Thread: The luxury of writing

The luxury of writing

Writing is in point of fact a passive but effective way of expressing feelings. When we speak face to face there is dual interaction but in writing things are totally different. Rather dull kind. But writing is as much vital and vibrant as speaking, in fact more enduring.

I can not think about living without writing and now indeed it has been a big obsession a day does not go unspent without writing. It engrossingly engages me in in things but this addiction is kind is really preferable to others for this drowns you in a world of creativity.
    what do you feel about writing?

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Inexplicably Undiscovered
    next door to the lady in the vinegar bottle
    Blog Entries
    Others in one's circle might consider writing to be a "luxury;" in their view writing may be an unproductive
    substitute for doing an honest day's work. For yours truly,
    it is not a luxury, it is a necessity, an obsession, perhaps,
    but vital for my own personal survival.

Some mesto, or another. Bog knows you wouldn't be able to viddy me from your okno.
    Writing is a luxury for those who are literate.

Oral was seen as true communication, but Darrida exposed the fallacy of that with differance. Without context how would we know if flour or flower is meant when spoken.

A relation between memory and the way a culture passes down their stories: orally or verbally.

I like writing for its exploration. It is a fine way to flesh out ideas. This is why we write our speeches before giving them. A verbal Socratic method might work in fleshing things out, but there are a still more benifits to writing.

"Do you mind if I reel in this fish?" - Dale Harris

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn." - Ernest Hemingway

Blog

Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
    what do you feel about writing?
    i've been writing for as long as i can remember. i write anything just for the sake of writing. in fact i have some of my notebooks of when i was in the 5th grade they are hidden in my closet....
    and i said maybe oneday...

Quote Originally Posted by stella View Post
    i've been writing for as long as i can remember. i write anything just for the sake of writing. in fact i have some of my notebooks of when i was in the 5th grade they are hidden in my closet....
    This is the highest to do for me for what I really feel is writing must be done sheer for the sake of writing only and nothing else. I really delight in writing and it has totally to do with writing else and nothingness. For the joy of writing is so great and boundless that I get totally lost in the world of writing.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

"But writing is as much vital and vibrant as speaking, in fact more enduring."

Saying that writing is a passive form of communication is contradictory to what you say soon after in the same paragraph, quoted above. Writing is far more aggresive than speaking, in my modest opinion. Can you imagine saying the perfect, most stinging comment to a person in the midst of an argument without writing it first? That's like going into a football game or a boxing match with out a game plan. In fact writing, with its strategising and accuracy, thought out intentions and endurance, is a much more effective aggression than other fors of expression can ever hope to be.

Quote Originally Posted by adampearson View Post
    "But writing is as much vital and vibrant as speaking, in fact more enduring."

Saying that writing is a passive form of communication is contradictory to what you say soon after in the same paragraph, quoted above. Writing is far more aggresive than speaking, in my modest opinion. Can you imagine saying the perfect, most stinging comment to a person in the midst of an argument without writing it first? That's like going into a football game or a boxing match with out a game plan. In fact writing, with its strategising and accuracy, thought out intentions and endurance, is a much more effective aggression than other fors of expression can ever hope to be.
    Adampeafrson, I agree with your modest opinion fully that writing is something very aggressive. But at times when someone is not socially very much participative or when one is a loner writing comes to his aide. Of course from that perspective writing is at times a kind of affair we undertake when we are rather dull.

I transcend the common notions of space. When I'm sleeping.
    what do ypu feel about writing
    Writing is surpassed only by intelligent conversation.
    From my MySpace profile(which I rarley use):
    Writing is one of the most comprehensive things you can do. You an create cultures, sub-cultures, languages, philosophies, and even people's lives, then have them interact with each other. You can build entire histories of civilizations, along with scientific theories(or even laws if you like math), government systems, wars, branches of science, types of wavelengths, bodily senses, social structures, and whatever else. Writing is like creating your own world. Everyone should write recreationally.

Registered User Captain_Kuchiki's Avatar
    Writing is definitely a creative outlet for me, I come up with lots of events and characters all the time (I get inspired easily) so I always have two or three stories to make. It's a hobby and pastime for me. And potential job, too, I plan to be an editor or columnist or something in the coming years.

but is there any validity to the process of writing? does anyone really benefit from it? you say luxery? i say indulgence, in a way you can write something quite 'profound' abou the state of something or the meaning of life but ultimatly does it make the difference?
    ''It isn't enough for your heart to break because everybody's heart is broken now.''
    - Allen Ginsberg

"The whole dream of democracy is to raise the proletarian to the level of stupidity attained by the bourgeois."
    - Gustave Flaubert

I've been writing quite a while now. It's an obligation to me by the conditions I'm surrounded by. I didnt choose it. Cause there was no other option. Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I curse my destiny. Yet I keep writing. Not with the hope to be read someday. I dont think I offer any kind of comfort to a probable-reader though. But I feel stronger as I proceed in the desolate climate of my inner self.

English writing was initially my obligation because it's a part of what i must do in order to gain my IELTS score. You know, it's not easy to write academically in your native language, and much more difficult in a second language like English.
    But the more English materials i read, the more interesting i feel. Because i realized that English obviously is the key for you to discover many things that beyond your current knowledge. And my writing is improved naturally.

Blog Entries
    Writing is another kind of living in this world. Living beyond the ordinary life, in the world of imagination and words. I love writing, but not well at it. I used to write more but not less than before. I think putting the words on the pages make them alive and real, because of that there was a time I become afraid of giving life to these words. Can you imagine, whatever I wrote, it became alive and happened. Because of this, I quit writing for awhile. It is not a professional kind but I try to improve my writing especially in English, though there are lots of attempts needed in my first language, too.
    Art is a lie that leads to the truth.
    --Picasso

Oh my God, I share the same sentiments with you, guys! Nice thread! I feel so emotional right now...

I would say I am a luxury and writing is my centenary.
    I can only inspire others if I am truly inspired.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly