Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn on your TV

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Turn on your TV

and see which channel can go from 0-60 lpm* in the shortest time.

*lpm=lies per minute.

Blog Entries
    I’m afraid that if I respond to this you’ll come back to find a lock on the door!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
    and see which channel can go from 0-60 lpm* in the shortest time.

*lpm=lies per minute.
    It's not one particular channel, it's a particular media owner. Nuff said

The Sound of Silence
    Best thing you can do is just to throw your tv out the window.

...and immidiately regret it.

I really couldnt live without my tv, even though 70% of what I watch is totally useless.
    Nightwish: ˝Fare thee well, little broken heart
    Downcast eyes, lifetime loneliness
    Whatever walks in my heart will walk alone˝

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Oh how I wish I could through my TV out the window. But I love the science channel, Discovery, HBO (hooked on John from Cincinati (sp?)),

Has anyone watched a show called My Super Sweet 16? It's a vomitus look into the lives of people that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, that's $100,000.00 and more, on a sweet 16 birthday party. Vapid, self centered, sick.

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would consider doing that if I could only get Rupert and Rush and Karl and Dick to be passing just below all at the same time.

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiobe View Post
    Has anyone watched a show called My Super Sweet 16? It's a vomitus look into the lives of people that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, that's $100,000.00 and more, on a sweet 16 birthday party. Vapid, self centered, sick.

YES. I...cannot describe to you in words how much I loathe that show and the people on it. Makes me sick when I watch it.

I just recently switched to not having cable anymore, but I never really watched it. I mean, I like the History Channel, Science Channel, Discovery Channel, Boomerang, (I WOULD watch Nick Toons if I got it! And the Sci-Fi channel! D: ) and VH1 Classic. I'll miss it, I guess, but the computer makes up for all that, really.

I mostly watch old/canceled TV shows on DVDs.

But I would have to say a lot of the news broadcasts are a pack of lies. Really biased. I'd have to say the only news broadcasts I'll watch are Anderson Cooper's or Katie Couric's news broadcasts.

Cable is a bit better regarding what's on it. I can hardly stand the "regular" TV. Guh. Such...mind-numbing...poo.
    Last edited by Lily Adams; 07-26-2007 at 11:05 PM.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Uncontrollable Flesh Video Drone's Avatar
    I don't have a TV.
    "Dullness. Ethereal, ephemeral, allegorical dullness. The blunt boredom rises from the gorge of her insufferable lips and floats like the tiniest feather of a long dead bird until it lands, naked and tired memory next to your fleshy feet. But she is gone now, away, away, like all the others, away, away! Only I, poet man, has chosen to stay. And I welcome you, travelers, to the memory catacombs of the Brunnen-G!" (c) Poet Man

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Adams View Post
    YES. I...cannot describe to you in words how much I loathe that show and the people on it. Makes me sick when I watch it.

kiobe> I'm with ya, it's vomitus!!
    I just recently switched to not having cable anymore, but I never really watched it. I mean, I like the History Channel, Science Channel, Discovery Channel, Boomerang, (I WOULD watch Nick Toons if I got it! And the Sci-Fi channel! D: ) and VH1 Classic. I'll miss it, I guess, but the computer makes up for all that, really.

I mostly watch old/canceled TV shows on DVDs.

But I would have to say a lot of the news broadcasts are a pack of lies. Really biased. I'd have to say the only news broadcasts I'll watch are Anderson Cooper's or Katie Couric's news braodcasts.

kiobe> It's funny to watch the major network news, I watch them for comedy content.

Cable is a bit better regarding what's on it. I can hardly stand the "regular" TV. Guh. Such...mind-numbing...poo.
    I love 'Now' and 'Frontline and 'Bill Moyers Journal' oh yea, Bill Mahar.

The Sound of Silence
    Are there any objective news stations that you guys know of? I would love to actually know what's going on in the world and with our government but I refuse to believe anything that is said by the local networks. And the newspapers aren't any better. The only news that I have been getting is from a couple MN radio stations and from having discussions with people online. Both of these have their positive and negative qualities as I'm sure all of the other media bull **** will as well.

Are there any objective news stations that you guys know of? I would love to actually know what's going on in the world and with our government but I refuse to believe anything that is said by the local networks. And the newspapers aren't any better. The only news that I have been getting is from a couple MN radio stations and from having discussions with people online. Both of these have their positive and negative qualities as I'm sure all of the other media bull **** will as well.
    For radio theres NPR and the public television station wherever you are. Where are you?

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    I refuse to believe anything that is said by the local networks.
    It HURTS to watch the local news. Really, it does. Mucho Deep Hurting. I think I remember reading an interview with Ray Bradbury and he said that if you watch the local news your mind will turn to jelly. I think he's not too far off.
    Last edited by Lily Adams; 07-26-2007 at 11:42 PM.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Adams View Post
    It HURTS to watch the local news. Really, it does. Mucho Deep Hurting. I think I remember reading an interview with Ray Bradbury and he said that if you watch the local news your mind will turn to jelly. I think he's no too far off.
    Synopsis of local news:
    Bad news, scarry bad news, more bad news, frightening news, scary news, weather, face melting bad news, cute local story. Repeat hourly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast