Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry around the world! Cont- Uallachán!

HaHa, It's perfect. I was only slightly kidding when I mentioned I was the first last time, Trolly and I had a great time. (Poor Trolly !!! Lost in the World somewhere) If anything needs to be changed around I'm fine wherever you put me.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    Well so heres my pic of Larry the Leprechaun beside one of my countries national drinks. (we have many)

I think is a bit too excited if you ask me! (or as the old Irish saying goes "He's as happy as Larry!" )
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

in angulo cum libro Petrarch's Love's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Glad to hear that Larry's almost set to start his global pub crawl. Looks pretty happy with his Guinness. I'll look forward to seeing the little guy's adventures in NYC with Virg. By the way, Niamh, how long do you think his transatlantic journey will be? I'm trying to gauge whether I'll be in Chicago or California by the time he's finished his New York tour since I seem to be second on the list. If the timing's right he may to get to go to both the Sears Tower and Disneyland.
    Last edited by Petrarch's Love; 11-01-2007 at 10:29 PM.

"In rime sparse il suono/ di quei sospiri ond' io nudriva 'l core/ in sul mio primo giovenile errore"~ Francesco Petrarca
    "Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."~ Jane Austen

Blog Entries
    He should be off to NY on monday. I'm registaring the package so i can make sure it gets there. Should be with Virgil a few days later i recon. When do you plan to head to Calif? The reason why i put you second was for that two spot reason. Also if you were in chicago, you were close enough to virg, in Calif, many of the others are from southern countries. I was trying to keep him in somekind of organised line.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"

in angulo cum libro Petrarch's Love's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I don't leave for CA until December 10th, so if it only takes him a couple days to make his international sojourn he should have plenty of time to have a good visit in New York and get to the windy city while I'm still here and then make the trip to California. Wasn't sure if he was catching a flight or hitching a ride on a slow boat that might take a few weeks. If it were the latter there might not have been enough time. Hope he has all his immigration papers in order, otherwise Virg. might have to take him on a tour through Ellis Island just to get him in the country.

many of the others are from southern countries
    I think you mean states. Though I suppose there are some southerners who will still claim they won the Civil War.

"In rime sparse il suono/ di quei sospiri ond' io nudriva 'l core/ in sul mio primo giovenile errore"~ Francesco Petrarca
    "Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."~ Jane Austen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrarch's Love View Post
    Oh, I don't leave for CA until December 10th, so if it only takes him a couple days to make his international sojourn he should have plenty of time to have a good visit in New York and get to the windy city while I'm still here and then make the trip to California. Wasn't sure if he was catching a flight or hitching a ride on a slow boat that might take a few weeks. If it were the latter there might not have been enough time. Hope he has all his immigration papers in order, otherwise Virg. might have to take him on a tour through Ellis Island just to get him in the country.
    Like many other Irish before him!
    Well i hope it will only take a few days seeing as its going to be registered. So maybe this time next week? but then again i dont know what the postal system is like in the USA.
    I think you mean states. Though I suppose there are some southerners who will still claim they won the Civil War.
    Yes i ment states, But i always like to look at them as if they were all their own little countries because they can be so different.
    W.B.Yeats

Blog Entries
    We lost the war???? Oh my!
    "All we are saying is give PEACE a chance." Beatles[/SIZE]
    Granny5's Blog
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...p?userid=35805

Cool but I live in the UK now which is not very exotic, I'd rather do it from Italy... although I own a bottle of Italian beer at the moment, which by the look of it won't be consumed in a while since I don't like beer much and save it for special occasions lol...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Blog Entries
    You joining in Koa? You can be after Chava so on from denmark to the UK and then back across the Irish sea to Dublin. And there are plenty of places in the UK. Theres a lot of history and culture.
    W.B.Yeats

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    I've added you to the list Chava. Hes looking forward to the home of the Vikings as he comes from Dublin, a city founded by the vikings! (norse ones though!)

List now is as follows
    (maybe in this order)
    Virgil
    Petrarchs love
    Granny 5
    Shalot
    Weisenheimer
    Papayahed
    Weeping Willow- Israel
    Madhuri- India
    Sleepy Witch- Germany
    Chava- Denmark
    Hey just noticed the list. I'm first!! How do you like that, the first to get the Leprechaun is an Italian-American living in New York. So what am I supposed to do? Take pictures of the Larry with New York in the background? That soounds like fun.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Is it too late for em to join the list?
    "O reason, reason, abstract phantom of the waking state, I had already expelled you from my dreams, now I have reached a point where those dreams are about to become fused with apparent realities: now there is only room here for myself. "
    -Louis Aragon

Blog Entries
    no its not too late. Where are you based and i'll slot you in.
    W.B.Yeats

Blog Entries
    You can put me on the list too, Niamh...I might take trolly offshore for a cruise of the gulf of mexico, and maybe a hurricane from New Orleans too.

I'm in Lafayette, Louisiana, I don't mind sending the Leprechaun anywhere he wants to go...I promise not to lose him either.

I was around while others were trying to post trolly around, and was sad when we discovered he was lost.
    "I am glad to learn my friend that you had not yet submitted yourself to any of the mouldy laws of Literature."
    -John Muir

"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light"
    -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blog Entries
    List now is as follows

Virgil
    Petrarchs love
    Adorero dio(if she's still interseted)
    Granny 5
    Shalot
    Weisenheimer
    B-Mental
    Papayahed
    Weeping Willow- Israel
    Madhuri- India
    Sleepy Witch- Germany
    Chava- Denmark
    Koa- UK (if still interested)
    W.B.Yeats

Blog Entries
    Indeed I am still interested, I am from Ventura, California (southern California). And I'd take Larry to as many interesting places as possible
    "O reason, reason, abstract phantom of the waking state, I had already expelled you from my dreams, now I have reached a point where those dreams are about to become fused with apparent realities: now there is only room here for myself. "
    -Louis Aragon

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast