Thread: Revelling in Poems

Revelling in Poems

I am a poet. Poetry is a domain of my intersts from my early childhood. My world of poetry range from ancient Sanskrit poems to modern western poems. I have read Shakespear, Milton, Pushkin, Lushsun, W.Wordsworth, and the rest of other top modern poets.

Where do poems differ from prose? In point of fact poems express some of our deeply embedded feelings where prose fails. Poems speak more of truth and prose is somewhat pruned nd refined in the process of writing.

Primeordia feelings, emotions and passions seated and conecealed deep down get expressed thru poems unpolished and unreifined.

In life poems of different types appeal to us at different stages of life. Like in you are at your youthful stage romatic poems appeal to you and when you keep on aging philosophical poems and mystical poems appeal to us. This is not always true of all. It may differ from perosns to persons.

In my case now though I have not come of age or too old to lose interest in romantic or love poems philosophical and mystic poems appeal to me immensely.

Khalil Gibran is my favorite. I got transferred by his book the Prophet. I do not know why I always find a new meaning in that book of poems.

Gibran must be a seer. He had plumbed human souls deeper and deeper and we feel swayed by some different realizations in life.

Unlearn everything you have learned before or meditate for a while to forget or to empty your mind of everything and read his poems repeatedly. Many secrets of life will b erevealed to you. I am damn sure.

Apart from Gibran I read Sufi Poems.

Poems have been integral to me and I feel elevated spiritually. Or else there is always a kind of rat race in this hectic modern world.

No other faculties of learning and knowledge appeal to me more than poems and appeal to the rest to read poems if they want to delve into deeper realms of life.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mod note: moved from General Literature.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

i hope one day you'll post your poems to us.