Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DR. WHo fans UNITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFifthElement View Post
    Yak! Donna (Catherine Tate) was the reason I stopped watching Dr. Who. Even the draw of David Tennant wasn't enough to keep me watching once she was in the series.

Catherine Tate

Oh, that's a shame. I've watched a couple of episodes from the Catherine Tate show and they're ok...nothing extraordinary but they have some good parts.

Quote Originally Posted by andave_ya View Post
    Incidentally, who liked Midnight? I thought it was really cool; I love episodes where the doctor isn't quite infallible. Watched 42 recently (Youtube is invaluable ) and was on my toes during the whole time!!
    I loved Midnight as well! It was a really clever idea for a story and yes, it's interesting to see the doctor in a tight spot!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain

No longer confused... Lioness_Heart's Avatar
    Yak! Donna (Catherine Tate) was the reason I stopped watching Dr. Who. Even the draw of David Tennant wasn't enough to keep me watching once she was in the series.

Catherine Tate
    WHAT???

I'm not a huge fan of Catherine Tate, and must admit that after the Christmas special with her in, I had my doubts, but now think that she is by far the best companion, because she's the only one (recently, I don't know much about the older ones) that appears the doctor's equal. Both Martha and Rose could be a bit drippy at times, but Donna was an amazing feisty character in her own right. And with her in it, there was double the humour; she and David Tennant complimented each other brilliantly.

And what happened to the granddaughter storyline? That's intriguing... I heard a rumour that in the last series it was to be revealed that he had a son, but then the daughter was manufactured...
    "The magic gave me insight, and you gave me a heart, but for all the heart and insight in the world, I am still a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness_Heart View Post
    ...And what happened to the granddaughter storyline? That's intriguing... I heard a rumour that in the last series it was to be revealed that he had a son, but then the daughter was manufactured...
    In the original story, the Doctor had a grand-daughter, Susan Foreman. She caused some curiosity in two of her teachers, Barbara, who taught History and was intrigued by Susan's ability to read very quickly and her claim that a book's account of the French Revolution was incorrect to her certain knowledge because she had been there at the time, and Ian, who taught Science and was puzzled by the new girl's scientific ability. They went to visit her and discovered that her home address was a junk yard with nothing in it except rubbish and an old Police Box. Barbara and Ian were invited inside - and so the stories started. Susan was written out of the series about a year later, when she 'fell in love' with a freedom fighter in the story 'The Dalek Invasion of Earth' and elected to remain behind with him: her place was taken by Vicki who also lasted about a year. Barbara and Ian continued as the Doctor's companions for a couple of series before returning to their own time and being replaced by Peter Purves as Stephen. I don't remember all this, only the first episode with Susan in school, which must have made a considerable impact as it was broadcast in November 1963 - I checked the details on the BBC Doctor Who website! apparently no other members of the Doctor's family have ever made an appearance or even been much mentioned, apart from a favourite uncle.

laudator temporis acti andave_ya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."

Blog Entries
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I've heard David Tennant is actually leaving Doctor Who. No no no no no, it's unthinkable. I hope it's not true.
    No doubt but there is none other beeste comparable to the mightie dragon in awsome power and majestie, and few so worthie of the diligent studies of wise men - Gildas Magnus, Ars Draconis, 1465

Blog Entries
    Change that, he really is leaving! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the current list of suspects for Doctor no.11 are...well, they're all wrong. We cant have the doctor getting older again.
    Mum thinks Johnny Depp would make a good Doctor, I disagree completely. So who would make a good 11th Doctor? He'd have to be bloody good to top David Tennant, bloody good.
    Last edited by Bluebiird; 10-29-2008 at 06:44 PM.
    No doubt but there is none other beeste comparable to the mightie dragon in awsome power and majestie, and few so worthie of the diligent studies of wise men - Gildas Magnus, Ars Draconis, 1465

Yep, he's just announced it on the NTV awards, where he won the best actor, (I think). But he's going to be there through 2009. I did hear something about David Morrissey, but I don't believe that. He's a great actor, but I can't see him tying himself down to the character.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Cybermen.html

Blog Entries
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! At least he's staying until 2009. But he's the BEST!
    "To talk of many things:
    Of cabbages--and kings--

Internal nebulae TheFifthElement's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's time for a woman Doctor. How about Zoe Wannamaker (she's brill!)?
    Want to know what I think about books? Check out https://biisbooks.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    I think it's time for a woman Doctor. How about Zoe Wannamaker (she's brill!)?
    Can Timelords change their gender? And wasn't she already a villain? I don't think a female Doctor would work out long term, but maybe as an episode or two where the Doctor has an accident and changes gender (That would make a fun episode)

Internal nebulae TheFifthElement's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebiird View Post
    Can Timelords change their gender? And wasn't she already a villain? I don't think a female Doctor would work out long term, but maybe as an episode or two where the Doctor has an accident and changes gender (That would make a fun episode)
    Well, they can change their entire body - why not gender? Or more to the point, does a Timelord have a gender?
    I'm not sure the writers are overly concerned with consistency - after all Freema Agyeman was a cyberman before becoming the Doctor's assistant!
    Want to know what I think about books? Check out https://biisbooks.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    It's been decided, the new Doctor is Matt Smith and he "will appear on TV screens as the 11th Doctor in 2010" http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7808697.stm
    I bring news of David Tennant; He is filming four specials in 2009 and "The star is due to begin shooting the first special this month, just weeks after surgery on his back forced him to pull out of a London run of Hamlet."
    He has my sympathies. Back problems are a nightmare. I've only had the odd aches but they can be hell, so a serious back problem must be 10 times worse.

Blog Entries
    I think...he looks the part . I was sorta bummed to find out that David Morrissey wasn't the next Doctor - I liked him! And, cummon, but Tennant has been with DW for like four years now - I don't blame him for wanting to move forward . Even if he was amazing!!
    "To talk of many things:
    Of cabbages--and kings--

Oh, I like the look of the new guy!

andave_ya: Was there a rumor that it might be David Morrissey? I do like him, especially in Blackpool, he and Tennant were great in it together!

Blog Entries
    David Morrissey was in the last Christmas special called The Next Doctor and he was the favourite to be the next doctor but he isn't.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast