Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Coffee

ehm.... so addicted fellows this is time for us to talk little about something we adore, something we love, something that accompanies us all the time, when it rains when sun shines.... coffee....

I start "Hello, I am Eva and I am a coffee-holic, I like black coffee, coffee with milk, coffee with liquer etc"

well, not that bad, I just like it....
    "I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early."
    Charles Lamb.

Hello Eva , what about not addicted people? Coffee is yucky lol. In any form or state or whatever. On the other hand hot choc ... that's a completely different matter .
    I have a plan: attack!

well, I do not know about czech republic (I suppose you are from czech republic) but in Slovakia we have very few places where to get really good choc... maybe Bratislava... we had one place like that in Prievidza, but this place is always full of people and smoke... not really great to go to enjoy choc...
    and another important point, I love coffee without sugar and choc is full of calories just had one with milk.... yum-yum
    Charles Lamb.

I like coffee, but can stay without it for years. A cup of tea is forever!

well, I used to drink 5-6 litres of tea (various types) per day, until my mum scared me that it was not healthy for my body... so I drink 2 litres of coffee instead... not good solution either... but then again, I am not that ordinary either...
    Charles Lamb.

is here somebody who loves coffee as much as I do? Or am I simply insane?
    Charles Lamb.

Wow! Evulik, 2 litres of coffee will do more harm than 5-6 litres of tea. Take good advise: return to your previous habit.
    I wonder the size of your cup.

Three cups of tea is my daily doze.

Hey Eva, I'll join you in your love of coffee, only I tend to be rather whimpy about it. I love drinking lots of coffee though I'll try to put myself on tea binges because I know it's better for me. But my coffee can't be too strong, nor can it have a ton of sugar either.

The one thing I will never understand is how Starbuck's came to be so big. I can't stand thier coffee! It tastes like sludge to me. Even thier cakes and stuff sit like lead in my stomach. Why can't they cater to us sensitive people? Even when I order tea there, I have to specify only one tea bag, because they'll want to give me two making my favorite (Earl Grey) really bitter.

I hope I haven't turned this into a Starbuck's bashing thread.
    Hwæt! We Gar-Dena in geardagum,/Þeodcuninga þrum gefrunon,/hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon!
    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,/ monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,/ egsode eorlas, syððan ærest wearð/ feasceaft funden; he þæs frofre gebad,/ weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,/ oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra/ofer hronrade hyran scolde,/gomban gyldan. Þæt wæs god cyning!

Blog Entries
    no you haven't but their stuff is really way too dark! liquid asphalt is not my idea of yum.

i waitressed once in college. it was at - you guessed it, a diner. what did i live on? COFFEE! every night, i would release it into my veins, often by the pot. sometimes i went home with 2 pots circulating in my lymph system and blood vessels. I LOVED IT. one day, this person was like, you know, that's not good for women. and i thought, oof, off, what do you know? it makes me happy.

i am now a teaaholic, but the days of joe, straight up campfire style were glorious. now i indulge only if there's lots of cream and sugar around, but oh, way back when...drifts into nostalgia, wafted along by a particularly appealing scent curling in the air, smelling suspiciously of Sumatra.

drool.
    Last edited by amuse; 06-15-2004 at 03:02 PM.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

The smell of coffee makes me sick. I tried it once because everyone else was having it, but I couldn't get a quarter of the way through the mug.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

Yeah Eva, I'm from the Czech rep, Liberec to be exact. Also I don't drink hot choc that much, only when the others are having coffee I go with the choc. And as I don't 'socialize' a lot I don't get to be with people drinking coffee (aside mom and sister) too much anyway.
    I have a plan: attack!

Coffee good.

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    coffee very good. I am totally with you in your addiction, evulik. i drink a minimum of one pot a day. my home brew is either fresh ground dark roast beans or the famous "Tim Hortons" blend. i also drive through Timmie's at least once a day with my sister for an extra large "triple triple" which is triple cream, triple sugar. its my other vice. (or i guess my other other vice)
    anyhow, i pay my son five dollars a week, and every morning before i get up he brews a pot of coffee and man, is he good at it. a small price to pay for early morning satisfaction. yum
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

hi all, those who like, those who does not... well, my pot/glass or what is it I drink from is rather reaaaaaaaly biiiig.... but I drink just softly made weak coffee, otherwise with my amount I would be dead by now. I hate sugar in it, makes my stomach really "loud" and I love a lot of milk in it, cafe ole was it called in France (If I remember well)...
    and to tea. I used to drink tea when I was studying, having always one pot of tea near me, drinking reaaaaaaly a lot... and then I realised that I spent far more time with going to "place where even kings go by themselves" and by making tea, that I had to give up.... choice was made school or tea.... so I turned to coffee instead and then I heard "life is not solely comprised of tasks but taste" and I understood.... coffee
    Charles Lamb.

I love coffee. Three to four cups a day, sometimes more. It's one of my (few) simple pleasures in life.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast