Thread: Choosing Religion or spirituality?

Choosing Religion or spirituality?

Given a choice, it is spirituality one should kind of attach himself to, not religion, for religion is divisive. You want to assert your religion and your identity. When people gather together and start talking they will side with their religions thinking that theirs is superior to the rest others. At times a heated discussion takes place and even violence is likely to erupt. Fanaticism, extremism, fundamentalism enfold them. Hitler and modern fundamentalists' staging is the repercussion of all this.

In fact, more or less all subscribe to the same role of God as a creator. All have similar attributes' of God as a savior, and yet there are striking differences when it comes to customers, methods of worships, and all these at times lead to clash and fight. For example in India both Hindus and Muslims choose Ayodhya as a sacred place for erecting their own dome, temple or mosque. There erupts a brutal fight for space.

Why this fight? This religious issue is all meaningless.

And if one believes in spirituality such frictions do not take place. All will respect the domain of one another and they will cord them by a common thread and there will be no divisive proclivity.

Spirituality is close to humanity.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

The Domain of Believers

At times I become skeptical of the existence of God, an d sometimes I feel there is something that integrate all of us and sets law an order. I feel everything happens according to some law that binds on all of us.

But again my skepticism erupts like Mother Teresa. Of late we came to know the secret with which she lived. She was skeptical of the question of divinity and if there were divine being why there is that big rift between the poor and the rich.

Why the same earth is colonized or monopolized by some people and deserting others, and why some people waste foods and others die of starvation.

Why this division? So the domain of believers is shaky. I think it goes with the rest of others too, and no one can firmly and perpetually believe in the existwence of God all the time. All of us go through tinges of doubts, the revelation of Mother Teresa' recent innermost secrets sanctions this fact.

People do not confess this, and even Mother Teresa, the saint before whom thousands and thousands confessed their inner secrets, their sins, cried and poured out every thing untold to any one.

But she too had a secret of her and only she shared with her intimates secretly and shied away from sharing with the rest of others. Why?

This is about a domain of believers.

Turning to the domain of non believers. Even materialists who dwell on ideas that God does not exist, everything is matter, and there is no other forces beynd matter can not live with the same feeling. For at times he may wonder at what he sees in this world. He can not find answers to every question that springs up.

Just one question: what is love? Why we feel so generous and have a sense of charity? Why does the wind blow? Why seasons cyclically? Why we forget that we will have to die some day and behave as if we are immortal?
    Why this universe goes on expanding? Who taught animals to love their babies?

Scientists or philosophers may try to answer these questions. Do their answers satisfy us?

I do not know why such questions crop up within me. I am more skeptical than a believer, yet such questions flood my mind with.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.