Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: Do you suffer from Snape Mania?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

5 35.71%
  • no!

8 57.14%
  • no. but my gf/wife does and she's driving me crazy!

0 0%
  • who's Snape?

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snape Mania? - (Harry Potter 7 spoilers)

Suzerain of Cost&Caution SleepyWitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Snape Mania? - (Harry Potter 7 spoilers)

hi girls and boys,
    I've come across this hilarious article about Snape mania.
    (it contains some references to kissing and stuff *barf*, so if you are a little kid and find kissing yucky, don't read it)

are you a fellow sufferer (please say yes!)
    do you have your own theories about Snape Mania/ Snape Fever?

just for the record, I do NOT lust after Snape..

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWitch View Post
    just for the record, I do NOT lust after Snape..
    Is that why you have a picture of him in your beneath thingy?
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

LoooooooL hehehe well no thanks God have no snape fever ...i like the way he is mean (he sounds funny to me) when he complains or snaps at harry ...
    but EW ! never love him....Come on LoL

thanks for the thread
    Smile to the world and world Smiles Back!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by papayahed View Post
    yes, exactly

go ahead and vote "NO!" then you two

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWitch View Post
    yes, exactly

go ahead and vote "NO!" then you two
    I really have no opinion either way. Maybe after I read the books.

On another website I go to the women are crazy about Snape.
    Last edited by papayahed; 07-27-2007 at 09:41 AM.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    dont have a snape thingy no. too slimy even with alan Rickman playing. Now if it had been Jeremy Irons........
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

i voted no.
    but lets see if my voice changes after i've read 7.
    ...the smell of flowers through metal labyrinths.

Uncontrollable Flesh Video Drone's Avatar
    I liked Snape starting from the first book, . Not sure about the movie Snape, though, I don't like them movies much.
    "Dullness. Ethereal, ephemeral, allegorical dullness. The blunt boredom rises from the gorge of her insufferable lips and floats like the tiniest feather of a long dead bird until it lands, naked and tired memory next to your fleshy feet. But she is gone now, away, away, like all the others, away, away! Only I, poet man, has chosen to stay. And I welcome you, travelers, to the memory catacombs of the Brunnen-G!" (c) Poet Man

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Great article! hehe. I do truly admire the character snape, but no sexual attraction there, thanks!
    My mom does(or did) have a thing for Sirius though.
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries

Interesting thread. And article on Snape fangirls.

No, I don't. Not even when I was a Harry Potter fan. I never had a crush on any of the characters. Maybe because I was too young?

Alan Rickman is a really great actor, though.

SNAPE FANGIRLS!!!!!!! Run for your lives!

I like that. Beneath thingy. Much better than signature.

Ahahahaha! I like the article A LOT. This person is a genius...
    Last edited by Lily Adams; 07-27-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dramasnot6 View Post
    Great article! hehe. I do truly admire the character snape, but no sexual attraction there, thanks!
    hehe, you native speakers are so quick to use the phrase "sexual attraction"
    i think I've got a vocabulary problem here... do you call anything that involves a male and a female plus a pinch of admiration "sexual attraction" in English?
    I'm not flaming you drama, I'm serioulsy confused because in my vocabulary "sexual attraction" means something different.

hehe, I guess in English it's like this: Snape=bloke, Sleepy=girl, i.e. they are two different sexes ---> if Sleepy goes "aaaawwww" about Snape it means she is "sexually attracted" because.

hehe sorry to ramble so much

one reason I like Snape is exactly because all those scenes the author of that blog mentioned do NOT work
    I'm a nubile young witch at Hogwarts, around 18 or so - ready to graduate and start bewitching frogs on my own. I'm really quite talented at Potions, and lately I've been exchanging loaded glances over the cauldron with my favorite teacher, Snape, or as I like to call him in my mind, "Snapey-Poo".

I'm leaving Potions one day when Snape says, "Miss Fury, a word, please?" in that DREAMY voice. Our eyes meet and then Snape takes me in his arms, hurling the contents of his desk to the ground with a muttered spell, and then our sweaty bodies... ok, wait. That's not working, because Snape would get fired for screwing a student, even if I was legal. Dumbledore looks prissy and would probably fire Snape for fraternizing.

Ok, I'm a slutty substitute witch at Hogwarts. I've just thrown Harry Potter, that uppity little brat, into Magical Detention, where he is going to recieve a magical spanking by means of a spanking spell. Snape comes up to me in the corridor to compliment me on punishing Harry so appropriately.

We make some small talk and Snape invites me to a mid-air picnic on his broom. We never make it to lunch because we start kissing in the corridor, then we get so riled up that he presses me against the wall and we... no, that wouldn't work either, because one of the Hogwart's ghosts would catch us, tell Dumbledore, and get me fired.

No I don't really have a thing for Snape at all. But I do really like the young/childhood Snape we see in the Pensieve - he is all of those misfit kids that everyone teases, and I always feel sympathy (empathy?) for those kids.

I didn't read that article, but what about those girls that are in love with Draco from the movies. Yikes! Malfoy fangirls!

Ok, don't laugh but at first I had no idea who you were talking about.
    Now I know, and the answer is No.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    Ok, don't laugh but at first I had no idea who you were talking about.
    Now I know, and the answer is No.
    aw, too bad.
    where are those thousands and millions of Snape fan girls the article talks about?

If grace is an ocean... grace86's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No Snape mania here. I could see how some girls would though. He has that kind of bad guy/good guy appeal. Kind of like Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. It is the same way with Sirius I think. I actually truly cried when he died because he was my favorite character...but attraction...no.

Snape did turn out to be such a good guy that it broke my heart to read the thoughts in the penseive. I was thinking, "if only things had worked out differently" and he had not died.

Kind of got a bit nauseated with that whole fantasy building in that article. It is kind of funny to think that women actually think that way in regards to Alan Rickman and/or the book Snape. I think Rickman did a good job playing Rowling's character. But, yuck, I don't want to know that women think that way about the characters in children's books.....eeeeewwwwwww....
    "So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way....He loves us..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xXowT4eJjY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast