Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 67 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you *supposed* to be doing right now!?

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Red face What are you *supposed* to be doing right now!?

I know, I know, you're here, but what are you really supposed to be doing right now?

What are you procrastinating about? What have you shoved to the bottom of your "To Do" pile, again? That 5-page essay that is giving you nightmares?

Is that pile of laundry still looming but you just don't look in its direction? Are you eating stale crackers and peanut butter because you can't face grocery shopping?

Is the light flashing on your phone that you have 12 new messages from your Aunty Bert in Miami who needs to tell you about her cats' gastrointestinal problems? Do you quickly close the browser window when you realise you are now up to 59 unanswered family emails? Haven't done that back up of your computer's hard drive this week/month yet?

Has your "To Read" pile migrated/spread from your bedside table/coffee table/desk etc. to the floor?
    Are the magazines/newspapers in your "To Read" pile more than six months old?

I am supposed to be prepping my garden planters but it's really really windy out and I don't want the dirt to blow in my eyes/face
    that's a good excuse, right?
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Blog Entries
    Well, we should study for the art history test tomorrow, or social studies test on Thursday or the history exam next Monday.
    But...nah.
    If you believe even a half of this post, you are severely mistaken.

Blog Entries
    I am supposed to be studying about WAPT 4.0, a load testing tool that I use for my work Why did I take up such a job, where I have to still study to keep myself updated?

I also need to tidy my bed. It's only second day of the week, and half of the clothes from my wardrobe are already on the bed. In the weekend I make my room tidy, but, come Friday all the clothes, books, papers are lying on my bed, with me sleeping over. Do I sound crazy?
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I know, I know, you're here, but what are you really supposed to be doing right now?

What are you procrastinating about? What have you shoved to the bottom of your "To Do" pile, again? That 5-page essay that is giving you nightmares?

Is that pile of laundry still looming but you just don't look in its direction? Are you eating stale crackers and peanut butter because you can't face grocery shopping?

Is the light flashing on your phone that you have 12 new messages from your Aunty Bert in Miami who needs to tell you about her cats' gastrointestinal problems? Do you quickly close the browser window when you realise you are now up to 59 unanswered family emails? Haven't done that back up of your computer's hard drive this week/month yet?

Has your "To Read" pile migrated/spread from your bedside table/coffee table/desk etc. to the floor?
    Are the magazines/newspapers in your "To Read" pile more than six months old?

I am supposed to be prepping my garden planters but it's really really windy out and I don't want the dirt to blow in my eyes/face
    that's a good excuse, right?
    Heh, I am supposed to be studying at the moment too.

Oh this Mathematics annual exam! It's the first one and if it went bad, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on others thinking why I didn't study for it. But then I feel too lazy to study at the moment.
    Last edited by Pensive; 05-08-2007 at 12:18 PM.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

The Word is Serendipitous Lote-Tree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    Do I sound crazy?
    You sound lazy ;-)

Reminds me of someone I know when I look in the mirror... :-)

But I abhor lazyness including my own - thats my redeeming feature :-)
    I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
    Some letter of that After-life to spell:
    And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
    And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell :"

Blog: Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree and Poetry and Tales

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lote-Tree View Post
    You sound lazy ;-)

Reminds me of someone I know when I look in the mirror... :-)

But I abhor lazyness including my own - thats my redeeming feature :-)

Lote, I didn't want to know the truth.
    Last edited by Madhuri; 05-08-2007 at 12:46 PM.

hmm i am suppose to be looking for a job, cleaning the rest of the house (what I didnt get done yesterday, mainly daughters room 4yr olds are sooo messy), and working on the flower bed but its been pouring rain for the last 2 days. there are ponds in my back yard and a river down one side of my house thanks to the rain (ok maybe not so bad but pretty bad)
    Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you have never met.

I'm supposed to be studying for my Science Exam now....ugh!
    I Love and Hate reading, you know why? Cuz my nights became sleepless when I discovered that Somethings called "books" do exist!

Smile Its as if you know me .....

Ment to be doing work for uni for my bloody Rousseau essay having a hard time so lookng for inspiration

Should be stocking shelves and doing accounting for my business. *sigh*

Should be looking over a couple of things before my exam tomorrow....but they're soooooooo boriiiing!!!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain

I should be studying for the Spanish test...

The Word is Serendipitous Lote-Tree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post

Lote, I didn't want to know the truth.
    :-) Madhuri, knowing the truth is good. Finding an excuse for it - is even better :-)
    I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
    Some letter of that After-life to spell:
    And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
    And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell :"

Blog: Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree and Poetry and Tales

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lote-Tree View Post
    :-) Madhuri, knowing the truth is good. Finding an excuse for it - is even better :-)

I am just trying to save myself from harsh realities of life. I am not asking for too much, am I? I love being lost in my thoughts So, no more truths from now on, please . Day dreaming is so much easier, tidying a room takes a lot of energy, I am saving all of it

Blog Entries
    I really should be going to have a shower and then bed as i'm in work for 6am.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Page 1 of 67 1234561151 ... LastLast