Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 586

Thread: And the word is...

  1. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    715
    It's a brave poem Pen, and beautifully done. I hope you share it with your wife, 'cos she's the one who needs to read it.

    One of my own:

    An Empty Heart

    It takes me just a moment
    to realise you are not here.

    Your name echoes around the
    empty chamber, reverberates off
    the walls until all
    that remains is
    a nebulous murmur.

    There was a time when
    the thought of you sent
    blood rushing; my veins
    pulsed to the beat
    of your voice.

    Then it was gone.
    And over time
    the muscles weakened,
    the valves closed;
    I am left alone
    in this lifeless
    silence.
    Last edited by Bii; 08-10-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Added a poem

  2. #257
    Ruadh gu brath ampoule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    From the mountains to the prairies to the oceans white with foam
    Posts
    2,742
    Blog Entries
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Heart was the word, correct. This one may be too personal, and if you think so, PM me, and I'll remove it. OK?

    Feeling empty againÖ


    Forgive me if I sound bitter
    Iíve tried so hard to understand
    I know your job is important
    And that things canít always go as planned
    But I just came through hell again yesterday
    And I can still smell the flames
    And here I sit again alone
    Iím not saying youíre to blame
    It just seems that when I need you most
    Other things always get in the way
    I canít fight this battle all alone
    I just donít have the strength
    God knows youíve been more wife to me
    Than I ever will deserve
    Iíd never have made it half this far
    If you hadnít helped to heal the hurt
    Oh, but I wish and long to be together
    To feel that magic once again
    To feel the pain get chased away
    By your fingers on my skin
    To gaze into those deep green eyes
    And fall in love with you all over again
    To feel the brush and taste of your sweet lips
    As you tell me Iím your man
    Oh dear God itís so hardó
    Feeling empty againÖ

    Pendragon
    © 6/25/05

    Heart out on the sleeve, perhaps, but heart...
    Please do not remove this Pendragon. Sadly, it speaks for hundreds, maybe thousands of marriages. Yes, it IS personal and it IS sad and troubling but it is....now what were we talking about on another thread....truth. You have poured out your heart for many with this beautiful poem.
    I'm in love with The Vinegar Man and Mr. Tanner, but be careful, it could just as easily be you.

    "If you're going to write you better have somewhere to come from." Flannery O'Connor

  3. #258
    Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    8,746
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Heart was the word, correct. This one may be too personal, and if you think so, PM me, and I'll remove it. OK?

    Feeling empty againÖ


    Forgive me if I sound bitter
    Iíve tried so hard to understand
    I know your job is important
    And that things canít always go as planned
    But I just came through hell again yesterday
    And I can still smell the flames
    And here I sit again alone
    Iím not saying youíre to blame
    It just seems that when I need you most
    Other things always get in the way
    I canít fight this battle all alone
    I just donít have the strength
    God knows youíve been more wife to me
    Than I ever will deserve
    Iíd never have made it half this far
    If you hadnít helped to heal the hurt
    Oh, but I wish and long to be together
    To feel that magic once again
    To feel the pain get chased away
    By your fingers on my skin
    To gaze into those deep green eyes
    And fall in love with you all over again
    To feel the brush and taste of your sweet lips
    As you tell me Iím your man
    Oh dear God itís so hardó
    Feeling empty againÖ

    Pendragon
    © 6/25/05

    Heart out on the sleeve, perhaps, but heart...
    I'm reminded of the naming ceremony of the newborn grand-daughter of a friend of mine, when the child's father held her in his arms and spoke his wishes for her future, among which was: "My daughter, I want you to be strong enough to admit when you are weak."

  4. #259
    Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    8,746
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ampoule View Post


    No silly, the new word hasn't been chosen yet. I was waiting for a few more people to tell us about laconic!
    My neighbours have taken to walking
    their pet anchovy
    at peculiar hours of the night. A rather
    laconic anchovy it is
    or perhaps it is saving its words
    of fish wisdom for some other
    Ďhood. This one
    is becoming decidedly dťclassť
    with that flashy marlin
    driving his pimp-mobile
    and the three dissimilar
    trout sisters with their perfectly
    identical Smart cars.
    How on earth do they know
    which belongs in which?
    If the anchovy knows
    he isnít telling.

  5. #260
    Ruadh gu brath ampoule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    From the mountains to the prairies to the oceans white with foam
    Posts
    2,742
    Blog Entries
    67
    Sounds fishy to me. Are you poking fun at some of us? It's very 'cute' with lots of fun images.

    Quote Originally Posted by CdnReader View Post
    Well, to follow "HOME", the next word is.....

    Heart
    Anyone else?
    Last edited by ampoule; 08-11-2007 at 08:35 AM.
    I'm in love with The Vinegar Man and Mr. Tanner, but be careful, it could just as easily be you.

    "If you're going to write you better have somewhere to come from." Flannery O'Connor

  6. #261
    seasonably mediocre Il Penseroso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    montana
    Posts
    1,113
    Blog Entries
    7
    Like a weary wanderer funnelled
    through his course, beating
    the last waves of a feather's lust
    for sky

    this feeling lingers in the chest

    as droplets do in tubes compressed.
    and somehow a dog
    has taken itself & its tail considerably away
    into the mountains or sea or sky, leaving
    behind: me, wag.
    - John Berryman

  7. #262
    Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mountains, SW VA
    Posts
    21,241
    Blog Entries
    133

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bii View Post
    It's a brave poem Pen, and beautifully done. I hope you share it with your wife, 'cos she's the one who needs to read it.
    Oh, she has read it. She is the rock that first convinced me to submmit my poetry to magazines and the rest is history. I always pour emotion into poems or songs, without it, I couldn't write.
    Thanks to all of you, and God Bless.

