Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: how did you get to know your partner?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • in a relationship, got to know my partner throught "dating"/flirting (didn't know each other before)

0 0%
  • not in a relationship but "looking", use "dating" strangers to find a long-term partner

0 0%
  • I'm in a relationship and we met at work/school/univ/sports club etc

2 8.00%
  • I'm in a relationship and we met through mutual friends

2 8.00%
  • I'm married and we met through dating

0 0%
  • I'm married and we met through work/school/univ etc

6 24.00%
  • I'm married and we met through mutual friends

1 4.00%
  • arranged marriage

0 0%
  • single and not looking

11 44.00%
  • other

3 12.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Dating" - how does it work?

Blog Entries
    How my brother gets girls in 5 easy steps:

Step 1. Stand around
    Step 2: Take shirt off
    Step three: Be surrounded by girls.

What! do you think there were more?! Dammed male models!
    Shall these bones live?

Granny5...is that a picture of you?...you look like...me!!! We could almost be sisters!!!No kidding...spooky.....
    I love your story...sometimes magic happens!....I'm still hoping...but not holding my breath...I'm only 5'2....and still too much for any man!!! Cowards! LOL!

Bakiryu...I have 4 sons...they all do that....too funny!

Uncontrollable Flesh Video Drone's Avatar
    Eh, this keeps scaring me. How do you get boyfriends??? No idea. I'm sooooo uncommunicative, too... I scare people away.
    "Dullness. Ethereal, ephemeral, allegorical dullness. The blunt boredom rises from the gorge of her insufferable lips and floats like the tiniest feather of a long dead bird until it lands, naked and tired memory next to your fleshy feet. But she is gone now, away, away, like all the others, away, away! Only I, poet man, has chosen to stay. And I welcome you, travelers, to the memory catacombs of the Brunnen-G!" (c) Poet Man

Suzerain of Cost&Caution SleepyWitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny5 View Post
    It's been over 33 years since I dated! I was a single mother and met my husband while I was working at a resturant near the Universary he attended. I was his waitress. When he was leaving he asked if I's like to go to a party with him. Of course, I said no. He continued to come by while I was working and drink coffee and stare at me. He called me at work just about every night I was there. I refused to give him my phone number or tell him where I lived. Since he was doing radio news at the time I had my mother listen to him. She liked his voice and has this picture of what he would look like. She really thought I should go out with him even though she had never met or even seen him. This was very unusual for my mom. Anyway, the two of them wore me down and I finally met him for dinner. I took my 13 month daughter with me. He gave the appearance that this was a normal thing to do, deal with a small child while getting to know someone and having dinner. My daughter took to him like she had known him all her life and she was/is a very good judge of people. Anyway, I allowed him to take us home, well to my mother's home anyway. He kissed me goodnight. I told my mother that I was going to marry him based on that one kiss. It was magic and it still is magic. I don't know if I believe in love at first sight or first kiss, but in my case I knew that he was the life mate for me. Maybe it was preordianed. I don't know. I just know that it was right. I believe that my mother knew somehow that he was the right one. Or maybe she just loved his voice?
    Anyway, it was the best decission I ever made. He's a good guy most of the time.
    aaaaw, that's a really sweet story, Granny! I'm glad you gave him a chance and things worked out so well for your

Blog Entries
    well i never had a boyfriend ,but some one asked me to be his girlfriend and i dont know what to say???here is his photo:http://ashkan-khatibi.blogfa.com/
    Her heart is played like well worn strings; in her eyes the sadness sings; of one who was destined for better things.

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
    How my brother gets girls in 5 easy steps:

Step 1. Stand around
    Step 2: Take shirt off
    Step three: Be surrounded by girls.

What! do you think there were more?! Dammed male models!
    Hehe, sounds like some guys I know
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Love of Controversy rabid reader's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dating is fun. Its exciting unpredictible, plus I love meeting new people. Me and my current girlfriend never really dated per say, we lived in dorms and we just mostly watched movies and help each other with homework. Later on we went for dinner and stuff. But we still experinced all the dating stuff, getting to know each other, the laughs and the passion.

PS I suck at flurting. I tried to pick up my current g/f first time we met, I was completely loaded, idd embrassing things, is a mircle I am not alone then the next time we met she tried to pick me up instead, must tell you, that road is much easier to travel.
    A tragic situation exists precisely when virtue does not triumph but when it is still felt that man is nobler than the forces which destroy him.
    - Orwell

Read of my Shepherd

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm not a professional on dating, but I can tell you how I met my husband. We simply worked together. I started work when I was 15 and he was 3 years older and working at the same place. We became friends, but I started to date my manager. Now, my manager was 22 years old and really bad news. He was very immature and acted more like my age than anything. Anyway, he got in trouble for sexually harassing girls in another store. We broke things off, and I figure it was a good thing. I had started to have warm fuzzy feelings towards my friend. When my boyfriend and I had broken up, everything became really tense between us. Our mutual friends kept telling us we should hook up, but we kept ignoring the signs for a while. Finally I just walked in to work one day and demanded that we talk when he got off work. I was 16 by this point and we met for dinner. The rest is really just history. We fell into dating, he decided to join the Navy a year or so after we started to date. Then we fought all the time for a while, but we always kept coming back to the other. By the summer after I graduated, we decided to put everyone out of the misery and "make it permanent" as we called it We were in misery apart and all we did was take it out on the other, so if we couldn't live apart we decided we wouldn't. We were married a month later and have been happily married now for 5 years. Our whole relationship just sort of happened. No one really asked the other to date. We just started hanging out a lot and it turned into more. THere was no real marriage proposal. I know the whole down-on-one-knee thing would have been romantic, but ours was more along the lines of a hurried discussion in the car when he was passing through Ohio on his flight to Washington. We just clicked, I guess, but we've never really made concious decisions about our relationship. It just happened.

i'm single and not looking to date but i am looking to admire but certainly not to worship.
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly.
    --Shakespeare

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12