Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down with Free Speech!

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Down with Free Speech!

Name the subject you would most like to see banned from public (and, if possible, private) discourse:

Religion
    Politics
    Sex
    Economics
    UFOs
    Sports

Or add your own and explain your choice.

MENSTRUATION!!

I can't tell you how many times I've sat down to a meal (usually spaghetti) in front of the television and been confronted with a Kotex commercial. "Oooow, I have such a heavy flow" "Uuuummmm....I don't feel so fresh" BLECK!!!

There goes MY appetite!

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Agree fully, I have no need to know about that nonsense - especially when eating.

**EDIT**

Really any woman who wants to make a guy uncomfortable needs only do one of 2 things:

1) Ask him if he was breastfed

2) Discuss your "feminine problems"
    Last edited by kilted exile; 06-19-2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Addition
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

Blog Entries
    Ditto on "manly" issues such as jock itch and erectile dysfunction.

But of course, "true" freedom of speech is a seperate issue from private censorship. Freedom of speech is generally understood to be free from reprisal from the government over "unpopular" speech. Private censorship is something that is imposed by private entities...business corporations, internet message boards and the like. As private citizens we have no more right to limit "private discourse" or in other words...what other people discuss in their own homes as we do to limit what food they put on their table, or what brand of soap they buy.

Ooops, sorry. This is in the games section so I won't be serious any longer. Um...down with discussions about everything I think is boring! That means football, whether "American" style or not!!
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Blog Entries
    I agree with kilted and bib --- those commercials for FH products are unnecessary and embarrassing. I used to hate it when those "do you douche?" commercials would come on when I was watching tv with my dad or gramps.

Do they think we can't figure out what to do without them telling us what to buy? And did you know that the whole FH industry is really unnecessary? We could all just take some BC bills and there would be no need for those ridiculous commercials.
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

I actually agree. I'm a girrrrl, but I really don't like those commercials and I rarely even walk into the aisle where they sell them at the market. Blood is icky.
    "It is when the feet weary and hope seems vain that the heartaches and the longings arise. Know, then, that for you is neither surfeit nor content. In your rocking chair, by your window dreaming, shall you long, alone. In your rocking chair, by your window, shall you dream such happiness as you may never feel."
    -- Sister Carrie

If nobody wants those advertises why do they broadcast them?

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    If nobody wants those advertises why do they broadcast them?
    'There's no such thing as bad publicity.'
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

Those "Here's Bob! Encite comercial make me want to hurl-- preferably Bob's grinning idot face off the Empire State Building!
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Blog Entries
    As long as we are on the topic of advertisments...I really hate "Preperation H" commercials of people wiggling around on chairs while complaining of "itching and burning". Too...much...information. In fact, if it is about a bodily function other than eating, I don't want to see commercials about it. Even some of the food commercials are just sort of icky. I refuse to believe eating a hamburger can inspire semi-orgasmic bliss.
    Douglas Adams

Zippy the Pinhead

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Those "Here's Bob! Encite comercial make me want to hurl-- preferably Bob's grinning idot face off the Empire State Building!
    Pen, I'll gladly hold the window open while you chuck Bob out!!

Quote Originally Posted by kathycf View Post
    As long as we are on the topic of advertisments...I really hate "Preperation H" commercials of people wiggling around on chairs while complaining of "itching and burning". Too...much...information. In fact, if it is about a bodily function other than eating, I don't want to see commercials about it. Even some of the food commercials are just sort of icky. I refuse to believe eating a hamburger can inspire semi-orgasmic bliss.
    Kathy, We're seeing eye-to-eye on that one, too. And the Gas-X ads....just fart and get it over with!

What about those awful Pepto-Bismol commercials with the "indigestion, heartburn, diarrhea" song AND dance!! It's a good thing my partner is fast with the mute button!!

laudator temporis acti andave_ya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh man! You guys are hilarious! My little sister used to do spoofs of that Pepto-Bismol commercial and everyone'd just laugh and laugh. But yeah to all these suggestions...ugh, some of them really make me blush !
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BibliophileTRJ View Post
    Pen, I'll gladly hold the window open while you chuck Bob out!!

Kathy, We're seeing eye-to-eye on that one, too. And the Gas-X ads....just fart and get it over with!

What about those awful Pepto-Bismol commercials with the "indigestion, heartburn, diarrhea" song AND dance!! It's a good thing my partner is fast with the mute button!!
    Oh that Bob guy...he looks like he needs a good swift kick in the posterior. Enhance that, pally.

I am not sure which is worse, the Pepto song or the dance....I wonder how much the diarrhea lady got paid? Especially when she holds her butt to signify her "distress". Can you imagine being a struggling actor and calling your family or friends to celebrate about this job?

"Hey guess what! I just got a job on Pepto Bismol ad...I have the diarrhea! Yay!"
    Douglas Adams

Zippy the Pinhead

Blog Entries
    KitKats!
    The damn propaganda here starts tiring us at some times.
    If you believe even a half of this post, you are severely mistaken.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BibliophileTRJ View Post

And the Gas-X ads....just fart and get it over with!

I have to disagree with you on that one. The gas x commercial with the flatualent guy at the meeting is funny. Farting is absurd and funny for some reason and I think that commercial was good.

And I like the indigestion heartburn diarrhea song. Well done. These are problems people of all ages can relate to and I don't mind those commercials at all.
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast