Thread: G'Day!

Talking G'Day!

Hello!

I'm a new member here. My name's Ben, and I come from Australia! I'm still in high school and badly want to be a creative writer when I grow up. Over the past year I've written about 40 or so stories, started four novels and am halfway through one of them. I've also just read The Picture of Dorian Gray (all my friends want to read it after me!), our English class is studying Oscar Wilde's Importance of Being Earnest.

I've also read in the past months Heart of Darkness, much of Sherlock Holmes and War of the Worlds. A lot of Heart of Darkness went over my head, especially the bits at the end about destiny and comprising time and space into a moment of jumping out of the invisible or something...

Anyway! I figured if I join somewhere like this where people know lots about those sorts of things I could get a better understanding of the books' themes, and others, that I may come across. As well, I can rock up somewhere where pretty much everyone will agree when I say literature is awesome.

Guy from the down-unda.

(PS. We don't actually ride Kangaroos to school! We instead take the Koala, a much more furry way of transport.)

Blog Entries
    Hi Ben and welcome to LitNet!

Thanks for clearing up that Kangaroo thing!
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Two plus two is CHICKEN!! Weisinheimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I was wondering about the kangaroos, too
    anyway, welcome to the forum. You sure can learn alot here. Lots of smart people around.
    Calvin: You canít just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes: What mood is that?

Calvin: Last-minute panic.

laudator temporis acti andave_ya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hallo, and enjoy it here!
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."

Blog Entries
    Hello Ben
    I am amazed, I don't think I have ever come across a highschool student who is so dedicated to writing or who wants to pursue creative writing as a career.
    I am looking forward to reading some of your stuff
    I noticed you've actually been here longer than me and I'm sure you'll agree that the LitNet forums are very informative and pleasant?
    I am very intrigued about your means of transport to your school... A koala is more furry yes but if you sit yourself in a Kangaroo pouch surely it is a faster journey?

A girl from... up here?
    :P
    "Then I feel, Harry, that I have given away my whole soul to someone who treats it as if it were a flower to put in his coat, a bit of decoration to charm his vanity, an ornament for a summer's day"
    Oscar Wilde [The Picture of Dorian Gray]