Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 409 of 414 FirstFirst ... 309359399404405406407408409410411412413414 LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 6204

Thread: Random Thought of the Day

Helga, I have to say that in the context of your post, your Mr. Spock quote is hilarious.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Blog Entries
    I drink my bad tea mixed with good, strong tea and that makes it OK. I try to buy expensive tea and coffee cause I know it usually is better, this was just a bad brand, and it's Darjeeling, I love that.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Darjeeling's cool. I'm into the lapsang souchang heavily, I drink it day and night. I buy it in huge bags from Amazon.
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

Blog Entries
    sounds good, might check it out.

Apparently I don't just talk to the tv I talk to books and the newspaper too, my son pointed it out, he found it odd.

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    sounds good, might check it out.

Apparently I don't just talk to the tv I talk to books and the newspaper too, my son pointed it out, he found it odd.
    You talk to the TV. I am glad to read this, as it is a steady habit of mine. I am forever rewriting the show as I'm watching it, because shows generally don't go the way I want them to. I insert lines of dialogue, play along, as it were. I comment to the characters, writers and producers. I keep thinking that when interactive VR comes along, driven by AI that will respond to your wishes and moods on the fly, I will at last find satisfaction. I hope.

Now on to my random thought, namely that it is the 11th of February and already the sun is setting entirely too late in the day. I want my short days and darkness back, all this brightness is like a swarm of bees attacking me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Cheddar View Post

Now on to my random thought, namely that it is the 11th of February and already the sun is setting entirely too late in the day. I want my short days and darkness back, all this brightness is like a swarm of bees attacking me.
    YES, my favourite time of year here on the ice is December and January, when the sun rises around noon and sets at three, it's perfect. I can feel my mood sink when the sun rises early and sets late. Darkness all the way!

but today my son is home sick, so not much work getting done, I have so much work to get through for my thesis and it's a slow motion day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Cheddar View Post

YES, my favourite time of year here on the ice is December and January, when the sun rises around noon and sets at three, it's perfect. I can feel my mood sink when the sun rises early and sets late. Darkness all the way!

but today my son is home sick, so not much work getting done, I have so much work to get through for my thesis and it's a slow motion day.

Adele was recently reported to have passed the billion dollar mark. Now that's from three albums, I think. Blimey. You know you're popular when you release a few gramophone records and you're a billionaire.

After black history month, can we have cilantro history month?

Where's the doctor when you need him?

Doctor Hunter S. Thompson, that is. Keeeeee-riest he would be having fun this election year.
    Uhhhh...

In the Devil's Dictionary, I mentioned horses and cows evolving and one day being our overlords. Well, it seems canines have gotten a head start. I'll say this for old Elmo, he sounds better than One Direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xshp5C2foBU

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Still here, leaning into this machine.

Some of the Japanese sex dolls/bots coming out now are starting to approach the point of realism. They just need to give them flat heads so I can rest my drink on my dream girl while I, er, make use of her.

Blog Entries
    My friend was graduating yesterday and I went to a small party, didn't enjoy it, people are very ignorant and annoying and there was not a bookcase in the house! How is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    My friend was graduating yesterday and I went to a small party, didn't enjoy it, people are very ignorant and annoying and there was not a bookcase in the house! How is that possible?
    I heard it said not long ago, never trust anyone whose television is bigger than their bookcase. I like that, except that since I went all electronic and audiobooks, I have no more bookcase and have a big HDTV. ;-) And let me second what you said about people, ignorant, annoying, and most of them are dumber than a sack full of hammer handles.