Thread: Hello, I'm a new member

Hello, I'm a new member

Hi. My name is Aileen and I just joined this site yesterday. I'm single and have a Masters Degree in Library and Information Science. I work in a university in New York. I'm a born again Christian and I love to read and write poetry. I'm an avid reader and a doll collector. I enjoy listening to all types of music. I also like to knit and crochet, it's very soothing. I was surfing the web looking for poetry forums and found this website. I look foward to spending time here.
    Nothing dims light which shines from within.

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AileenS View Post
    Hi. My name is Aileen and I just joined this site yesterday. I'm single and have a Masters Degree in Library and Information Science. I work in a university in New York. I'm a born again Christian and I love to read and write poetry. I'm an avid reader and a doll collector. I enjoy listening to all types of music. I also like to knit and crochet, it's very soothing. I was surfing the web looking for poetry forums and found this website. I look foward to spending time here.

Welcome. Aileen. I hope you find lots here to cheer you up or make you think and that you'll soon begin to post things of your own.

hey aileen i crochet as well. what is your favorite type of music, one valued over all the others?
    life philosophy: "if one wants to succeed, they must become independent, if one wants to be independent, one must strive past the dificulties, using them to shape future desicions, like a sword being folded, every fold is a hardship overcome, and every fold removes one more imperfection that would destroy the completed version"

# of 1st Dans, Black Belts achieved- 2 (1 Hapkido, Sun Moo Kwan), (1 Tae Kwon Do)

Blog Entries
    Hey Aileen, welcome to the forums! (You crochet X? )
    Shall these bones live?

yeah, I made a sweet strangling rope out of yarn, and i can wrap it around my face so nothing is identifiable,

aileen, ryu and i like to debate and war over all threads so we arent' just singling yours out, sometimes they get kinda funny
    life philosophy: "if one wants to succeed, they must become independent, if one wants to be independent, one must strive past the dificulties, using them to shape future desicions, like a sword being folded, every fold is a hardship overcome, and every fold removes one more imperfection that would destroy the completed version"

# of 1st Dans, Black Belts achieved- 2 (1 Hapkido, Sun Moo Kwan), (1 Tae Kwon Do)

Hi Aileen--looking forward to your thoughts!