Thread: Atticus Finch: A Hero

Atticus Finch: A Hero

This is just my introduction to a hero paper I am writing for Senior English. It would be helpful if anyone could point out flaws or provide any type of constructive criticism before I move on. Thanks in advance!

Atticus Finch, a lawyer in the Deep South during the Depression showcased to the world what was truly meant by the term "hero" in the 1962 film To Kill a Mockingbird. Finch's benevolence and philanthropy are revealed as he arduously defends Tom Robinson, an innocent black man accused of raping a white woman. Characterized by brutal honesty, pacifism, and exceptional morality, Finch serves as an archetype for one of the most commonly used Hero Models in literature. During the course of To Kill a Mockingbird, Finch adheres to the stages of Joseph Campbell's Hero Model. Although chastised by the white community in which he lived, Finch fought restlessly for Robinson, putting himself on the line for equality and justice within his society. By agreeing to defend Robinson, acting honorably in the courthouse, and remaining in Maycomb after Robinson's verdict, Finch distinguishes himself as an individual who surpasses the standard realm of men and shadows heroic qualities described in Joseph Campbell's Hero Model.

Post Please, Can Anyone Help Me?

Tkam & Af
    Last edited by litpoet; 10-10-2007 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Clarification in questions asked