Thread: What is God?

What is God?

Maybe this question was already asked or the same question could have been asked through different titles and explanations. Yet I got tempted to scribble a few words notwithstanding the fact that God cannot be worded or attributed to anything.

So many disucssions were made held here and yet nothing can disambiguate the meaning or existence of God. God is something that is not within parameters or comprehensions of human minds. He is above.

There have been so many heated arguments centering about the existence of God and never ever anything can prove or disprove the existence of God.

I believe realization of God, if he really exists or exists in the manner scriptural texts give description of God or in the manner it is elucidated in philosophical treatises.

God is paranormal or a force that has little or nothing to do with mundane or realities. It has to do with virtual realities and virtual realities are things that are beyond comprehensions of human beings.

I decline all ideas or arguments can lead to understand the existence of God

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Blog Entries
    The existence of God is only known if one can look deeply enough into oneself. The truth is always existing, we only have to find the right ways to access it. For instance, the truth is within us, and we can access it by meditating upon images, chanting mantras. The only way we can know or see truth is if we learn to see, first. If we assume that everything we know falls short of truth, if we wish to have eyes to see truth, then we at least must learn how to see correctly anything there is to see. It is entirely possible to know God, to know the truth, and one can do so with practice. The truth that none can deny is that there is always more to know, more to understand.

God as I understand Him from all sources, is both the Primeval Lord and the Living God. He is the Creator-force behind the realms of reality. I envision God to have a body, which is neither great nor small, but as great in all dimensions as possible, infinite in all dimensions and realms; of supreme beauty, and power. Since God is omnipotent, His body is no different from His soul, and His soul no different from His body. I think God is the Absolute Truth, and thus the original Truth, the first expression of anything. God is the controller of all that exists, and thus He is the center of it all, at the highest of everything, maintaining the universe and all order.
    Last edited by NikolaiI; 09-04-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Thereby,the negotiations of God should be terminated,but not in my view.Since God is eminent by humanity,we should abide by his rules and teachings.Indeed,we do not know whether the God exist and govern us,but the Bible had cited about Him.If not for the existence of Bible, people would be in a pandemonium and adverse situation.No one then knows how to have magnanimity and respect.

Let God be a dominant role of us even though He does not exist.

Blog Entries
    You have an interesting point and I agree except I believe God does exist. We should play the role of servant to God because God is the First Power. I don't believe in just the bible, though, I also believe in the Gita and teachings of even people like Sri Aurobindo, or saints such as Milarepa or Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. I am also influenced by Buddhist ideas. I guess I mainly believe in God because of logic and order. All is subordinate to God, who is the Absolute Power and Supreme Controler. The Gita says that God exists in three parts, brahman, paramatma, and bhagavan. It explains Brahman is like the spiritual effulgence of God. Paramatma is the Supersoul-- God exists as Visnu in the heart of every living entity. The Supersoul is explained in a metaphor that there are two birds sitting on a tree. One is eating and partaking of sense gratification, and the other is watching, and not partaking. The one eating is the individual soul, and the one watching is the Supersoul. Bhagavan is, of course, the Personality of Godhead. Govinda, Krnsa. So Bhagavan is perfect and supreme; Bhagavan is the first. Before anything was, Bhagavan is. All else is subordinate to Bhagavan because Bhagavan is the blueprint or layout of everything else. Nothing can be but Bhagavan, therefore.

Bhagavan creates simply by being, and since Bhagavan is the source of any other source, all is of the original nature of Bhagavan.
    Last edited by NikolaiI; 09-05-2008 at 03:14 AM.