Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Oh, eva, I'm really very delighted that you liked my favorite drink so much.

Oh, don't think that I'm great cooker. To make gatig and "ovdug" (the last thing) is very easy. I can cook only some easy meals and learned it lately. As I'm going to marry I have to learn cooking.

There's another meal - "dovga" which is also made of gatig, Its cooking process is a little difficult. Bit it worth to do it. It's most delicious. I've never cooked it before, so can't now give its receipt. But I'm going to try to cook it this week. I'll need the help of my mom. Then I will share it with you.

Eva, it's random thought: Maybe then being a great cooker at our meals you would be able to open a little restaurant of exotic meals.

Ps. according to "ovdug". Add quite cold water, not warm ot hot.

oh, it is very kind of you to tell me those receipts, really. Even my boyfriend loved it, althought he was little suspicious at the beginning. I suppose I love it so much because I am in love with cheese and milk and all things that come from it. and it was also refreshing. I will prepare some with that syrup of jam today, so that we can have it tomorrow. yummy

to the restaurant, I love to cook, but it should be called "experimenting"
    I love food coming from foreign countries but Vietnam food.
    Will think of some receipt and include it in that thread you started. emily is right, what is better than good book + good food + feet on table
    "I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early."
    Charles Lamb.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I dont know whether someone has mentioned about this (i'm too lazy to read from the beginning)...well i'm a coffe addict my self...like 4 or 3 cups a day...then one day my mom told me that coffee is bad for woman's fertility..then i said o really ma? i gave it a checked at this healt journal and she was right.
    well her words got in to me then i tried to stop..but i couldnt..so i said to my self.."ok, i believe in God and i also believe that children come from God not from coffee.. so there's no use of trying to stop drinking coffee only cause i want to have children"
    Bit ironic that i have that kind of thinking...but hey as long as i can drink my coffees..anything goes..

I heard the same, I also checked and it was true but I love coffee, just having one in front me yummy I am trying to cut the number down, as I love children, there are days though when I drink up to seven and there are days as yesterday when I need only two.
    any receipts or ways how to prepare coffee? maybe some of us are preparing it in unusual way and want to share? I drink just ordinary, coffee and a milk. ordinary way of pouring water into it. so how about YOU?
    Charles Lamb.

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    im the same as you evulik but not milk, cream. the richer the better, although i hate how too much cream makes the coffee cold. coffee must be hot hot hot. i actually have one of those things that sits on my desk and plugs in (cause i dont have enough power sucking gadgets at my desk ) and acts like a small burner to keep my cup hot.
    on occasion i will add sweetened condensed milk instead of cream and sugar(i understand that is how it is often prepared in Thailand). it adds a completely different flavor. however, i am not a fan of all the flavored creams (irish cream and hazelnut and so on) just because to me, coffee should taste like coffee. if i want irish cream, i'll open a bottle of bailey's.
    how bout Chai tea? anyone here a fan? i will quite often brew a pot on the stove in the evening. a couple of cups of milk, two chai tea bags, a few spoons of sugar, mmmmmmm........i have this silly little whip thing too that makes the milk all frothy for extra decadence. i pour it into a cappucino mug and drink it over a crossword. wonderful!
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Quote Originally Posted by subterranean
    ok, i believe in God and i also believe that children come from God not from coffee..
    LOL, it was very funny put like this...
    (ok so if I'll ever have a bf I'll start drinking coffee instead of using other ways to avoid the kids... )

As for the question of particular ways of making coffe...well, how do you make coffe? With a kettle or stuff? In Italy we normally use a thing we call 'coffee machine' or 'moka', I don't think I've seen it elsewhere...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    in canada we have coffee makers too...you put the ground up beans in a basket and pour a potful of water in the top and it drips through and Voila! coffee. i only use that when we have company and need more than two cups at a time, because we also have a french press, and that is what we make coffee in for mornings. you put the grinds in the bottom of this large glass jar thing with a handle on it and add boiling water. after about four minutes or so you put the top on and there is a plunger type lid with a sieve on it. you push it down and it forces all the grinds to the bottom and the coffee just pours right out. i find that the coffee retains more of its bitter flavor with the press, and is much stronger...perfect for mornings. the problem with it is that the coffee you get out of it really stains coffee mugs, and therefore, i assume, teeth. we are vigilant about the use of whitening products.
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Blog Entries
    love french presses. really great for green tea, too. (and other loose teas, of course. )
    yum! was about to ask about them when i saw your post.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

oh well, just usual way - either by moka-coffee machine (I am not sure if that's the same as in Italy), or when in a hurry pour water on coffee I love what I drank in France, called "Cafe Ole", hope I have it correctly. There is a lot of milk milk milk, thus the coffee is not that strong. And I love COLD coffee (we have saying in Slovakia - that cold coffee makes us prettier, imagine the beauty in me )
    and I do not like creams, sugar and other things in coffee. I did not like milk either, but then I fell in love with milk and you know how it is with love, once you are there you are deep inside
    for the whitening toothpathe, cannot be missed, with the amount of coffee I drink without whitening tootpathe I could be a sun during nights

by the way, the question was put so that I pick up some new ways from you guys... thanks for tips...
    Charles Lamb.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    i rarely use coffee machine/maker, ussualy i often mix the coffee my self, and i thin it taste much better. and i prefer dairy creamer instead of milk, add some cinammon sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by evulik
    oh well, just usual way - either by moka-coffee machine (I am not sure if that's the same as in Italy), or when in a hurry pour water on coffee I love what I drank in France, called "Cafe Ole", hope I have it correctly. There is a lot of milk milk milk, thus the coffee is not that strong...
    I think it's 'café au lait', which just means with milk... We call it 'macchiato', spotted - Though there's probably much less milk.

I have attached the pic of the coffe machine we normally use, hope it works.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    O gee..looks like an ancient one to me

hi KOA, I have the same at home but my father travels a lot and he brought it from somewhere, so we do not have it in Slovakia... usually... I love coffee from it and then I add half glass of milk into it and that's it yummy
    Charles Lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by subterranean
    O gee..looks like an ancient one to me
    But that's what we normally use... not electric bar-style ones...
    what do you use then?

It's a percolator! Like in the Maxwell House commercials.
    Ours is buried somewhere in the back of a cupboard, since my mom just buys one or two cups a day at Dunkin Donuts and my brother makes a thermos of instant to bring to work. My dad drinks tea. But our thing looks more or less like this:

If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast