Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233
Results 481 to 488 of 488

Thread: write a really bad poem

  1. #481
    Closed
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    6,375

    The fall of bum

    A month gone I tripped on a stair;
    I hovered a time in the air
    Then tumbled with gravity
    Down nature's great cavity
    And landed balls o'er derrière.

    My shoulder removed from its socket
    (Such happens when fate opts to knock it);
    Though spared a concussion,
    My head played percussion,
    The rhyme for which is--oh well, phock it!

    I sit here, my arm in a sling,
    Exuding my Pompey Bum bling;
    My head bears tattoos
    (Though it's really a bruise):
    Of arms and my noggin I sing!

    Here ends my precipitous rhyme;
    All battery's succored by time.
    Though it still hurts to move,
    I shall soon find my groove:
    I have fallen but hardly declined.

  2. #482
    Registered User fudgetusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    200
    Who needs the sea
    when you have the wind
    Who needs to swim
    when you haven't even sinned
    I don't have to leave my chair
    to have the wasteland in my hair

  3. #483
    Maybe YesNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    9,420
    Blog Entries
    2
    The Sea

    There once was sweet land by the sea
    And a wind that blew stuff needlessly
    But the people had sinned
    Like a bug who was pinned
    Or a wasteland without any tree.

  4. #484
    TheFairyDogMother kiz_paws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Prairies, Canada
    Posts
    9,653
    Blog Entries
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Bum View Post
    A month gone I tripped on a stair;
    I hovered a time in the air
    Then tumbled with gravity
    Down nature's great cavity
    And landed balls o'er derrière.

    My shoulder removed from its socket
    (Such happens when fate opts to knock it);
    Though spared a concussion,
    My head played percussion,
    The rhyme for which is--oh well, phock it!

    I sit here, my arm in a sling,
    Exuding my Pompey Bum bling;
    My head bears tattoos
    (Though it's really a bruise):
    Of arms and my noggin I sing!

    Here ends my precipitous rhyme;
    All battery's succored by time.
    Though it still hurts to move,
    I shall soon find my groove:
    I have fallen but hardly declined.
    You poor dear.

    This was NOT a bad poem ... but that's not the point. Get well. Ya hear?
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

  5. #485
    TheFairyDogMother kiz_paws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Prairies, Canada
    Posts
    9,653
    Blog Entries
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    The Sea

    There once was sweet land by the sea
    And a wind that blew stuff needlessly
    But the people had sinned
    Like a bug who was pinned
    Or a wasteland without any tree.
    A ha! A limerick!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

  6. #486
    TheFairyDogMother kiz_paws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Prairies, Canada
    Posts
    9,653
    Blog Entries
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
    Who needs the sea
    when you have the wind
    Who needs to swim
    when you haven't even sinned
    I don't have to leave my chair
    to have the wasteland in my hair
    I liked that last line, fudge.
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

  7. #487
    Maybe YesNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    9,420
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thank you, kiz paws!

  8. #488
    Registered User tailor STATELY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gold Country
    Posts
    12,870
    meet me in the cloud

    welcome to the tag cloud !
    astrologers and spooky variety
    funny funny poems and george orwell

    welcome! babankswami2 and vbccxxxxds
    with your love problem solutions
    stay awhile for holidays halloween

    1984, 1984, where's the humour...
    xmas? christmas! where's the horror ?
    nursery rhymes and elizabeth gaskell !!!

    8/27/2019


    Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 08-28-2019 at 12:33 AM. Reason: needs more cow bell...
    tailor

    who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

    7-8-2015

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233

Similar Threads

  1. We Need A Revolution In Literature!
    By WolfLarsen in forum General Writing
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 06:56 PM
  2. write or share a poem
    By Asa Adams in forum Poetry Games & Contests
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 06:30 PM
  3. Which Factor Is Most Important In learning To Write Poem?
    By worldwalker in forum Personal Poetry
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 10:48 AM
  4. silly ruff draft.. trying to write a love poem now
    By Phoenix_Tears in forum Personal Poetry
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •