Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 204 of 414 FirstFirst ... 104154194199200201202203204205206207208209214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 6204

Thread: Random Thought of the Day

If you poke someone with a stick they will get mad.
    But if you poke a stick with someone the stick won't care..
    "I'm farther from doing what I want to do than I was 20 years ago"

~~H.P.Lovecroft~~

Join the Church Of Cthulhu!!

I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold and leaves of gold there grew. Of wind, I sang and wind there came and in the branches blew!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

It is a local holiday tomorrow. Hurray and God Bless Cricket!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

This morning my captors demanded I give them three reasons why they shouldn't kill me right there on the spot.

I couldn't even think of one!

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    All my thoughts are questins, most of them are self directed.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar

~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    Three crosses
    on place called Golgotha.
    Gods' signature?

by fs
    If you believe even a half of this post, you are severely mistaken.

Hugh Jackman is gorgeous most especially as Leopold in Kate and Leopold. Come on X3!

What should I have for lunch? I don't want to stay in the office, there should be a park around here.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

It is overwhelming to contemplate how many people there are living on this planet, each unique and so individual and each a 'once upon a time.'

Blog Entries
    Why is it that every single law student I know gets all excited when you mention to him(her) that there's going to be a trial for murder at the regional court? It's not like there's anything funny in that. But I admit I get excited too. Though I didn't go watch the trial yesterday, I thought it was kind of creepy.
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

Does anyone else believe this forum has been hijacked by those who would rather debate religious questions, and hardly reference these to the literature from which they spring, rather than questions concerning literature? I want to see threads dedicated to the rise of literary movements such as transcendentalism, romanticism, symbolism, etc.; but instead I'm bombarded with religious bickering that amounts to nothing because each individual is too preoccupied with convincing the other of their own righteousness that nothing at all could be accomplished. This is a literature forum, not a religious forum. I don't mind this argumentation in moderation, and do admit to having learned a lot about other religions from this forum, but I come here to discuss literature, not religion.

Quote Originally Posted by chmpman
    Does anyone else believe this forum has been hijacked by those who would rather debate religious questions, and hardly reference these to the literature from which they spring, rather than questions concerning literature? I want to see threads dedicated to the rise of literary movements such as transcendentalism, romanticism, symbolism, etc.; but instead I'm bombarded with religious bickering that amounts to nothing because each individual is too preoccupied with convincing the other of their own righteousness that nothing at all could be accomplished. This is a literature forum, not a religious forum. I don't mind this argumentation in moderation, and do admit to having learned a lot about other religions from this forum, but I come here to discuss literature, not religion.
    Sometimes discussing other things beside literature is relaxing or fun or invigorating much like the general and games section.

Random thought: Sometimes I forget how nice people are until I get a pm or an e-mail from a nice person I've never met before.

I do agree, I was just venting some frustration built up while reading a thread that began with a question about what came before religion or God, and moved to predestination and God's omniscience. Perhaps you've read the thread. I just thought neither side made any progress throughout the argument, despite continued argument, and this built up some inner frustration in me.

Random thought: I really should quit screwing around on the forum to focus on schoolwork.

random thought,
    why is it inevitable you will always crave something to eat that you either don't have on hand nor have the ingredients to prepare that day.
    And yes I wish we could stop all this religious bickering stuff or every thread started will be locked.then we'll have to go somewhere else
    LITERATURE ROCKS.