Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Can a Christian be a Buddhist? Vice-versa?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JCamilo View Post
    You are really arguing jews broken the convenant even before they have build even Jerusalem?
    They had already served the golden calf at that point. However, God is saying here that He knew that they would break the covenant.
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Oh, I am not minding what God intented, specially considering Moses renew the convenant. You just pointed the christian take on Jesus being a renew on the convernant and this time, opening it to the entire world, as the jews broke it for good and he mentions this break is in Moses time?

Oh, I am not minding what God intented, specially considering Moses renew the convenant. You just pointed the christian take on Jesus being a renew on the convernant and this time, opening it to the entire world, as the jews broke it for good and he mentions this break is in Moses time?
    Old covenant laid to waste:

Hosea 1:2 When the LORD began to speak through Hosea, the LORD said to him, "Go, take to yourself an adulterous wife and children of unfaithfulness, because the land is guilty of the vilest adultery in departing from the LORD."

Prophecy of the new covenant:

Jeremiah 31-34 “The time is coming,” declares the Lord,
    “when I will make a new covenant
    with the house of Israel
    and with the house of Judah.

32 It will not be like the covenant
    I made with their forefathers
    when I took them by the hand
    to lead them out of Egypt,
    because they broke my covenant,
    though I was a husband to them,”
    declares the Lord.

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
    after that time,” declares the Lord.
    “I will put my law in their minds
    and write it on their hearts.
    I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.

34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
    or a man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
    because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest,”
    declares the Lord.
    “For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more.”

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hebrews 8:8 But God found fault with the people and said: "The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

The New Covenant:

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.
    Last edited by ShadowsCool; 04-13-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    shad·ow ing

Oh, good, so you have agreed that claimming God was breaking the convenant with Moses was rather a bad example and you can give now some examples of christian appropriation of jewish texts as if they ceased to pratice and write holy books after first century.

Oh, good, so you have agreed that claimming God was breaking the convenant with Moses was rather a bad example and you can give now some examples of christian appropriation of jewish texts as if they ceased to pratice and write holy books after first century.
    What do you mean? Just don't get your answer. As if you speak another language. You wanna spell it out?
    shad·ow ing

Blog Entries
    I'm with Shadows on this one...what are you trying to say?
    Les Miserables,
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Blog Entries
    Everyone just ignores my post even though I was a Zen Buddhist for several years and am now seriously deep into Christianity. Right on. lol. Good discussion regardless. Cheers brainy peeps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy88 View Post
    Everyone just ignores my post even though I was a Zen Buddhist for several years and am now seriously deep into Christianity. Right on. lol. Good discussion regardless. Cheers brainy peeps.
    Look....Darcy is here.....when did you show up?
    Les Miserables,

Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    I'm with Shadows on this one...what are you trying to say?
    Nah, sorry. His problem is not how a text is writen. A guy who uses a dialogue between God and Moses as an evidence of God breaking the convenant with the Hebrews is just someone who is not exactly understanding well the story.

Nah, sorry. His problem is not how a text is writen. A guy who uses a dialogue between God and Moses as an evidence of God breaking the convenant with the Hebrews is just someone who is not exactly understanding well the story.
    "His" problem is you speak in a "cryptic" language that "He" don't fancy.

Are you telling me that a new Convenant was not formed by God?

And since anybody with a brain in their head would say: yes is the answer.

Then, in order to have something "new", it had to replace something "old", no?

I can pull verse, out of verse, out of verse, to prove the accuracy of my point. And the fact
    that the Messiah was foretold, a long time ago, like in Genesis. Which was fulfilled, of course, in
    the "Christian Folly Books" LOL

I'm assuming you're one of those anti-Christians?
    Last edited by ShadowsCool; 04-14-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    shad·ow ing

People with no brain? And you really have gutts to accuse non christians to just accept watever non sense you copy and paste from others? Put yourself in your place and respect others, because that is what Jesus taught.