    Pen

    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

  8. #263
    solid motherhubbard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,574
    Blog Entries
    157
    I know the sound of two hearts beating
    One softly in a fast flutter
    The other like a battle drum
    The two intertwined in a rhythm that is not broken
    They grow together and mesh
    And as one begins to rest the other takes over
    To become the greater sound
    The stronger drum
    That faces the battle for both

  9. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    122
    I've only been able to read from post #256 onward today, and I am deeply touched by the poems Pen, amp, Bii, Il Penseroso, CdnR, and Mother.

  10. #265
    feathers firefangled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida near Tampa Bay
    Posts
    3,015

    Leaving Carolina

    Birds like black smoke rise
    from Autumn's fire. Cool nights
    pull fescue from its roots,
    and wire grass hunkers down
    under the brown and amber past.

    I am sad today that I must go,
    the Jonquils now are sleeping fast.
    Yet gold lies all around; to be,
    rather than to seem, a sign
    that first green too may last.

    My boot print leaves no trace
    in your mountain streams. Look
    there in a trout's face for me,
    or on a patch of once tended ground
    where rue grows with the columbine.

    What led me here I cannot say
    for sure, or what kept me here
    was ever meant to be,
    but I know my heart was blue
    long before I saw your skies.

  11. #266
    :) Stephweet :) stephofthenight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,544
    Blog Entries
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Heart was the word, correct. This one may be too personal, and if you think so, PM me, and I'll remove it. OK?

    Feeling empty againÖ


    Forgive me if I sound bitter
    Iíve tried so hard to understand
    I know your job is important
    And that things canít always go as planned
    But I just came through hell again yesterday
    And I can still smell the flames
    And here I sit again alone
    Iím not saying youíre to blame
    It just seems that when I need you most
    Other things always get in the way
    I canít fight this battle all alone
    I just donít have the strength
    God knows youíve been more wife to me
    Than I ever will deserve
    Iíd never have made it half this far
    If you hadnít helped to heal the hurt
    Oh, but I wish and long to be together
    To feel that magic once again
    To feel the pain get chased away
    By your fingers on my skin
    To gaze into those deep green eyes
    And fall in love with you all over again
    To feel the brush and taste of your sweet lips
    As you tell me Iím your man
    Oh dear God itís so hardó
    Feeling empty againÖ

    Pendragon
    © 6/25/05

    Heart out on the sleeve, perhaps, but heart...

    pen, beautifully bitter tears will be shed with this poem; but they need to be. it is a beautfiul poem, thank you for allowing us to read it.
    steph

    "Be careful of quotes you find on the internet, they may not always be true" -Abraham Lincon-

  12. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by firefangled View Post
    Birds like black smoke rise
    from Autumn's fire. Cool nights
    pull fescue from its roots,
    and wire grass hunkers down
    under the brown and amber past.

    I am sad today that I must go,
    the Jonquils now are sleeping fast.
    Yet gold lies all around; to be,
    rather than to seem, a sign
    that first green too may last.

    My boot print leaves no trace
    in your mountain streams. Look
    there in a trout's face for me,
    or on a patch of once tended ground
    where rue grows with the columbine.

    What led me here I cannot say
    for sure, or what kept me here
    was ever meant to be,
    but I know my heart was blue
    long before I saw your skies.
    This is really lovely and full of a sense of release. Thank you fire.


    And Steph. Thank you for quoting Pen's poem Feeling Empty Again ...
    This one is very moving Pen. It seems that love lost or love being lost is taking over now and I'm just so emotional.

  13. #268
    Ruadh gu brath ampoule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    From the mountains to the prairies to the oceans white with foam
    Posts
    2,742
    Blog Entries
    67
    Heart

    Tall, I stand against you and
    trace your heart with my fingertip,
    the scar so knobbly.

    Your skin, so rough, it scratches my cheek,
    but I place my ear against you
    and hear the pulse of seasons.

    Strong arms, I remember, lifted me high
    into the sky so I could see a robin's
    early breakfast or late night stars.

    I put my arms around you and squeeze
    and though you do not move,
    I know you like it.

    Again, with my fingertip, I trace your heart
    and the arrow and two chiseled names,
    with tears for the pain it caused you.
    I'm in love with The Vinegar Man and Mr. Tanner, but be careful, it could just as easily be you.

    "If you're going to write you better have somewhere to come from." Flannery O'Connor

  14. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    122
    This is charming amp.

  15. #270
    Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    8,746
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by motherhubbard View Post
    I know the sound of two hearts beating
    One softly in a fast flutter
    The other like a battle drum
    The two intertwined in a rhythm that is not broken
    They grow together and mesh
    And as one begins to rest the other takes over
    To become the greater sound
    The stronger drum
    That faces the battle for both
    Those three opening lines are like the stirring sounds of a battle hymn! and the rest is more than up to them. What a moment or two or three it must have been for you in writing them! Did you perhaps get up afterwards, throw open your front door and shout out to the evening sky I've just written a bloody good poem!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •