Page 969 of 982 FirstFirst ... 469869919959964965966967968969970971972973974979 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,535 of 14717

Thread: Would You??

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No. This type of thing has a history of going wrong. That said, I was part of such a test back in grade school. The US Government used students in Southwest Virgina and Uppereast Tennessee to test various things under the guise of "vaccines" They eventually released a formal apology long after the fact when it was disclosed through declassified documents under the Freedom of Information. I remember an injection and a weird little circle studded with fine needles they pressed into your wrist. That I know of, there were no serious reactions--that I know of!

Would you sell your blood for cash?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

I find it sad that even in this hypothetical scenario, no one wants to buy my sperm. Yes, if only out of spite 'cause of the sperm thing. And for the cash.

Would you marry a stunning, nineteen-year-old Ukrainian goddess who you met through Slotsky's International Dating Service, knowing she'd transform into full-blown Eastern European she-devil a few years down the line, leaving you bankrupt and in debt to the mob, if, during the first few years, she'd be your fantasy made flesh and let you do that thing to her involving balloon animals?
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

Pretty obvious no from me. I guess you could say yes, arguing that you can just break up with her when things go south. But if I'd know beforehand, I wouldn't commit anything to it.

Would you live in complete isolation for a year if it could advance science (but you're not sure how much of an impact it will make, if much at all).

(Again, kind of a true story. I read the title of an article which said that apparently a few people did this. Maybe I should look it up again.)
    Without any form of punctuation, our language would not say "I'm perfect"; it would say "imperfect".

"Access to works of art cannot be defined solely in terms of physical accessibility, since works of art exist only for those who have the means of understanding them."

Blog Entries
    I almost do that now. People can be so nasty to people who have bipolar disorder complicated by clinical depression... Would my isolation help Science? Perhaps as a study on how mental illness affects one's life

Would you travel overseas to meet a friend you met here on litnet in person?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

If I like, somehow got into a long-distance relationship then yes. As a bit of a stretch, if I would travel to the US or Canada or something for a holiday anyways and people that I liked lived not too far away, I would want to see them. But then I would not be going oversees specifically for the purpose of seeing someone from here, so that probably does not count.

Would you take a long journey (being a few hours, say from 2 onwards) to visit someone during the night if they were feeling really down and they needed you?
    Without any form of punctuation, our language would not say "I'm perfect"; it would say "imperfect".

"Access to works of art cannot be defined solely in terms of physical accessibility, since works of art exist only for those who have the means of understanding them."

Blog Entries
    It would depend on who the person was, if they where a really good friend or a loved one then I probably would.

If you were to go to comic con who/what would you dress up as?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

:) Stephweet :) stephofthenight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Poison ivy perhaps...
    If you could have a super sense but the cost was to completely loose another sense would you do it and what would be your choices?

"Be careful of quotes you find on the internet, they may not always be true" -Abraham Lincon-

I don't think id do it...even though we live in a fallen imperfect world, we're created and have the senses we do from a sense of wholeness and I think even if I had super-hearing, id hate for instance, to not be able to have a sense of smell.

would you?

Would I what? Think you left out the essential bit there, bounty, old chum. Unless you were going to say would I wear a codpiece to a bar mitzvah, in which case I'm appalled at the suggestion. I would never go to a bar mitzvah.

Would you participate in a pagan ritual that did not feature human sacrifice?

Blog Entries
    Well they are not half as fun without the human sacrifice but nonetheless I love a good ol' dancing naked around the fire in the forest.

If you received a mysterious invitation to an exclusive new underground club of which you knew nothing about would you go?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Blog Entries
    Nay, as reclusive as I am, it would have to be a plot against me

If you found yourself in love with someone your family disapproved of would you chose to follow your heart, if your family then disowned you?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Yes.

Would you speak to a h.s. or college graduation? (what might you say)

Blog Entries
    Yes. A good long talk about how bad all this "I am offended by _________________!" is affecting life here in America.

Would you talk to High School students on the dangers of bullying?
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Yes, but not to recite the approved litany of banal, infantile drek that the feckless half-wits who run our schools spew at the kids nowadays; but rather to tell them that bullying, alas, is a part of life, and that they will have to deal with it till their dying day, and as such need to develop coping strategies and a pair of big, hairy balls pronto--at which point someone in the audience would jump up and shout "I'm offended!"

Would you use cloning technology to resurrect some of the really big-chested glamour girls of the 1950s?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Cheddar View Post
    Would I what? Think you left out the essential bit there, bounty, old chum.
    the intention was to pass along the question I replied to...

"I dont think id do it....would you?"
    Last edited by bounty; 09-26-2015 at 06:46 PM.