Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Good & Evil Exist

Does Good & Evil Exist

All human being in this world are exist, but only good person are exist. It is because good people delights by God. We know that if we are we going good, people surrounds you are doing good also. Everything that we do in this world, there is a feedback. If you are doing good, your feedback is good also. Evil are not exist in this world it is because God hate people who are doing bad or harm to his surroundings. God will help only people who do good in his society. Whatever you do in your life you cannot exist if your self are not in God. People that delights from God and achieve his or her goal or success, he or she must pray and give thanks to God for the blessings that have.

Ronald A. Tadem
    BSN-2B
    TTH 4:00-5:30pm
    Instructor: Leonardo Go

Your comments, friend, directly contradict the Bible, which tells us the "the rain [i.e. calamitiy] falls on the good and bad alike" (rough paraphrase). God loves all - whether they do good or bad, because Jesus died for everybody - not just the "good." And, ultimately, without God in our hearts, no one is capable of being "good" in any way, shape, or form.

Welcome to Lit Net, by the way.
    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

The Story of My Life bibliophile190's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I second what Red said, and welcome.
    A room without books is like a body without a soul.
    -Marcus Tullius Cicero

Do Good and Evil Exist?

Good and evil are relative terms,one of which cannot exist without the other. The good depends upon the existence of what we call evil, and evil exist only in relation to good.They are human construct. We created evil so we could experience good.

Good and evil exist in our minds. The one that fulfills our interest is what we call good, and that brings to us in missery or anything which we do not, is called evil. Since they are relative,it is impossible to find anything absolutely good,and absolutely evil. If we examine ourlives, we will notice that good often comes of evil.

God Words says." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

ROSILLO,RIANN M.
    BSIT-4
    TTH- 4:00-5:30pm

Mr. Leonardo Go
    Last edited by rosillo; 08-25-2007 at 07:06 AM.

does Good and Bad Exist

Yes..,because if you take a human lifethe good and bad is part of our life and its fulfils to our mind that exist. in the midst of our daily routine we often fail to engage our minds in what we've doing, but sometimes it success to engage to make bad things that commet a sin.when we catch a glimpse of our lord's greatness and glory, we see more clearly our sinfulness that make our mind. Evil push to our mind to easily shed many of the sins, that have weighed us down. the give dramatic testimonials about being freed from addictive behaviour,the attention shifts to another new believer, and jealousy, resentment,and anger drop away. it happen if we loose under to our mind but if not the good in our heart make a plan that to evade the bad minds.God is working all things together for the good of those who love him. I believe that everything in this world will be alright by leads of good. Evil will always loser all the time..

Does Good and Evil Exist?

Good and evil doesn’t exist! It’s just based on our way of thinking. It’s a thought! Our experiences give us an idea on how we define good and evil. We have made some good choices that were beneficial for both ourselves and for others, we have also, probably, made some mistakes that did nobody any good.
    In Biblical terms, God created man with moral freedom, with the ability to choose between good and evil. Evil was not being created; it is very much clear that God created us with free will.
    We experience evil things such as depression, frustration, sadness, and have been immoral because we choose too. We did not pay attention to the outcomes of our actions. But if we just listen on what was God is telling us, such as “Do everything without complaining or arguing”. So that you maybe innocent and pure as God’s perfect children! If it goes like this, maybe until now we are innocent with the definition of good and evil.
    The best example of this is Satan. Satan was not being created by God, rather He created Satan as an angelic being as the “seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty”, but he developed pride in his beauty. He was proud of being handsome and his fame made him act like a fool. God did not put the evil in their minds, nor did He introduce to Lucifer. Lucifer was free to follow God’s way of love, or to consider the alternative. God didn’t force him to go his way. He permitted him to ponderand finally choose the way of evil.
    Referring to my first statement, Good and Evil are made up of our thoughts. Be careful how you think; your life is shape by your thoughts.

Jessica Rose C. Espenido
    BSCS-4
    TTH 4:00-5:30

To: Leonardo Go

Good and Evil are just in our thoughts. It's our reflection of our ideas to others who define "whats right or wrong". It could be moral or self-indulgent to anyone.

Gerald L. Peruda
    BSIT-4

To: Mr. Leonardo Go
    <alter-native>
    Last edited by hack3m; 08-25-2007 at 08:06 AM.

Good and evil doesn’t exist! It’s just based on our way of thinking. It’s a thought! Our experiences give us an idea on how we define good and evil. We have made some good choices that were beneficial for both ourselves and for others, we have also, probably, made some mistakes that did nobody any good.
    In Biblical terms, God created man with moral freedom, with the ability to choose between good and evil. Evil was not being created; it is very much clear that God created us with free will.
    We experience evil things such as depression, frustration, sadness, and have been immoral because we choose too. We did not pay attention to the outcomes of our actions. But if we just listen on what was God is telling us, such as “Do everything without complaining or arguing”. So that you maybe innocent and pure as God’s perfect children! If it goes like this, maybe until now we are innocent with the definition of good and evil.
    The best example of this is Satan. Satan was not being created by God, rather He created Satan as an angelic being as the “seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty”, but he developed pride in his beauty. He was proud of being handsome and his fame made him act like a fool. God did not put the evil in their minds, nor did He introduce to Lucifer. Lucifer was free to follow God’s way of love, or to consider the alternative. God didn’t force him to go his way. He permitted him to ponderand finally choose the way of evil.
    Referring to my first statement, Good and Evil are made up of our thoughts. Be careful how you think; your life is shape by your thoughts.

Jessica Rose C. Espenido
    BSCS-4

To: Leonardo Go <alter-native>

does good and evil exist

DOES GOD AND EVIL EXIST?

