Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Calling All Filipinos!!!

HiHi!!!

I'm a pino as well. Nice to hear there are "kababayans" hear. =)

Bex, I'm a fan. Although I've only read The Alchemist. Looking forward to read some more of his other books. And Looking forward to getting to know you lot. =)

Blog Entries
    Any Filipino present at this moment???

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

I *asked* for my account to be "deleted"
    Blog Entries
    sagot! sagot! at ako'y tinatamad na. nakakahilo mag ingles dito sa LitNet. magbasa tayo ng book. Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather. recommend ko yan basahin niyo yan mga bata! kahit nasa work, kahit nasa bus, basa hala. lol hahaha.

Death Comes for the Archbishop is actually on my TBR longlist. Among Cather's works I have read Alexander's Bridge and My Antonia both of which I liked but would not consider my absolute favorites. Right now I'm reading The Poisonwood Bible, I very highly recommend it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bartholomew View Post
    sagot! sagot! at ako'y tinatamad na. nakakahilo mag ingles dito sa LitNet. magbasa tayo ng book. Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather. recommend ko yan basahin niyo yan mga bata! kahit nasa work, kahit nasa bus, basa hala. lol hahaha.

Hi there Sir! dumudugo na nga ilong ko sa kaka-english! But still I prefer English in some conversations on-line. I'll try to read that one. Perhaps this week.
    thanks

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

on the other side tiny explorer's Avatar
    hi guys!!!pinoy here!!! T'has been almost 2 years since i visited the forum!!! i missed this so much!!! and nice to know you guys!!!mabuhay!!!
    SSSSIMPLY _SHREWD

hi guys!!!pinoy here!!! T'has been almost 2 years since i visited the forum!!! i missed this so much!!! and nice to know you guys!!!mabuhay!!!
    SSSSIMPLY _SHREWD

hi guys!!!aku din pu pinoy!!! it feels so good!! T'has been two years since i last visited the forums!!nice to know you!!
    SSSSIMPLY _SHREWD

Blog Entries
    Oh hi there! you sent that post three times! A nice way of being noticed! By the way, it's great having you here, continue posting here at litnet and try to make it a habit of visiting this net. I found it interesting here.! Taga san ka?

--eye

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

ammmm.... san mateo,rizal?you know my place? and im working somwhere in q.c.......yup ive posted the msg thrice.well,unintentionally!!! my pc is abnoy!!
    SSSSIMPLY _SHREWD

Blog Entries
    Yeah i'm familiar with the place but I haven't gone there. You're really far from where I am now. I'm from Iloilo by the way. working? what kind?

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

wow yeah your far!! im working in a call center...hsbc...you?
    SSSSIMPLY _SHREWD

Blog Entries
    I'm still a student. College student in particular.

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Blog Entries
    hello sa inyo. ako work sa Ermita. ang sagwa pakinggan no? pag sinabi mong nag work ka sa Ermita, parang kang prostitute, hehehe. anyway grabe bagyo pera salamat at di bumaha dito sa amin. sa tuesday nga pala manila day, no work kaya magalalaba ako habang nagabasa ng mga Henry James. galing lang ako sa mall tapos may nakita ako mura book ni Henry James. bale two in one siya What Maisie Knew + The Spoils of Poynton. so ibig sabihin todo na at tuloy na ang aking Henry James marathon. punta kayo sa blog ko pag gusto niyo makita progress. mag start ako sa Tuesday kasi di ko pa rin tapos tong Death Comes for the Archbishop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bouquin View Post
    Death Comes for the Archbishop is actually on my TBR longlist. Among Cather's works I have read Alexander's Bridge and My Antonia both of which I liked but would not consider my absolute favorites. Right now I'm reading The Poisonwood Bible, I very highly recommend it.

DCFTA is the only cather i've read, but it's like no other works i've encountered. it's a gentle book and one of my favourites. i'm sure to look for the poisonwood bible, i'm starting to get interested in missionary life, maybe i'll turn into a priest, lol.