Truth is: the 'Western atheist' IS CHRISTIAN. Problem with being an atheist: you don't believe in magic. So, the term SUPER NATURAL does not exist in atheism. You, me, humans - have behaviors. We have a religion behavior. Is YOUR ATHEIST RELIGION BEHAVIOR natural for you? Yes. All things are natural in atheism, as opposed to what? Supernatural?
    Your religion is your non-scientific emotional belief system. The atheists took theirs from Christianity. The Old Testament is called Torah better known as Judaism. Christianity is New Testament. The atheists I know, have the same list of rights and wrongs as I do. Atheists and I agree with Jesus, let he who is without sin cast the first stone at the homosexual. JESUS TEACHING that undid Judaism's executions of gays. Atheists and I both like BATMAN. Batman has good honorable values, OUR values, these atheists, New testament Christians and I. Without having Judaism thrown in my face, what behavior codes do I have as a New Testament Christian that differ from the 'atheist'? I can't think of any right off hand and I am super smart.

Atheists are at war with Old testament bangers, not me. Creationism is Jewish. The Torah creation myth. I'm blamed for that why exactly? I am an ethical christian of the New Testament, and I frankly don't care if Jesus was what. I do it because I scientifically believe that assaulting other humans begets them to doing the same to others. Violence is a computer virus we spread to each others' minds. Jesus was a social scientist genius TO ME... what you may think of that fool Freud; Jesus is my Freud.

Bruce Lee taught that Jesus and Buddha were pointing at the truth, and how everyone admired their handsome beauty of their extended fingers. Jesus is not the truth. Buddha is not the truth. They are pointing at something. Jesus and Buddha both point at the same truth; they point at something. Of course you can follow both and they have everything that matters in common. Violence is man's worst enemy. Cure ourselves.
    Last edited by JamCrackers; 04-14-2012 at 01:27 PM.

People with no brain? And you really have gutts to accuse non christians to just accept watever non sense you copy and paste from others? Put yourself in your place and respect others, because that is what Jesus taught.
    What do you know of that Jesus taught? If you really had a grasp of Him, you wouldn't be putting me down.

The problem with your kind is you try to intellectualize God and it don't work. He comes across foolish to you.

You're the one that really started attacking my faith, not the other way around. Besides, I could care less.

I laid out the verses where even a child could understand, but you still rant about Israel in some incoherent manner.

You want to attack me, I can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamCrackers View Post
    Jesus is not the truth. Buddha is not the truth. They are pointing at something. Jesus and Buddha both point at the same truth; they point at something. Of course you can follow both and they have everything that matters in common. Violence is man's worst enemy. Cure ourselves.
    Well you mix in batman, buddha and Bruce Lee and you lost me.

Bottom line is, you can't be quoting Jesus unless you quote the whole Bible. The fact that He is God Almighty and not just some Buddha statue. Whatever. I don't agree with anything you just said. Nada
    shad·ow ing

I can understand the barking of my dog.
    I can understand your stone age grunting.
    I can understand the bitterness that makes you behave as you do.

You don't understand? THERE IS A SHOCKER! No one saw that coming.

I assume from your words, you don't write.
    If you did write, you would know what a story is.
    A story is not film. It is not words. It is not music.
    A story is characters and drama - comic book is a story like any novel, and in many ways better; it has pictures. Film is in many ways better. Those characters are older than you. The millions of words of material and numbers of drawings makes it a body of work in astounding complexity and detail.

No need to tell people you are confused, you can't keep up, you don't understand.
    People will generally have seen that coming.
    When I see more bitter not understanding, I won't be especially surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by JamCrackers View Post
    I assume from your words, you don't write.
    If you did write, you would know what a story is.
    A story is not film. It is not words. It is not music.
    A story is characters and drama - comic book is a story like any novel, and in many ways better; it has pictures. Film is in many ways better. Those characters are older than you. The millions of words of material and numbers of drawings makes it a body of work in astounding complexity and detail.

No need to tell people you are confused, you can't keep up, you don't understand.
    People will generally have seen that coming.
    When I see more bitter not understanding, I won't be especially surprised.
    Ha, you assume I don't write? Can I laugh to the world. I do write and you're welcome to send your condescending comments on it. Just click on my stats and read my writing. You'll be amazed or maybe you won't. I could care less. Yeah, I'm bitter, but it's all in your mind.
    shad·ow ing