Thread: Christ debate

Christ debate

If anyone was has an issue with the believe in God, and is wise enough to know that none of us are knowledgeable of the exact nature of all things. If you wishes to quote Christ and say why you disagree with him, then it is my believe that you find your quarrel because you didn't understand what he meant. I will try and explain. I realize that many agnostics and atheist are upset at religious assumptions, and let me state that I am not assuming of anything to do with judgment, as it is not in my hands. Therefore, being liberal minded, I also see ignorance in assumption. The beginning of The Gospel of John spells out ominously exactly what is at issue. "In Him (God) was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." IT IS THAT SIMPLE PEOPLE! Have anyone of you loved, mourned, became mad at injustice, thought the world a savage and unfair.
    "Why describe the hole, I mean it is a hole; So why describe it?" - Anonymous

Sorry, but I don't get your point. Could you rephrase your question/statement?
    Sweet is the voice from far away
    That speaks sotto voce and
    Is lingering there in the golden air
    To quiet the day

I am simply trying show that all people have understanding and goodness in them, and that these things, through Johns statement are uniform in God. In other words they to not die with the man; And if anyone would quote Christ and say why they disagree, I would try and provide argument.

The Word is Serendipitous Lote-Tree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by linz View Post
    If anyone was has an issue with the believe in God, and is wise enough to know that none of us are knowledgeable of the exact nature of all things.

I don't have any issue with anyone's belief. But if you are putting up a intellectual challenge then I can engage in it.

So let's see.

If you wishes to quote Christ and say why you disagree with him, then it is my believe that you find your quarrel because you didn't understand what he meant.
    What is there to disagree. The Sermon on the Mount is a brilliant piece of poetry.

I realize that many agnostics and atheist are upset at religious assumptions
    Not upset at all. Why should one be upset? It is when you challenge people with it as something objectively verifiable then that challenge should be met.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE PEOPLE! Have anyone of you loved, mourned, became mad at injustice, thought the world a savage and unfair.
    If God were to remove the savageness and unfairness with the wave of his staff - I wonder would we learn anything?

Is not strive and struggle make us grow spiritually and intellecutally?
    I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
    Some letter of that After-life to spell:
    And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
    And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell :"

Blog: Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree and Poetry and Tales

Quote Originally Posted by Lote-Tree View Post
    I don't have any issue with anyone's belief. But if you are putting up a intellectual challenge then I can engage in it.

So let's see.

What is there to disagree. The Sermon on the Mount is a brilliant piece of poetry.

Not upset at all. Why should one be upset? It is when you challenge people with it as something objectively verifiable then that challenge should be met.

If God were to remove the savageness and unfairness with the wave of his staff - I wonder would we learn anything?

Is not strive and struggle make us grow spiritually and intellecutally?
    And if the Sermon mere poetry then I suppose it not a Sermon. When I first read this literature, I mean the first time I understood; I was dumbfounded. I felt like a horrible person. What I'm trying to get at, is not one word of Christ can be proven incorrect. And that Christ himself did not explain the overall mystery of the earth, as will come in the end time from the sweet and bitter book which fulfills God's mystery. But all of the deep and beautiful symbolism used by Christ sets up its coming.

Lote-Tree,

From having read some of your posts, I can tell you are spiritual. Spiritual people believe, as you put it roughly 'there are as many ways to God as there are stars in the heavens'; But with the assumption of God, could Christ be 'the spirit of prophecy', and the golden-rule be, 'the law of the prophets'?

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Please read the Forum rules:
    In light of the recent increase in the number of posts and references lacking tolerance towards others' views and beliefs, the Religious Texts Forum Rules will be implemented vigorously as of now and only new threads with questions about or directly discussing 'Religious Texts'* will be permitted as per Rule No. 5.

*eg: Torah, Quar'an, Bible(s), Upanishad etc.

Off-topic posts/Posts which are in violation of these rules will be edited/deleted without any further notice and those who persist in a similar vein will be issued Time-Outs as well as infraction points which might lead to temporary or permanent loss of Forum privileges.
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...231#post392231
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~