Thread: The Purple Monk

The Purple Monk

Now, this is a short story I wrote in approximately 10 minutes. This is why I wrote this story..

I was on an online game, when suddenly I felt like spurting out random comments on the chat. Now, a friend who was playing at the same time mentioned how I was wierd; that's when it hit me. I realised that this would make a perculiar short story (and it is very short indeed). So, I after I wrote it, I decided to find a forum to post it on, and this was the first one which cropped up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Purple Monk

Yesterday I tripped over something soft and banged my head on something not-so-soft. When I regained consiousness, I found that my cat hadn't eaten her food. I called her. "Joey!!" Yes, it is a male name, because I cut her private parts off accidently while shaving my face.

I found her!! She seems to be very wet.
    I'm still wandering where the cuts on my wrists are.

I'm poking my eyes lately, but they just feel wet. There is a strange emotion inside of me. Maybe that's why I tried to slit my wrists.
    I called the vets to come round and take care of my dead cat. I am very sad and have no idea what happened to her.
    Maybe one day I shall see again, and be able to find out what happened to my cat.

Tonight I heard sirens, soon I heard many men shouting, as men suddenly entered my home and attempted to kidnap me. I tried to stab a few with a fork, but they had stun guns. I think a lower setting is plentyful thank you.

I regained conciousness, and heard people saying nice things to me. The kidnappers are mocking me! I spat at them and said I wouldn't co operate, yet they continued to mock me. Eventually I roared at them, and tugged at the elephant tape around me, streching it as far as I could, but to no prevail.

I think they drugged me, since I lost conciousness again. It looks like I am at their mercy...
    For hours I am left alone, in silence. I hear others who have been kidnapped around me, some are screaming. They must have some sort of torture policy. Regretfully I have a feeling that I will be next.

I think it is night time. All this time some people have been tortured. Still I am left alone.

Today they mock me again, or are they? I cannot make sense of what they are saying. Are they trying to be nice so that I shall co operate? What do I have which is worth so much to them.
    Ow! I seem to have been thrown onto the floor! My head stings now. I attempt to stand but I am soon pulled back onto the table. Perhaps these are revolutionists?

I lied to you my friend. I do have something of value. I have special abilities which no other human can fathom. I am telling you this because I cannot keep a secret from you, not even this deep.

It has been months now, I am not harmed. I have not been returned to my home however. They have said that I shall go to a safe place. Underneath my feet is grass. I hear many people calling my name. Their voices seem unclear, as if they were never taught how to talk. I hear scraping, as if they were orphans which were locked away, never learning how to move, like other humans. Suddenly I realise. I have been sent to help these people! I greet them. My sore throat seems to have gone now, so I can speak properly.

Food has been provided to me by divine beings who seem to have authority. They try to help these poor souls, yet which each word I hear form them, I realise that they misunderstand everything. It is as if these beings are providing a cell for our souls to reside in. They beckon me to talk to the others, to share my experiences, and my wisdom. I teach them all I can.

It has been three years since I entered this strange, quiet land. I have aided hundreds with their lives, each individual one thanks me. Many have left now...
    I tend to think of myself as a monk. My favourite colour is purple, and people often call me The Purple Man. So, you may call me The Purple Monk. How are you, my friend?
    Last edited by Chojiro; 10-09-2007 at 12:22 PM.

Spiral out, keep going Metanoia's Avatar

Question

Wow...and I thought I was wierd.
    The human race's prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenceless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenceless against ourselves.
    Arnold J. Toynbee

You are not alone. Some of my friends have said the same thing after reading it =)