Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: life little complexities

Red face life little complexities

keeping the toilet seat down at all times grrrrrrr...why not invent one that does it for you. a reclinable one I reckon would solve it

so what is your life little issues/faux pas that gets you going?
    Last edited by cacian; 07-30-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    I read an interesting article in the Guardian the other day where German men were encouraged to become a Sitzpinkler rather than a Stehpinkler - a sitter rather than a stander.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...wn?INTCMP=SRCH

From my male perspective, I think all seats should be up at all times to avoid those of us who refuse to comply, or who don't care or who are oblivious of the results of a poor aim. (Having managed a large building, I've seen the results a lot). So in the male toilets - seats up! In the female - whatever you want. Unless of course we males adopt the new German model, which would solve the problem and perhaps move us to unisex toilets, (controversial I know).

Blog Entries
    Our toilet lid and seat refuse to be separated, you either have to lift both or put both down at the same time because of the angle of the water tank, pity you didn't buy our house cacian as it would obviously be ideal for you.
    What are regrets? Just lessons we haven't learned yet - Beth Orton

The toilet seat issue is clear: nobody wants to have to move the toilet seat either down (for sitting) or up (for standing). Therefore the only efficient answer is to leave the toilet seat in the position you placed it when you used it. Assuming the same number of men and women in the household, this minimizes the number of times someone must move the toilet seat either up or down.

Blog Entries
    Sounds reasonable and rational to me Ecurb, but I suspect that it will not be an acceptable solution.

Blog Entries
    I have always been 100% impartial to this issue, but I've noticed that it's brought up a lot.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Quote Originally Posted by Paulclem View Post
    I read an interesting article in the Guardian the other day where German men were encouraged to become a Sitzpinkler rather than a Stehpinkler - a sitter rather than a stander.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...wn?INTCMP=SRCH

From my male perspective, I think all seats should be up at all times to avoid those of us who refuse to comply, or who don't care or who are oblivious of the results of a poor aim. (Having managed a large building, I've seen the results a lot). So in the male toilets - seats up! In the female - whatever you want. Unless of course we males adopt the new German model, which would solve the problem and perhaps move us to unisex toilets, (controversial I know).
    that is indeed wrong how doe one even begin? physically it cannot possible even comfortable it is against nature I say and I am not a man haha
    I would not try and push it because it looks wrong. why not just get used to put the seat down to close it for hygiene purposes that is all there is to it
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by neilgee View Post
    Our toilet lid and seat refuse to be separated, you either have to lift both or put both down at the same time because of the angle of the water tank, pity you didn't buy our house cacian as it would obviously be ideal for you.
    haha that would have been ideal
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    that is indeed wrong how doe one even begin? physically it cannot possible even comfortable it is against nature I say and I am not a man haha
    I would not try and push it because it looks wrong. why not just get used to put the seat down to close it for hygiene purposes that is all there is to it
    I wouldn't say it was against nature and not impossible.

why not just get used to put the seat down to close it for hygiene purposes that is all there is to it

Which has been said millions of times, but, like Ecurb's plan, it will fail because of a minority of intransigents.

There is the whiff of chivalry behind the "seat down" notion. After all, that means that women never need soil their dainty hands by moving the seat either up or down. Men, however, must first move it up (unless they want to risk peeing on the seat, and causing the far more reasonable ire of the next woman to sit on the seat). Then he must move it down. He must handle it twice. On the other hand, look at my plan. Half of the time, the person using the bathroom will not need to touch the seat at all. The other half, he or she will have to touch it only once. The actual handling of the seat is thus cut in half.

The flip side of the coin of chivalry is sexism.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecurb View Post
    There is the whiff of chivalry behind the "seat down" notion. After all, that means that women never need soil their dainty hands by moving the seat either up or down. Men, however, must first move it up (unless they want to risk peeing on the seat, and causing the far more reasonable ire of the next woman to sit on the seat). Then he must move it down. He must handle it twice. On the other hand, look at my plan. Half of the time, the person using the bathroom will not need to touch the seat at all. The other half, he or she will have to touch it only once. The actual handling of the seat is thus cut in half.

The flip side of the coin of chivalry is sexism.
    Rational, logical, sensible, chivalrous and sociable - I agree. Whereas the Germans may well be able to get their men to comply, perhaps, and become Sitzpinklers, can we say that our respective male populations will comply with your excellent plan? Unfortunately, I've seen too much Stehpinkling all over the seat to be much encouraged.

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    I have always been 100% impartial to this issue, but I've noticed that it's brought up a lot.
    Agreed. Then again, there were always more men than women in my house, so it wasn't an argument worth having.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

Blog Entries
    What annoys me is when somebody keeps putting the cover down. I mean everyone has to lift that one up. I've made the mistake in the middle of the night of sitting on the loo only to find that I'm on a closed lid - awful potential for an accident if you're busting...
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Blog Entries
    I am very strict on this issue, close, flush and wash. My son does this and I remind his friends too when they come over. I hate it when men (and women) don't wash their hands, handling the toilet and their dinglaling, wash!
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

In china toilets don't have seats, and when they do women tend to piss all over them somehow. (I've been in a 1 stall washroom after women have just come out many times) and it confirms my believe that women are just as filthy. At least we don't make a massive pile of used vaginal pads beside the toilet. If I can get over that then I guess women can get over putting down a seat. At least men don't piss on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast