Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

I really hope this hasn't been done. Sorry in advance if it already has.

Discuss upcoming movies that you really would like to see.

1. Sweeney Todd. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408236/) I'm a huge Tim Burton fan, so I can't miss this one.

2. Enchanted. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0461770/) Okay. So the movie trailer got me. When I saw that it was a Disney film and that it was about a princess and it was in 2-D on top of all that, I literally had a seizure in my movie theater seat. I know it's only in 2-D animation for a fraction of the movie, but it still made me almost wee my pants. i got really dissapointed when it switched to live acting, but then I got all happ again because it looks like an awesome movie anyway.

3. The Princess and the Frog. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780521/) After getting all hyped up on Enchanted, I did some research and stumbled across this movie coming out in 2009. It's Disney's first full-length 2-D animated film since Home on the Range. To be honest, I'm sick of the new computerized animated films about cute talking animals. I know that before the Switch there were 2-D movies about cute talking animals, but it seems to me that they never have any ones about princesses anymore. And I miss 2-D too much. (No pun intended there.) I mean, the new stuff is alright, but it gets old really fast. It's just not as pretty in my opinion. And 2-D reminds me of back in the good old days. (I feel old now.)

I think so many people got mad at Disney when they switched completely so they changed their minds. I'm happy.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Blog Entries
    I'm so excited about Sweeney Todd!

1-Johnny Depp AND Alan Rickman(YAY!) are in it
    2-Tim Burton-enough said
    3-Great Play!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Anarchy View Post
    I'm so excited about Sweeney Todd!

1-Johnny Depp AND Alan Rickman(YAY!) are in it
    2-Tim Burton-enough said
    3-Great Play!

Oh yeah!

"Meat pies! Meat pies for sale!" >: D

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Blog Entries
    Alan Rickman=Love...he is amazing...goes back to that older guy thing I guess!

Blog Entries
    Alan Rickman=Love...he is amazing...goes back to that older guy thing I guess!
    You're cool.

I was going to say that his voice makes me melt in my earlier post, but I thought it would sound too creepy or weird. So I'm gonna say it now. Alan Rickman's voice makes me melt. The end.

Blog Entries
    OMG! I KNOW!!!! I was going to say that too! His mouth and his intense eyes!! Do you know who else does that, Matthew Macfadyen from Pride and Prejudice(2005). His mouth and voice is pretty darn sexy! He has a new movie coming out that seems pretty funny.

Blog Entries
    I like him best as Marvin the Paranoid Android from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Marvin is so cute!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Adams View Post
    You're cool.

I was going to say that his voice makes me melt in my earlier post, but I thought it would sound too creepy or weird. So I'm gonna say it now. Alan Rickman's voice makes me melt. The end.
    I do like Alan Rickman's voice but I wouldn't call it sexy. That is however, just my opinion.

My favorite line of his comes from Galaxy Qwest, which is about these TV actors who star on a TV show similar to Star Trek. Some aliens see the TV show, which has somehow been transmitted through space, but the aliens think the show is real, so they recruit the actors to save their race (or maybe it was their planet). I just remember Alan Rickman's character sitting at some promotion for a store opening in his costume saying "What a savings" and he just delivered the line so well and conveyed the disgust and boredom of the character so perfectly.

And then there was Professor Snape telling the students to turn to page 394 in The Prisoner of Azkaban.

(okay so I am off-topic. Sorry)
    Last edited by Shalot; 06-18-2007 at 08:40 PM.
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Blog Entries
    Harry Potter
    Shrek 3
    Northern Lights(not out til december though! )
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Shrek 3 wasn't bad...not nearly as good as the past two. I can't wait for Harry Potter! I also can't wait for the Golden Compass to come out.

Lover of all things epic
    I also can't wait for the Golden Compass to come out.
    Me neither! I love the books so much and can't wait to see what they've done with them. I just hope there hasn't been too much taking of artistic license as with some adaptations I could mention.
    "Haunt me, take any form. Only, do not leave me in this abyss where I cannot find you."

Blog Entries
    forgot that Northern Lights is called the Golden Compass in the states...
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Adams View Post
    You're cool.

Naturally, you Alan Rickman fans have seen Truly, Madly, Deeply?

Harry Potter -- now that I have finally seen (just last week) the series, I am anxious to see this one, due out in July.

And, slightly off topic -- I, too, adore Alan Rickman. Excellent actor and his voice is great! Look forward to seeing him again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
    Naturally, you Alan Rickman fans have seen Truly, Madly, Deeply?
    I really wouldn't call myself a big fan, but I do like his work, though.

I've seen bits and pieces of it. But not the whole thing.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast