Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DR. WHo fans UNITE!!!

Blog Entries
    this looks like a good time to start season 1 on my netflix! OH! and a jiffy pop will go nicely!

I bet I'm the only one here who saw the very first Doctor Who episode with William Hartnell as The Doctor, travelling with his grand-daughter Susan (now there's a story-line that has been quietly forgotten!) way back in 196-whatever it was. I was an impressionable young thing at the time but thought it was not a bad start and despite the wobbly sets and the frequent use of municipal rubbish dumps to represent alien worlds, it could go far.... No, I haven't seen all the rest of the episodes but at some time or another I've seen all the Doctors - can't decide which I liked best, though I think Sylvester McCoy was my least favourite.

As for a female Doctor - well, he has a daughter now, somewhere out there. Dead? Of course she isn't, only until the next series, anyway.

And - I've got a ticket to see David Tennant as Hamlet at Stratford, this year's Gold Dust ticket - looking forward to that!

Blog Entries
    Strangely, that rings a bell, the Doctor with a granddaughter. I remember seeing something a long time ago, when I was very young, with those two ingredients, along with an alien planet and a note written in chalk on the door which the Doctor missed. That's all I remember of it, I didn't see it all. I know one thing, I certainly didn't exist when it first aired so it must've been repeated for some reason. I've always wondered if that really had been Doctor Who, I guess it was .
    No doubt but there is none other beeste comparable to the mightie dragon in awsome power and majestie, and few so worthie of the diligent studies of wise men - Gildas Magnus, Ars Draconis, 1465

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kasie View Post
    I bet I'm the only one here who saw the very first Doctor Who episode with William Hartnell as The Doctor, travelling with his grand-daughter Susan (now there's a story-line that has been quietly forgotten!) way back in 196-whatever it was. I was an impressionable young thing at the time but thought it was not a bad start and despite the wobbly sets and the frequent use of municipal rubbish dumps to represent alien worlds, it could go far.... No, I haven't seen all the rest of the episodes but at some time or another I've seen all the Doctors - can't decide which I liked best, though I think Sylvester McCoy was my least favourite.

As for a female Doctor - well, he has a daughter now, somewhere out there. Dead? Of course she isn't, only until the next series, anyway.

And - I've got a ticket to see David Tennant as Hamlet at Stratford, this year's Gold Dust ticket - looking forward to that!
    I saw it ♥

Ya lucky! I wish I could see David Tennant act for real, not just on the telly!

(Jenny? But she doesn't have a tardis......yet )
    Shall these bones live?

Wearing a vegetable!! BulletproofDork's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebiird View Post
    Hey all, lost interest in the dear Doctor? With season four over there are some things I should say. First off.
    SERIES FOUR WAS GREAT , then again, the next season always is .
    Also, Donna made a great companion, which leads me onto a question that's been bugging me for ages.
    Who is everyone's favourite companion?
    I'm now torn between Martha and Donna, one thing I know is that Rose is my least favourite. She was fine at the start, when I had no one to compare her to but afterwards Martha was just so much better than Rose.
    DONNA WAS THE BEST COMPANION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY DID TO HER! THEY MUST PAY!
    Ethel Mertz: Gee, this high altitude sure gives me an appetite.
    Fred Mertz: What's your excuse at sea level?

Fred Mertz: Now what are we supposed to do? Thumb a ride on a passing halibut?
    Ricky Ricardo: I can't afford it.
    Lucy Ricardo: Those must have been the first English words you learned.

Blog Entries
    Rose. Without a doubt (from the new eps).
    Shall these bones live?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
    Rose. Without a doubt (from the new eps).
    Not to be rude, but .... WHY?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletproofDork View Post
    Not to be rude, but .... WHY?
    she just....made me cry. Any television character that's real enough to make me cry is something. And she was just so awesome and you know, normal. Martha was way too clingy and (not to offend anyone) kinda dumb. Donna is just kinda boring, she doesn't particularly shine on the screen or anything, she's just,,,boring.
    Shall these bones live?

Quote Originally Posted by kasie View Post
    So jealous!

Favourite companion...Donna of course! She was just brilliant!
    Didn't particularly like what they did with her character at the end of series 4.

I've missed quite a few with Rose in them. No scratch that, I've missed practically all of them!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
    she just....made me cry. Any television character that's real enough to make me cry is something. And she was just so awesome and you know, normal. Martha was way too clingy and (not to offend anyone) kinda dumb. Donna is just kinda boring, she doesn't particularly shine on the screen or anything, she's just,,,boring.
    What! How can you call Martha dumb? She was way smarter that Rose. Rose was just there for looks. And I wouldn't call Martha clingy. She fell for the Doctor but she left, she didn't have the idea that they'd travel together forever, I'd say that makes her a lot more mature than Rose too.
    And how was Donna boring, she was by far the funniest companion, it was nice to have a companion who didn't fall head over heels for the doctor, because that would start to get boring.
    In light of these two Rose was by far the weakest character.
    No doubt but there is none other beeste comparable to the mightie dragon in awsome power and majestie, and few so worthie of the diligent studies of wise men - Gildas Magnus, Ars Draconis, 1465

Internal nebulae TheFifthElement's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vheissu View Post
    Favourite companion...Donna of course! She was just brilliant!
    Yak! Donna (Catherine Tate) was the reason I stopped watching Dr. Who. Even the draw of David Tennant wasn't enough to keep me watching once she was in the series.

Catherine Tate
    Want to know what I think about books? Check out https://biisbooks.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFifthElement View Post
    Yak! Donna (Catherine Tate) was the reason I stopped watching Dr. Who. Even the draw of David Tennant wasn't enough to keep me watching once she was in the series.

Catherine Tate
    Donna was a great companion and this series was by far the best. You can't seriously tell us you missed it deliberately.

Blog Entries

Catherine Tate
    I don't know anything about Catherine Tate herself, but the way she played Donna was so much fun! Brilliant, even.

What is so bad about Catherine Tate anyway?

laudator temporis acti andave_ya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yeah yeah, I'm with my sister. What's so bad about Tate anyway? I keep vacillating between her and Rose as my favorite companion.

Incidentally, who liked Midnight? I thought it was really cool; I love episodes where the doctor isn't quite infallible. Watched 42 recently (Youtube is invaluable ) and was on my toes during the whole time!!
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."

Catherine Tate

You should have kept going, Fifth, she definitely improved as the series went on, became a more rounded character, more understanding and compassionate (which it has always seemed to me is the point of travelling with the Doctor) and grew away from Catherime Tate's other tv persona(s) which I agree are irritating in the extreme! I don't know that she was the best of the companions but she got away from the growing tendency for the companions to fall in love with the Doctor (and for him to fall for them) which makes sense as the companionship cannot last for ever.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast