Thread: A world of writers: enigmans, mysteries....

A world of writers: enigmans, mysteries....

Writers are queer creatures, indeed. For they live in this world with the rest of others but through imagination and thought they travel elsewhere, and they map uncharted domains of human minds, and revel in domains which are not ordinarily reachable.
    Recently I read Gibran, Kafka, Dostoevsky. All these writers greatly appeal to me , and they in point of fact shaped my patterns of thinking. After going through Gibran's the prophet several times I have gone through stages of transmutations.Each reading of him gave me a different idea of the world, myself and everything we do. It gave me a different perspective. He is really a mystic.

Talking of Dostoevsky I find him deeply penetrating deeper into the realm of the human mind. And hardly any other could go so deeply, layers after layers of the mind.

Kafka is really amazing. His book the Metamorphosis is something I always read and find a different meaning in that book

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    You might want to read Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson and some of the writings of H. P. Lovecraft. Both would show you the human mind from different perspectives.

i am reading Gibran's "the prophet " at the moment it's not the first book i read by him. he is really "out of this world" his writings can really re-shape your thoughts ......i LOVE Dostoevsky's way of thinking ,unfortunately i haven't read anything by kafka yet.......:-(
    and i said maybe oneday...

Quote Originally Posted by stella View Post
    i am reading Gibran's "the prophet " at the moment it's not the first book i read by him. he is really "out of this world" his writings can really re-shape your thoughts ......i LOVE Dostoevsky's way of thinking ,unfortunately i haven't read anything by kafka yet.......:-(
    Gibran is really a great source of inspiration. I think he had got inspiration. He could delve into some aspects of life nowhere we could get them.

I have many books of him, but the Prophet is appealing and inspirational.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

The Great God Pan and The Hill of Dreams by Arthur Machen were very good. I had read Lovecraft years ago, and discovered a glowing plug from Lovecraft on the back of the book (2 novellas in one book). Also Yeats, Wilde and a few others were fans. He was a high ranking member of The Golden Dawn, although he found the pomp and circumstance of the Order to be silly. I found The Hill of Dreams to be particularly enlightening. The only thing like it may be found in Lovecraft--but Machen had a greater talent for prose in my opinion.

"When you listen to the radio you are a witness of the everlasting war between thing and idea, appearance and reality--the human, and the divine."
    -Hermann Hesse

Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
    Gibran is really a great source of inspiration. I think he had got inspiration. He could delve into some aspects of life nowhere we could get them.

I have many books of him, but the Prophet is appealing and inspirational.
    well i finished the prophet this morning & i 'll probably start with "sand&foam" tonight .....i see what you like about him you arent the only one i know who considers him as their best author ;my best friend really adores him she's the one who gave me all his books to read...
    i really liked him but don't you think that his writings are a little bit too mysterious....
    Last edited by stella; 09-03-2007 at 12:25 PM.
    and i said maybe oneday...