“Volunteer my time for something I believe in’. Good and Evil existence, hard to believe? I don’t think so. Indeed hard to convince others about the existence of good and evil. When I write this I can’t help but mirror the things I might write on who I am and on what I believe, when I decide or act on something I always remember my parents litany “Do it for good and avoid bad ones”. But I doubt I always follow them, maybe for sometime. I admit! Its hard, really hard for an adolescent like me to do good where I benefited less from it. To differentiate good is very far from evil. It is in our attitudes where we can picture of what really is it. Evil actions for good intentions won’t change the fact that it is still bad. So why keep on dong it when we know its wrong? I don’t know if you will agree with me but I guess doing evil for good reasons is always easy than doing good when you doubt the possibilities of success on it. Let me take an example of an overused lies of adolescent that is the relationship of the opposite sex issue. Most of us lie to our parents in order to protect ourselves. But I guess there’s nothing to protect to. We are just afraid that they won’t understand if we tell them the truth, we deny the possibilities that we might get what we are going through for they have been there. As children, we all heard that honesty is the best policy, but as we grow into adults, that simple truths seems to get clouded. We become master of half-truths, innuendo, and justification. It is not easy to live with integrity by always telling the truth, but if we want to make a lasting difference for good in lives of others, we must try. Begin by searching your heart and being honesty with yourself, ourselves. Haven’t you notice that one lie leads to another and as we master ourselves with our own lie we will soon be poisoned by this. We cheat ourselves and become losers. But of course no one will admit they have been through this feelings. Remember as we grow up we mature and part of maturity is to take the responsibility of our actions and be accountable of whatever outcome it may bring. But we are idiots! We always want to live life easily as we wish even though we know that what we done no good in the past to have a bad present. Changing what we are and what we believe is not hard if do in our own purity. For its hard to be happy on our own fulfillments achieved through evil ways, and the sad thing is we make a lots of excuses to hide our bad actions. For some people, making excuses has become a bad habit. They drift through life, never quite getting there act together, leaving messes everywhere they go. They are experts of deflecting blame and consequently never correct the thinking that cause them to use poor judgment in the first place. They may be saving face temporarily, but in the end, they become big losers. How can we avoid this? Simple as increasing our faith through prayer. They say that the prayer of righteous man is powerful and effective. If we pray not only for ourselves but also for others, we make it! Doing something good. We pray because it requires us to place our faith in something more than we can comprehend, many people discount prayer as an effective means to positively impact their lives and the lives of those around them. Even for those who appreciate its many benefits, prayer is nature, a mystery, a step out in the dark, also a step in the right direction. Have you tried? Praying with all your heart and mind with good intention? By all means God will answer you. Aside from prayer also be the first to say “I’m sorry”, that you really are sorry to those whom you done no good. Not much to say but hard to utter because of our ego’s not to accept our own mistakes. It takes courage to be the first to apologize in any situation. But if we apologize specifically and with sincerity, it can bring great healing. Hard to be good isn’t it? But if we want to live a peaceful life, those hardships doesn’t matter. It is in what I and you believe in. lets learn from what we experience and work it out. I believe in the existence of good in my life and I live with it. How about you?

LIMBAGA, Jan C
    TTh 4-5:30

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It happens I don't share your belief in God, but I do salute you for asking these earnest, searching questions. It is possible that you or I won't always be able to demonstrate the good in this or that act that we intended, but if we continue to be true about our hearts, we may hope that in the majority of times our intentions will have been good and so will be the results of them.

THe American psychologist, Abraham Maslow wrote: "We cannot be more honest with others than we are with ourselves."

Two things to think about based on the responses:

1) What has "existence"? Are there levels of existence? Are some levels fuller than others? Platonists argue that only thoughts are truly real. (In the Middle Ages Platonists were often referred to as 'Realists' though later they are called 'Idealists'.) Others have been persuaded that only sensible objects (objects that can be experienced by the senses, which is expanded to include instrumentation) are real. Some allow for both (most prominent being Aristotle and his hylomorphism).

2) It seems that "good" and "evil" can be conceptualized in a number of ways. A good football player may, for example, be an evil dog owner. I would argue that the goodness of his playing is not a contradiction of his evil elsewhere. So if we are to discuss whether there is an "ultimate" good or evil as someone suggested, we need to know on what basis we would recognize such a thing.

I agree with PrinceMyshkin that these questions are important regardless of one's stance on the "God question."
    aude sapere

Quote Originally Posted by rose07 View Post
    Good and evil doesn’t exist! It’s just based on our way of thinking. It’s a thought! Our experiences give us an idea on how we define good and evil.
    There are numerous examples of human behavior present and past that absolutely contradict what you've said - unless you're willing to risk saying that something like the Holocaust was only "evil" from a certain perspective. Are you willing to say that? Because the minute you make an evaluative statement like "that's wrong" or "that's obviously evil" you have contradicted your position.

Didn't you just say above that "good and evil don't exist"?

Again: you continue to contradict yourself by giving examples of evil and then saying that it doesn't exist. Huh?

Jessica Rose C. Espenido
    BSCS-4

To: Leonardo Go[/QUOTE]
    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

What we call good and bad do not exist, and as a matter of fact, it is a matter of perception, and our perception of things make good or bad in point fact and at a deeper level all converge into the same state.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Blog Entries
    "There are no moral phenomena, only moral interpretations of phenomena."
    Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

Quote Originally Posted by jgweed View Post
    "There are no moral phenomena, only moral interpretations of phenomena."
    This is true, and there is no what we call morals and immorals in nature and we simply try to interpret them up to our likings and dislikings only.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast