Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dreams

Yeah, I have this one reoccuring dream about once every two months. One time I had it three nights in a row. I have it randomly. Actually they started when I was eleven. It is an odd dream. I never really remember what it is, I just know it was the same as the others. I think I might be going insane or something or maybe not, or maybe. Do you know of the gummies that have a texture like a mixture of jelly and gummy bears? They are my favorite, anyway that texture has something to do with this dream. Also all the dreams all different, yet something makes me believe they are the same. One time it was about bells, another it was about a box of chocolates, one time it was a type of death-maze. I don't know. The fact that they are all the 'same' yet are about completely unrealated things might make a good Sci-Fi novel. Quite odd ain't it?
    There's my two cents... don't spend it all in one place.

I wonder if that's the same as my flying dreams. I never felt that I ever had a recurring dream, but definately themes, like flying. They are all different though.
    Hwæt! We Gar-Dena in geardagum,/Þeodcuninga þrum gefrunon,/hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon!
    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,/ monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,/ egsode eorlas, syððan ærest wearð/ feasceaft funden; he þæs frofre gebad,/ weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,/ oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra/ofer hronrade hyran scolde,/gomban gyldan. Þæt wæs god cyning!

This thread is a little old, but I feel like writing.

The strangest dream I've had resulted from a graduate history seminar on the Holocaust that I took during my last year of grad school. On the first day of class, the professor noted that each of us (we 7 students) would have a nightmare at some point in the semester as a direct result of the course. The professor wanted to warn us, but he also wanted to ask that we record our dream in writing because he found them fascinating.

I don't remember most of my dreams, but this one I have memorized, which I attribute only to the fact that I was warned I would have it. What's especially strange about my dream is that I can pinpoint the very image that caused it, but let me describe it first:

I wake up in the middle of the night to find myself in my childhood bedroom. I walk to the bathroom, turn on the light and examine my face and neck in the mirror and discover a large pimple on my left shoulder. When I pop the pimple, a half foot of barbwire springs out but doesn't cause me any pain. Suddenly, I discover pimples all over my back (you see where I'm going with this?). My mother then walks into the bathroom, notices all the pieces of barbwire and begins pulling them out. When she finally finishes, I look at my back, which looks as if it's been unzipped, from the bottom of my back to the top of my spine. No blood, no pain. My mother then sticks her hand into my back and digs out a handful of what I can only describe as Spanish rice (blood and maggots, I suppose). And then I woke up.

The dream didn't upset or scare me. Actually, I thought it was pretty fascinating. This course was held once a week for 3 hours, so we had time to watch films and documentaries. The one single image that upset me the most came from footage that British troops took when they liberated one of the camps (can't remember which camp); it was of a naked woman sitting in the dirt just outside a barracks scratching herself silly. The shot of her only lasted maybe three or four seconds, and at the time the narrator had just commented on the number of people who likely died from diseases like typhoid. That was the only dream about the class I had (or can remember).

Sadly, I never asked any of my classmates if they had that one dream that the professor warned them about.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers *

Your Dreams

This was an old thread too, but I love talking about dreams, so nyah. If you have a new dream, or an old one to talk about, or just something in general about your dreaming habits, this is the place to put it.

I will go for a long time without having a memorable dream, then a week or two straight of like two a night, then none again for months. I can usually recognize where all the things in the dream came from, in my waking life. I don't think I've had too many good ones... maybe two or three in my lifetime. Or at least those aren't the ones I remember. Or maybe it just says something about my life.

When I was little I had falling dreams a lot. Even non-falling dreams ended with me waking up to that falling-jolt. Also when I would start drifting off to sleep, all of a sudden I'd feel like someone shook the edge of my mattress. One time I thought I still had my eyes open, looking at the light of the open door, and all of a sudden there was this bald, androgenous, calm figure in the doorway. It walked silently over, sat on the edge of my bed, and looked into my face. Then I woke up and realized I had fallen asleep.

Most of my dreams are either overtly scary, or just pervaded by a strong sense of dread and weirdness. Only a couple of times, in recent years, have I actually woken up because of them. When I was little it was all mummies and corpses and skeletons -- the first dream I ever remembered was when I was two, and a skeleton was chasing my mother and me around in the library, and I tried to save her, and it bit my arm and latched on there. In recent years I've written whole books and symphonies, only to wake to realize that they were the lamest nursery-rhymey things ever.

Okay, so obviously I have a lot to say. As always. But I'll shut up for now. I want to hear about everyone else's.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

Dreams? All my recent dreams are uninteresting, pretty much reflect everyday's life.
    You're just another bastard.

Well, they're interesting to other people. I don't know what your life is like.
    Not that I'm pressuring you to share if you don't feel like it.

~The Dresden Dolls

fated loafer
    If I had had a dream this is what it would have been:
    I am a frog with a top hat wearing a cream colored tablecloth draped over my shoulder, that magically changes sizes whenever I need to get bigger, which I do frequently. As to my frog capabilities, I have the radical ability to not jump as my fellow frogs but to sashay round dance floors in a tango that would drop dead anyone in my path. In fact many frogs end up being dead, and in reality, the reality of this dream, they are really all cane toads and thier deaths are caused by cars swerving to hit them strategically, and I am one of them drapped and standing out in my tablecloth in the middle of the road, but before I can be hit a newspaper man sees my dancing capabilities and turns me into a sensation which then turns me into a person, but one covered in warts. And the only way to cure these warts which the public don't approve of is to be launched off into space with a camel, but not just any camel, when we land on hte moon this camel reveals himself to be the camel of camel cigaretts and he is escaping his binding lifestyle becuase he hates smoking and has alwyas hated smoking so he came to outerspace. And together we find a planet and build a playground and swing all day on the monkey bars and make goat cheese from goats that deliver speeches on why roadkill is just another conspiracy theory and drink gin and tonics, and we wear sunglasses becuase we have lost our eyes.

Well, not really reflect my life, I guess, just have something to do with my life. One time before a big test, I dreamt of taking the test and then had popcorn for lunch. The last part was because my roommate was popping some and I unconsciously smelt it.
    You're just another bastard.

LOL I wish my dreams were so benign. In third grade I had a dream where I saved a mouse from the wheel of a car, but my hand got run over, and then my dad made me go to this place underground where a youngish man, a woman dressed like a nurse, and a huge hairy guy with a chainsaw were trying to amputate the hand. As a last resort I bit the chainsaw guy's arm, made an "ugh, that's awful" face (cause it tasted awful), they all laughed at me, and then I woke up.

~The Dresden Dolls

Blog Entries
    when i was five or six, i dreamt of a reddish scene; the devil bent nearly double, pounding my little back with a hammer, the blood flowed into this wooden barrel. i woke up sore. what five-year old, i ask you, has a sore back?
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

fated loafer
    One sleeping on a teddy bear.

Blog Entries
    oh fine, i take my question back.
    what 5-y/o, i ask you, dreams of gore gushing into oaken barrels from their tiny body?
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

I hardly ever remember my dreams. Lately I dreamt twice of the guy I have a crush on

The weirdest dream I've ever had was a few years ago... I dreamt of John Lennon (!) which is extremely weird as I'm not a fan of him, nor I had heard any of his songs in that period, or heard anything about him... Well I dreamt that he wanted to destroy the world with an electric saw, cos the world sucks...I agreed, but i was invisible, and I had to hide behind a chair cos he could hit me cos he wasn't seeing me... But there was also Yoko Ono (!!!), who was wearing just a vest btw, and she could see me so I had to runaway very quickly, down the stairs (we were at my home, I live in a flat/apartment on the 3rd floor) to where we have the car boxes... It was scary. I think it meant that I wanted to live on, that's why i ran away not to be killed, cos it was a few months after my big depression, and I was starting to be ok.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

That makes sense. It could also mean that Yoko Ono is trying to kill you.

~The Dresden Dolls

*looks around suspiciously* I'll watch out for Yoko Ono then, but it's been like 4 years since I had that dream and she hasn't shown up yet...she might have lost her way!
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast