I can get over that then I guess women can get over putting down a seat. At least men don't piss on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aphorism #192 Peaceful Life, a long Life.
    By Admin in forum Balthasar Gracian's The Art of Worldly Wisdom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 04:10 AM
  2. I saw the realms of God a personal experience of life beyond life
    By Alan McDougall in forum Religious Texts
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 12:01 PM
  3. Aphorism #192 Peaceful Life, a long Life.
    By Admin in forum Balthasar Gracian's The Art of Worldly Wisdom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 03:10 AM
  4. Aphorism #192 Peaceful Life, a long Life.
    By Admin in forum Balthasar Gracian's The Art of Worldly Wisdom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 03:20 AM
  5. Aphorism #192 Peaceful Life, a long Life.
    By Admin in forum Balthasar Gracian's The Art of Worldly Wisdom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •