Thread: Shallowness?

Shallowness?

"The supreme vice is shallowness" - Wilde wrote this in De Profundis. Somehow I think PoDG's theme is in this quote. Lord Henry was a shallow person who cares about nothing but external beauty and almost-sadistic pleasure. He corrupted Dorian and turns him into a shallow person obsessed with something as irrelevant as appearance. In the end it destroyed Dorian. So I think it's to show how shallowness is the most evil of all vices. It stops us from looking deep within and see our soul.
    Anyone agrees?
    Beauty isn't supposed to be understood.

Well, I've been sleeping for too long. Ignore it if it doesn't sound too smart. ^^;
    Beauty isn't supposed to be understood.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if shallowness is the MOST evil of all vices, but it is surely one of the worse. You are corrent, IMHO, that it stops us from looking deep inside ourselves and stops us from enjoying other things in life other than physical beauty and pleasure.
    "All we are saying is give PEACE a chance." Beatles[/SIZE]
    Granny5's Blog
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...p?userid=35805

its good to know there are some shallowless people.....I don't think 'shallowless' is such a word, but who cares....you'all know what I mean, right? Yes, I totally agree....real beauty is within.....and look what happened to Dorian's beauty anyway.....his evil moral-less & value-less soul/spirit began to depict itself on his painting, rather than on his face.....

what goes around, comes around......is the moral of the story I guess......what you give out, and how you are with others, just comes right back in your face......two-fold.