Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Have you done anything interesting lately?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Have you done anything interesting lately?

I thought it might be fun to start a thread and see what everyone else has been doing, or will be doing now that it is getting to be summer time. If you haven't done anything interesting recently what are your planning to do? What would you like to do but don't have the time?

The most interesting thing I've done lately is to go and explore one of the local parks, Fort Casey. We were actually able to walk into the abandoned fort this time and take a look around. We all had a great time. I'm also anticipating a summer of outside activities like hiking, picnics, and whale watching from some of the local areas now that it is getting to be summer time. We are really looking foward to catching glimpses of the killer whale pods again.

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    Well, today I accidentally swallowed a toothpick that was in one of the flautas my mom made for dinner and I went to ER and the triage nurse there was a MSTie. (She saw my Mystery Science Theater 3000 t-shirt) Is that interesting?

AND THEN THEY OPERATED ON ME.

Just kidding. I went home because they said it would probably go away. The toothpick is still kind of irritating me, though. Hopefully it won't puncture one of my intestines. But it probably won't. And this isn't the place to talk about that.

Back on topic: for the summer I have a whole list of stuff to do, like write a couple famous people, go to San Francisco, have an MST3K marathon, learn binary, watch plenty of YouTube, (DEVO videos, yay.) teach myself some stuff from academic subjects so I won't get stupid over the summer...etc., etc.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Blog Entries
    I hope that toothpick would go down, Lily! Take care :nods:

I haven't been doing anything worth noting,, but tomorrow, tomorrow(!) I will go to ma sis Lain's fashion show! yay, I'm beyond excited. I often dont get to see her shows because I have babysitting lol I think, I will try to shoot some photographs of her
    Dreams! adorations! illuminations! religions!
    the whole boatload of sensitive !

Allen Ginsberg, Howl II.

Good for you, Toni! I'll be in the fashion show too... I'll just let my astral get out of my body, so I that I could go with you.... hahe...

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Adams View Post
    Well, today I accidentally swallowed a toothpick that was in one of the flautas my mom made for dinner and I went to ER and the triage nurse there was a MSTie. (She saw my Mystery Science Theater 3000 t-shirt) Is that interesting?

Just kidding. I went home because they said it would probably go away. The toothpick is still kind of irritating me, though. Hopefully it won't puncture one of my intestines. But it probably won't. And this isn't the place to talk about that.

Back on topic: for the summer I have a whole list of stuff to do, like write a couple famous people, go to San Francisco, have an MST3K marathon, learn binary, watch plenty of YouTube, (DEVO videos, yay.) teach myself some stuff from academic subjects so I won't get stupid over the summer...etc., etc.
    Wow, that's scary! Hope you pass it comfortably. I bought 9 little two inch koi for my pond. There really fast, they scoot around like colorfull little comets. Mystery Science theatre is one of my top faves!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Adams View Post

Wow... Interesting but not too much fun. I hope everything works out alright. Any subject you prefer to look over or dare i guess the obvious and it is english San Francisco sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by toni View Post
    I hope that toothpick would go down, Lily! Take care :nods:

I haven't been doing anything worth noting,, but tomorrow, tomorrow(!) I will go to ma sis Lain's fashion show! yay, I'm beyond excited. I often dont get to see her shows because I have babysitting lol I think, I will try to shoot some photographs of her
    I've never been to a fashion show. Are they any fun?

Quote Originally Posted by mkhockenberry View Post
    I've never been to a fashion show. Are they any fun?
    If you are a guy who likes to watch naked skeletons, yeah it's fun.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    If you are a guy who likes to watch naked skeletons, yeah it's fun.
    I don't qualify then Turk. First I'm a girl and into guys so Plus I don't normally like to see women who are too skinny. Curves are much better, but maybe I'm just envious that I could never have one of those nice willowy body types. Who knows, but I'm not into clothes anyway so I guess it doesn't sound like too much fun to me. I know plenty of people who live for that kind of thing, though.

Blog Entries
    Haha, I totally agree. Curves are in. Bones are out. Trust me.

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, all of you. It really was nothing. My stomach acids ripped it to shreds by now.

Mystery Science theatre is one of my top faves!
    One of the best things on the planet. <3 I seriously love that show too much.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

I've made a big decision .... i'm moving with work to China for about a year, working for the same company i'm currently working for.
    I'm scared as hell because it will be so far away from home but on the other side looking forward to having this experience.

I will be staying in Shanghai, I've heard it's a beautiful city ........ and i'll let you know how everything works out as soon as i get there (in a month).

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    I've made a big decision .... i'm moving with work to China for about a year, working for the same company i'm currently working for.
    I'm scared as hell because it will be so far away from home but on the other side looking forward to having this experience.

I will be staying in Shanghai, I've heard it's a beautiful city ........ and i'll let you know how everything works out as soon as i get there (in a month).
    Moira you are lucky I'd give anything for a change of place right now (even if it was for a month ). Don't be afraid. I am sure you'll have fun. After all it's only for a year. Even if you don't like the place it will pass.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post

I hope you have a great time. I would love to go overseas for work for a year or two. I'm hoping when I finish my marketing degree this will be a pssibility. I would be scared also, but just think how fun it will be to really experience a different place. Not just for a week or two on vacation, but to live there for a whole year and get a true glimpse of what it is like. You aren't going to be stuck just seeing the tourist aspects.

Hi Manolia and Mkhockenberry,

I agree it is a great experience and of course living there for a year will be different than visiting as a turist and i think it is an amazing country. I often feel i know so little about the world ........
    The only thing that scares me is that i will be far away from my family and friends and i am kind of 'addicted' to them. I've never been away for such a long time and so far away .......
    Anyway, it is an experience i could not refuse and i am very excited.